Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Suits are cool...
    #12092517 -

if you know how to buy 'em...

Odd story... I was downtown today looking at some new suits and this dude came in, must have been about 38-45, and I over heard him saying to a store attendant with this low brow 'thug boy' accent... "I need a suit, but I don't know how to buy 'em, can y'all like help me out?"

I'm not trying to be judgmental or rude here, I actually felt bad for the guy, but come on, what mid-aged man doesn't know how to buy his own clothes?

Then I heard him say "you all got any suits cheaper than this? Like something under $100?"  :rofl:

I mean, man, I started out poor, came from a lower class family, so I know it sucks, but just because you're poor doesn't mean you have to be stupid... the guy's walking into a downtown clothing store where suits start at $299.99 and go up to $4000.00, it doesn't take a genius to know you shouldn't stroll in their with a $100.00 limit.
Christ man, go to a thrift store and buy a used suit for $20 like I used to do, 'cause it's a pretty good chance you wont wear it again after court anyway.
Right!?

But anyway.. anyone else into suits?  What kind of suits do you guys wear?


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12092555 -

let me say, in the most emphatic low-brow thug accent that i can muster, that you are 'a muthafucking tool ass bitch yuppie'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12092557 -

Hey man, everyone's gotta start somewhere. It's probably the first time he's ever been to court.

And you're asking what kind of suits a bunch of hippies and drug users like to wear? Wrong fucking place dude.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #12092575 -

No one should go to court. Contribution to crime promotes others to get fucked as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: greenspectral]
    #12092582 -

i like wearing suits but dont usually have a reason for doing so. :shrug:

when i was in to buy my last suit i heard this one sales guy fitting a customer.. the sales guy was this older, stereotypical black guy. he was saying something like: "This here is a real gentlemans suit! Not like none of that stuff you was lookin at before. A reeeal gentlemens suit."

damn near lost it laughing. :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12092617 -

Sprezzatura said:
'cause it's a pretty good chance you wont wear it again after court anyway.
Right!?



:ilold:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: Ryan07]
    #12092631 -

JOSEPH A BANKS!



Always have hella sales.


http://www.josbank.com/


--------------------


My Drying Chamber




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12092648 -

I wore a suit to a funeral and a wedding.

Nah, not into suits. Hate 'em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suits are cool... [Re: greenspectral]
    #12092677 -

greenspectral said:
let me say, in the most emphatic low-brow thug accent that i can muster, that you are 'a muthafucking tool ass bitch yuppie'.



oh shit, haha, I didn't know that was you, my bad dawg.


Quote:
And you're asking what kind of suits a bunch of hippies and drug users like to wear? Wrong fucking place dude.



Well, I'm 27, I knew a bunch of guys in a few different cities, including myself, that were big into punk rock/rock and roll that, as they got a little older, wear suits or modified suits...still having a rock and roll/punk edge to 'em.... I'm not talking about stuffy businessman, golf playing, country club suits man, I'm talking about suits with style.
I don't think it's terribly uncommon for urban hipsters, punk rockers, rock and rollers, hippies or drug users to wear suits.

I'm the heaviest drinker and psychedelic drug user that I've ever met and I wear a suit now and again.  :shrug:


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Accents
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bi0TeK 7,797 64 01/14/05 11:30 AM
by Bi0TeK
* Photo of an invisibility suit Dogomush 1,359 7 02/08/03 05:31 AM
by stefan
* Cool Christmas Songs Frog 1,034 5 12/17/03 12:31 PM
by StonedShroom
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,728 35 08/03/04 08:29 AM
by Phishgrrl
* Hard but cool game.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,359 29 07/27/04 12:15 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Cool Smoking Pics
( 1 2 all )
The_Hobbit 6,644 27 12/15/05 05:07 PM
by Origo
* Cool new phish show i got :) YouEnjoyMyself 1,136 11 09/21/04 11:14 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Vancouver Smart Shops/all around cool stops? Viveka 2,307 8 07/27/04 04:45 PM
by Spiffy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
385 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.