Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePuppet1
Stranger
Use of psychedelics in difficult situations
    #4681445 - 09/19/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Im going to have to deal with my childhood dog dying in the near future. Does anyone have any advice reguarding the use of psychedelics to help a person get through this? i dont mean as an escape, but as a way of understanding the situtation to better deal with it. Has anyone had any experience with it? what did you use?

Im hoping to find a way to grow from this situation, instead of having it cripple me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Re: Use of psychedelics in difficult situations [Re: Puppet1]
    #4681456 - 09/19/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i went over it without drugs... try that and when you are ok then get some srhooms to congratulate yourself!

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4681464 - 09/19/05 12:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nope, that's really not a good idea. Like Angelo said, wait for things to settle down before messing with psychedelics....

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4682564 - 09/19/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think the best thing to do is to "go with your gut" and follow the course. It sounds like the situation will have its challenges. Psilocybes may help you see the grande scheme in a more positive light.

OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #4683629 - 09/19/05 09:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I will say that I've never taken a psychedelic and came out in a mind set worse than the one I went in with...but that's me

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Use of psychedelics in difficult situations [Re: Cherk]
    #4685280 - 09/20/05 06:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you can stare Death in the face then it will reveal to your its secrets. In this case you'd be staring your dog in the eyes, so if you can take it, then by all means. Shrooms will always show you the light, assuming you want to see it. There's nothing bad about death and nothing for you to 'get through' here, so I say go for it. A peek at death adds magical contrast to life, helps you fully appreciate it...

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #4685289 - 09/20/05 06:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That's rough. I've been thinking about this with my pets (the ones I have and have had) recently.
I agree with those that have said that psychedelics could help you deal with it, I think LSD would be better than mushrooms in this respect. But that's because I've found LSD to be a much more enlightening drug for the intellect and it's the intellect that will cause most of the problems when your dog goes away. If you had no intellect you'd find some way to intuitively deal with it...just as all animals deal with their companions dying.

But I also think it would be best if you waited a while and got through it without any "enhancement". After a few weeks or months, when you feel the situation has changed, you can take some LSD or mushrooms and see what happens. If you do this then you'll have the brunt of the death behind you and you can use the psychedelics as a follow up or to get a larger perspective--and that is what they are good for, clearing the way after or before events that take place in normal states of consciousness.

In the end it's up to you, and your choice will be the only way it could have been. That will BE the experience. Follow your intuition--you have no choice anyhow. :smile:

How's your dog doing? Is it sick or just getting old?

OfflinePuppet1
Stranger
Re: Use of psychedelics in difficult situations [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4685742 - 09/20/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the advice. shes a small dog, 14 years old, shes just getting old, no noticable sicknesses. I keep her in good shape, but ive noticed her slipping more and more. I also notice she drags her feet alot, which could be a part of it.

Its just that if she does die around the typical age limit for small dogs, it will be during the hardest part of college. If i go into a despressed funk during this, im not sure i can pass my classes, or even want to continue college. Shes the only thing that has kept me going this far, kept me from being isolated and depressed.

Would anyone have any advice reguarding what a person could do if they just wanted to leave, go somewhere else in the world with a small amount of money and survive, just to get away from it all? Ive heard american dollars go a long way in other countries. I just want to go live in the rural old world, get some life experience. College sure as hell hasnt taught me anything.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4686274 - 09/20/05 04:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Be careful man. Losing a lifelong companion like that is not easy to deal with. If you tripped during the grieving process, it could go well or horribly. Chances are good that it would be the latter. Psychedelics amplify emotions that you're feeling, so just imagine the feeling of loss and sadness being intensified multiple times...such sadness is not easy to deal with.

Granted, it could go well and you would gain much greater insight on life and death, but you could do this while sober as well, and doing so while sober will not bear as much risk of serious mental trauma.

My dog is aging too, so you aren't alone.

:hug: :heart:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineJon
Re: Use of psychedelics in difficult situations [Re: dblaney]
    #4690667 - 09/21/05 04:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms might even help you transcend the fact that grieving over death is pointless. Just depends whether or not you are going to enjoy your enlightenment. When I dont enjoy it I call it a conviction.

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #4704067 - 09/24/05 05:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow. I guess you don't have any control over when she dies, if she just goes 'naturally'...but knowing that doesn't make it lighter..
But don't worry about the college courses, just do what you have to do. Take care of yourself and don't worry about some platonic ideal about how things should be (e.g. finishing school by an exact date or whatever). How old are you, btw?

Quote:

Would anyone have any advice reguarding what a person could do if they just wanted to leave, go somewhere else in the world with a small amount of money and survive, just to get away from it all? Ive heard american dollars go a long way in other countries. I just want to go live in the rural old world, get some life experience. College sure as hell hasnt taught me anything.

I know people that have done/are doing this. Have you been to Asia? What are you studying at college? There are opportunities out there, to live cheaply, it's of course easier if you have some other people to help you out wherever you go. Maybe you should get away for a while, but don't burn all your bridges back to your homeland...you might realize you need them after living in a place where you have no one to speak to (lang. diff.) and where you experience severe culture shock.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being