Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Dub
    #1183494 -

Anyone listen to dub? I'm looking for reccommendations on albums to buy.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub [Re: silversoul7]
    #1191487 -

Dub is my favorite musicstyle to. "Mad Professor" is my favorite so far. Check out his "Afrocentric dub"-album It's really worthwhile ordering if you can't find it.
For more tranquil chill-out dub I prefer "Twilight Circus Dub Soud System"
I could name you lots of good Dubbands like "King Tubby", "Prince Jammie",..., but there are those radiostations here at the internet where they play lots of good dubrecords 24/7 and where you can see the songtitles etc. Check out www.winamp.com for example.
Enjoy the vibes! :wink: 


--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub [Re: silversoul7]
    #1191612 -

I just know King Tubby and Lee Scratch Perry, but I love it! I did try to find more good dub, but everything else sort of sucked. I found the same with reggae; I don't like much else besides Bob Marley and maybe a couple of other artists.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub [Re: mr_kite]
    #1192097 -

have you checked out Zion Train?


--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub [Re: mr_kite]
    #1192384 -

For Christmas I got Lee Scratch Perry's Complete UK Upsetter Singles Collection, but it doesn't sound like what I thought dub was supposed to sound like.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub [Re: silversoul7]
    #1211059 -

Man I loooove DUB music, but I agree its quite hard to find the good shit.

One of my favourite albums of all time is the DUB album:

Scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires

- this is some heavy heavy shit (some of it features on the GTA3 soundtrack). And yes, its a fuking glorious album, every song is wicked and yes it'll send you off to heaven if youre on psychedelics. Please, please buy this album

Its all in the mix



--------------------
I like to SHIMMY to my locations....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* dub wilshire 706 10 11/21/05 05:19 PM
by wilshire
* Any dub recommendations?
( 1 2 all )
AntiMeme 2,739 22 10/10/04 10:37 PM
by rasjoe2112
* FIVE FAVORITE CD'S or ALBUMS
( 1 2 all )
mattx 2,621 24 02/19/06 04:26 PM
by XUL
* melancholic / dark dub king_cobra 1,341 14 08/29/09 08:50 AM
by solstice
* Psychedelic Psoup - Illegal Album jux 1,174 3 03/29/05 04:24 PM
by lilbilski4life
* Your 5 currently favorite albums and 5 currently favorite songs...as of today
( 1 2 3 all )
Soularize 8,418 50 06/06/05 04:09 PM
by Jim
* Salmonella Dub? aNeway2sayHooray 527 6 09/23/05 09:22 PM
by voooom
* whats your fav album?
( 1 2 all )
Banez 2,266 33 09/28/05 11:51 AM
by Banez

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
934 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.