Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
calling tax experts
    #11963205 -

I just filed my federal taxes Today, 2/04/2010 around 6:45PM.  I entered all the information as was presented on my W2's and other forms.  My question comes from my 1098-T form (tuition info).

My school made an error printing these forms, in box 4 (adjustments made for a prior year) they had $1.60 entered in the box.  So, of course, I entered it when asked here on TaxAct.  The problem is, after I submitted my return, I checked my e-mail and earlier today my college sent me a message saying that there are errors on my 1098-T and that the correct version is online.  Box 4 should have been at $0 for me.

My question is, will this flag my return and the government won't accept it?  What should I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11963713 -

zSDMF said:
I just filed my federal taxes Today, 2/04/2010 around 6:45PM.  I entered all the information as was presented on my W2's and other forms.  My question comes from my 1098-T form (tuition info).

My school made an error printing these forms, in box 4 (adjustments made for a prior year) they had $1.60 entered in the box.  So, of course, I entered it when asked here on TaxAct.  The problem is, after I submitted my return, I checked my e-mail and earlier today my college sent me a message saying that there are errors on my 1098-T and that the correct version is online.  Box 4 should have been at $0 for me.

My question is, will this flag my return and the government won't accept it?  What should I do?



http://www.youtube.com/user/RidleyReport#p/search/6/F3OqNwBbibI

Don't file!!!  Change your citizenship statues legally!


--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11963721 -

uh yeah i'd like to take the option that doesn't involve being a conspiracy theory filled hippie thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11963969 -

make sure you keep your original paperwork and you shouldnt have any
issues, they have bigger fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11964081 -

zSDMF said:
uh yeah i'd like to take the option that doesn't involve being a conspiracy theory filled hippie thanks




Its not a conspiracy thoery.  U can talk to the guy himself.  He hasn't payed for over 20 years.  He has successfully defended himself in court every single time.  If you know what u are doing you don't have to pay!


--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11964085 -

...i already paid taxes.  i'm getting my refund.  i'll be god damned if i'll let the gov't keep that.  when I work, I work legally so I pay taxes.  thanks for your totally useless posts though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11964111 -

zSDMF said:
...i already paid taxes.  i'm getting my refund.  i'll be god damned if i'll let the gov't keep that.  when I work, I work legally so I pay taxes.  thanks for your totally useless posts though



I'm talking about next year


--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11964180 -

yeah, you know, in america, legit jobs like to take your social security card and automatically pay your taxes in.  its, you know, federal law.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11964381 -

zSDMF said:
yeah, you know, in america, legit jobs like to take your social security card and automatically pay your taxes in.  its, you know, federal law.




Uhhhhh no.  They pay payroll taxes.  I'm talking about income taxes.  They do that in many Euro-welfare state but not here.  In America to quote senator harry reid,"We have a voluntary income tax." 



--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11964446 -

i'm not sure what you are getting at exactly but florida doesn't have a state income tax (I assume this is what you're talking about??) and well frankly I don't care.  i'm not going to go through all this bullshit to not pay taxes that the government is going to make me pay eventually anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: zSDMF]
    #11964550 -

The difference between $1.60  (one dollar and 60 cents, right?) and $0 on a 1098e form is so negligible it shouldn't make a difference on your return.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #11964578 -

I claimed tuition expenses without a 1098-T :shrug:

Getting about 2 Gs back :bandana:

Edited by PsychoPsilocin (02/04/10 08:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #11964806 -

PsychoPsilocin said:
I claimed tuition expenses without a 1098-T :shrug:

Getting about 2 Gs back :bandana:



I was asked about expenses like books, etc but I didn't have the receipt from when I bought all my supplies.  probably would have gotten me back more but I don't care :shrug:  I haven't paid much taxes this year anyway so any difference it would have made probably wouldn't amount to shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: calling tax experts [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #11964817 -

Gr8fulJ420 said:
The difference between $1.60  (one dollar and 60 cents, right?) and $0 on a 1098e form is so negligible it shouldn't make a difference on your return.



I PMed a CPA that frequents another forum I go to and he said that the $1.60 will probably never get noticed and if it does the IRS will just tell me that they're gonna correct it for me.  if I don't like them correcting it I can also contest it but I was advised it wouldn't be worth it, as I would have to hire a CPA to do it for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i'm considered dependant, can i still get student loans to pay for all tuition? KetamineKatalyst 913 8 02/08/08 09:03 AM
by KetamineKatalyst
* Calling all Classic rock experts adamj 3,243 19 06/15/04 09:25 AM
by oreganojoe
* OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,436 32 04/16/05 05:30 AM
by batou
* Got my tax refund :) Hallucinogen 2,197 12 04/16/04 10:08 AM
by Merkin
* Car trouble please help if you are an expert!! kronnyQ 563 4 03/29/05 02:42 PM
by BloodNOil
* What is the freakin song? Blues expert needed Irradiated_Feces 848 6 03/15/05 03:55 PM
by vinsue
* Europe Gathering 2005 !!! (organizing and ideas?)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
stefan 15,048 140 01/06/05 02:32 AM
by Hamurabi
* Police Response to Call
( 1 2 all )
dblaney 1,975 23 03/29/05 07:49 PM
by ricyjo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
542 topic views. 2 members, 17 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.