Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy
    #4187358 - 05/17/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering if anybody has any kind of personal experience with the use of psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy or as an aid in structured psychotherapy environment?

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
edible anus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4188405 - 05/17/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, they've helped me considerably. I can't go in detail at the moment, but to make a long story short psychedelics saved my life. Through psychedelics, particularly LSD I discovered my strength, raised my self esteem, learned to love myself, beat depression, anixety and drug addiction (heroin, oxy, morphine & coke). That last one is a constant battle, but I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for psychedelics, they instantly break addiction and give you a fresh start....staying off isn't easy, but it can be done, and psychedelics continue to help me in this regard.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4188432 - 05/17/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Same here, only some of the circumstances are different. It was LSD that was IMO what saved me also. Now I use various psychedelics to further development. My partner and I use these also to work out difficulties we have in our relationship. It's amazing how well it works. I most highly recommend it. :heart: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (05/17/05 09:13 PM)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: Icelander]
    #4189536 - 05/18/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I decided to come out while tripping.

I was pretty sucidal and decided not to kill myself when tripping.

I find self psychotherapy works best with a low dose, and some music that relates to the issue you are trying to address. The way I do it is listen to the tunes and pay attention to what pops up in my head while the music goes on. This way, you can learn what is going on in your subconscious mind. To high a dose and it's hard to make sense of anything. I did this with the song "Even Shadows have Shadows." by Eyedea, and it worked great.

A large part of the psilocybin psychology experience is how it removes feelings of alienation. Being in nature helps the mushrooms do their magic.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: tomk]
    #4189549 - 05/18/05 02:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Also, using psychedelics as an aid to psychotherapy is a lot easier if you learn to focus your mind by practiciing meditation for a few weeks first. In particular, the meditation technique of focusing on one thing, observing your thought, refocusing, observing your thought, etc, is really condusive to gaining the skills necessary to make full use of psychedelics.

Just taking them like you would aspirin isn't going to aid psychotherapy much. It may remove a block, but doing subtle work where you want to focus on one thing requires days of work both before and after the trip. Start meditating!

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: tomk]
    #4190037 - 05/18/05 08:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

In my case meditation wasn't necessary. It can be helpfull for sure, but you can get good results, even if you don't like meditation. Set and setting are very important though IMO. :heart:

--------------------

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: Icelander]
    #4197110 - 05/19/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dark_Star and Icelander, thanks for sharing your experiences. If you don?t mind I would be interested in hearing your stories in more depth, but I also understand if you would like to keep the details in private.

Tomk, your advice sounds very grounding and useful. Have you worked in this way yourself? Could you share a more detailed explanation of the process or at least provide some additional resources?

I didn?t find much useful information on this topic except the "Handbook for the Therapeutic Use of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25" by D.B. Blewett, Ph.D and and "The Secret Chief" by Myron Stolaroff, both available online. "LSD Psychotherapy" by Dr. Stan Grof also sounds promising, but I have yet to get my hands on it.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4198224 - 05/20/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Like many people, psychedelics have been a life-savor for me.  I was such a mess before I started tripping, and gradually, I have realized that I *want* to grow as a better person.  Before, I just didn't care.  Now, I want to try and be better then I am, strive to improve myself.  I've felt so ALIVE since I've started tripping, much more aware of the world and especially, myself.  I've been able to recognize, identify and sometimes halt the self-destructive aspects of my personality, so I can tell when I am unconsiously trying to sabotage myself.  I don't always have the strength of will to detrail my saboteur, but I'm working on it all the time. 

Anyway, I wouldn't ever had REALIZED I had the ability to do this if it weren't for mushrooms.  It's like the "way" was shown to me, of what I could become if I just believed I could do it.  Before, I was just sort of a victim of my personality, it ruled methe other  in a negative way.  But now, after so many trips, I've realized that it's way around, that *I* rule *it*, and that I must start taking responsibility for my feelings.  At the same time, I've realized it's okay to feel certain things, and that feeling certain things doesn't mean that I'm a shitty person, or that I'm going crazy, or any of that.   

I feel tripping has helped me identify that which I call "myself," past all the social conditioning and past all the regret, hatred and anger, there is *me* and I've come to realize that's perfectly alright. 

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, sorta  :stoned: :beer: :beer: right now. 

I've been through all sorts of therapy/meds/hospitals and developing my own path of healing with the aid of psychedelics has helped me in ways I never thought possible.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy [Re: MOTH]
    #4199610 - 05/20/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It makes perfect sense to me Ellemy, in fact it's beatiful. :heart: I can totally relate. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being