Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Future problem help!
    #12100790 -

So by this weekend I'll probably be casing some of my cakes or take them out to begin to fruit.  Next week ill Be out of town and my room mate will be with me. It may be about 2 days at max... Probably just a day. But I won't be home to fan or mist my casing or cakes. What should I do? If I waited another week to fruit my jars would that be bad? I'm hoping they will be complete by middle of next week.


Update: 12 1/2 pint jars. 4 98% colonized going to try and bulk case those. That gives me a couple days to let them colonize again. But the other 8 are at about 75% complete.  Hopefully they won't be complete when I leave i just see a future problem. What can I do?

Really I'm just asking if misting or fanning for a day mess my cakes up and if so what should I do...


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12100901 -

Let em consolidate for a week after 100% colonization. So you should be good til you come back.


--------------------







  AMU Q & A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: Buddaking]
    #12100993 -

What about my cakes that are probably a 100% now? Would an additional week be bad for them?


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101016 -

CapZilla said:
What about my cakes that are probably a 100% now? Would an additional week be bad for them?




No, let them sit for a week after they are 100 % then birth them.
If you birth at the first day of 100% colonization they will just sit in your FC and do very little for the first week.
Also just because the outside is 100 % dose not mean the middle is and if you crumble to bulk you may be looking for contams.


--------------------







  AMU Q & A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: Buddaking]
    #12101113 -

Okay well i just took a look at my cakes and they are 100% so ill start the consolidation Monday.  This should be perfect.  If I let them sit too long wont they rot?

What is consolidation for? just further lets the mycelium grow?


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101132 -

If they appear 100% for the first time today, Start the 1 week countdown now and birth next Friday.

I am a noob myself but from what I have read the consolidation period allows the Myc to fully colonise the substrate and become very aggressive. I may be wrong so a more expirenced member may want to chime in if that is the case.


--------------------







  AMU Q & A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101139 -

My understanding of consolidation is that it is the phase in the mycelium's growth in which it consumes any remaining nutrients in the cake. Pinning will not be initiated until it has completely consolidated the substrate(when combined with other factors).


EDIT:but I am not a TC...so don't take my word as gospel.

Edited by Osensei (02/26/10 10:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: Osensei]
    #12101161 -

Interesting piece of information there Osensei. Good information glad to know now.

Well there brings up my dilemma Buddah.  If I birth next Friday then I wont be home to mist and fan on the weekend. I think I'll be leaving Saturday morning and probably wont return till either Sunday morning or Saturday night. I wont be home to mist fan or give light...though the light I can work with just sit at the window.


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101178 -

Are you planning to dunk and roll ?

Also you should be OK with a 9 day consolidation as I had some Chilean cakes sit for 12 days not too long ago. They did fine after the dunk and roll. I had to wait till payday to buy a tub to make a SG FC.


--------------------







  AMU Q & A

Edited by Buddaking (02/26/10 10:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: Buddaking]
    #12101222 -

yes I am definitely planning to do that.  I want to bulk grow half and just cake the others.


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101231 -

I would recommend damions 50/50 for the bulk. It was noob friendly for me.


--------------------







  AMU Q & A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: Buddaking]
    #12101315 -

okay ill look into that.  Thanks for your input buddah


--------------------
Discover each persons thumbscrew.
It is the way to move their will.
More skill than force is required to know how to get at the heart of anyone.

Good friends themselves are hard to come by.
But a Best friend, Priceless.


Damion5050 Most Helpful Guides

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Future problem help! [Re: CapZilla]
    #12101731 -

You can let them sit in the jars as long as you like. some people even fruit in the jars.


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Casing Problems primal_future 704 1 08/28/02 03:10 PM
by cantankerous
* drying problems-freeze drying?
( 1 2 all )
GaNjAShRooM 10,838 23 07/16/23 01:34 PM
by Screwup
* fluffy mycelium and the future sherminator 3,501 2 06/03/01 11:12 AM
by BrownPastures
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,244 43 04/15/24 03:10 PM
by stasis
* Biology behind mycelial "consolidation"? lsg1 7,455 9 05/01/07 10:48 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Complete Newbie with Complete Newbie Questions...: Awake240 1,580 9 10/28/01 03:28 PM
by Awake240
* Casing problems please help me!!! Syd_barret 720 1 01/16/02 04:17 PM
by puscle
* whats the problem? dog man 1,190 10 12/11/02 02:34 PM
by PooGrower

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
486 topic views. 12 members, 175 guests and 198 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.