Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable.
    #4059594 - 04/15/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay...this is fucking WEIRD...

Keep in mind that I had just taken a HUGE bong hit before this happens. 

A deputy sheriff (or someone affiliated with the deputy sheriff's office) just called me, asked for me by name.  He explains who he is with and then says that he is part of the time commissioned to keep the drug traffickers off the street. 

(at this point, my mind is whirling...like WTF)

And then he said, "I need to confirm your address.  Is it still at <insert my address here>>

I am confused...should I lie...should I tell the truth...so I say, "Yes, it is." 

He says, "You staying out of trouble?"  And I say, "Yes," in a firm voice, and he sort of laughs and says, "You sure?" 

And I say, "yep." 

And he proceeds to tell me that he is part of the Austin Sheriffs Department and that they are taking donations for the families whose lives have been negatively harmed by drug trafficking (or something like that.  Something with drug trafficking that they want to raise money for).  He goes on to tell me that he is selling $50, $40, and $20 packages, and would I like to donate today? 

And I say, "No I'm sorry...my husband and I are very tight this month.  We really do not have anything to spare." 

And he returns with, "Are you sure?  We could really use your donation today." 

And I say, "Yes, I'm sure.  It's been tight this month." 

And then he quickly hangs up with me

and it is over. 

Okay, my question is...granted I'm stoned as fuck, but what just happened there?  :confused:

1. He asked for me by my first name
2. He confirmed my address
3. How did he get my address?
4. Why did he ask me if I was "being good?" 

5. Don't you think its sort of ironic that just as I sat down to get comfortable for a nice, private day of toking and took a big hit, a sheriff calls, asks for me by name and then tells me he is with the anti-drug trafficking division, asks me if I've been good, then asks me if "you sure?" 

What the fuck is going on?  :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: MOTH]
    #4059602 - 04/15/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

OH by the way, and I am not a drug trafficker.

But you know how the law can twist the story to make it sound like you are.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: MOTH]
    #4059603 - 04/15/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

He probably randomly picked your name out of the phone book or some other type of public record which contains all the information he stated. Simple coincidence for the timing.

THey're always asking for money, I always get these calls.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4059608 - 04/15/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The police department in my area telemarkets, too. It freaked me out once, but then I asked them to take me off their list, and I haven't been bothered since.

If they solicit again (and I doubt it's anything worse than that), simply ask them not to call anymore.

It is unnerving, though, right?

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4059613 - 04/15/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

chill out...... take another bong hit......

you just confirmed your address to a telemarketer.... you should be getting all sorts of bs in the mail now... like you didn't before.

he was as much of a cop as any telemarketer.... he might have been a cop once.....

but that little intro he gave you was his dumb was of being funny...... do ya sound like a stoner? might be what he does to stoner sounding people to give himself a chuckle.

chill winstonn......

Invisiblephalloidin

#4059624 - 04/15/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

telemarketer. My brother use to live in Austin and did that for a little while. I don't think it was for the anti-drug trafficking division, but it was associated with some law enforcement agency. Give a donation and you get a sticker to put on your car. It's no big deal

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: zerozero]
    #4059633 - 04/15/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well...I don't know if I sound like a stoner. I WAS listening to Pink Floyd's the Dark Side of the Moon rather audibly when the phone was handed to me.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: phalloidin]
    #4059640 - 04/15/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MrTryptastic said:
telemarketer.  My brother use to live in Austin and did that for a little while.  I don't think it was for the anti-drug trafficking division, but it was associated with some law enforcement agency.  Give a donation and you get a sticker to put on your car.  It's no big deal

I definately feel more reassured now. 

This just has never happened to me before.... :blush:

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: zerozero]
    #4059652 - 04/15/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you can tell those guys the following>
the cops don't do shit in your area and then give an example of this like>
my car was broken into in front of my house, are you guys still investigating that?>
then tell them you were just laid off and can't give money to the cops, whose salaries you already help paid with your taxes>
and the FOP is like a country club for cops, that's 99.9% of the time what those cops calling you, they are pushy bastards.

course if you give the FOP the money, you can get one of those big metal fop medallions for your car> probably won't make any difference when you get pulled over, but it might make you feel better.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4060156 - 04/15/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I had the locals do that just recently, and asked me a similar question. I said "Nope. You?" He then joked about it and asked for the donation. The bottom of the rung was 25....I told him I could give 10 and was that ok? He said yes....left it on the door for them to pick up. End of story.

Don't worry be happy...as long as you are just an at-home user and are careful about where you pick it up...no biggie. They have bigger fish to fry.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4060180 - 04/15/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Regerdless of the reason....That would freak me out

:what:

:eek:

:crazyeyes:

:whoa:

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4060196 - 04/15/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hows the waitressing going?

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4060228 - 04/15/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: ellemy, I'm sure the guy was just kidding around when he said that :grin:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: gdman]
    #4060401 - 04/15/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What, the cops don't make enough money with those great big "$250k" busts they do? Even in a shithole city like I live in the cops usually get a big bust like that every once in a while. Give me a break, if anyone needs more money, it's not the drug trafficking division. And yeah, I'd say that was some great timing for that phone call to happen when it did lol.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #4060403 - 04/15/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Keep your distance from the steroided monsters IE: Austins Police
Man they are a lot worse than our pigs :mad:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4060407 - 04/15/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

relax

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4060420 - 04/15/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

Damn paranoid potheads. :smirk: :grin:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. *DELETED* [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4060445 - 04/15/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: blink]
    #4060486 - 04/15/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My buddy will not answer his phone, ever! It drives me crazy when I am at his house and the phone will start ringing and ringing and ringing!! I ask him why he doesn't just turn his ringer off and he replied, "Well, then I won't know when somebody is calling." He is a retard. :crazy2:

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinenothing
Old Hand

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #4060543 - 04/15/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Sir Ian

Reason for deletion: _

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: nothing]
    #4060556 - 04/15/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, how generous. :thumbdown:
Cops suck.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: blissedout]
    #4060564 - 04/15/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd donate for a gaurentee, in writing, that I had immunity for traffic violations. That'd be niiice

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: Boom]
    #4060571 - 04/15/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd donate if they would legalize bud. Otherwise, they can fuck off.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: blissedout]
    #4060579 - 04/15/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
I'd donate if they would legalize bud. Otherwise, they can fuck off.

:lol:  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4060634 - 04/15/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Wow, how generous. :thumbdown:
Cops suck.

You took the words right out of my mouth, fuck the piggies.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4060682 - 04/15/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

those FOP/Sherif supporter car badges/decals that you put on your car might let you off the hook, sometimes. You have to donate money to receive one.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: Vvellum]
    #4060710 - 04/15/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It would be a good idea from security standpoints.....but I will never put anything supporting cops on anything I own, I just can't do it.....and I sure as hell will never give those motherfuckers a clipped penny.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4060719 - 04/15/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldnt give my hard-earned money to the pigs either, although I would buy a fake one off ebay or elsewhere just for the protection that it might bring.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: Vvellum]
    #4060724 - 04/15/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: Con the fuckers! I like it.  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4060730 - 04/15/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

exactly

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4061006 - 04/15/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Be careful who you buy drugs from, sometimes they are being watched and that ties you in.
If you are growing anything illegal, NEVER TALK ABOUT IT!

When I read that story I jumped right away to the conclusion that you pissed someone off, and someone is trying to jerk your chain hardcore. I don't buy this telemarketer BS. And if it WAS a telemarketer, never confirm an address.
Do you have anyone against you, did your roommate ever move out, and how did that go?
I would take something like that pretty serious. As long as you are not openly growing and leaving stuff out of the open that could incriminate you, you are safe.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: flowstone]
    #4061315 - 04/16/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you use a fire department sticker, the fire department is cool and that sticker usually covers you for cops too, because the cop will think "Hey firefighters are like cousins, thats cool that that guy supports my fire fighter brethern."

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: OMG a deputy sheriff called me...freaked....I need some advice from the knowledgable. [Re: tomk]
    #4061750 - 04/16/05 05:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
If you use a fire department sticker, the fire department is cool and that sticker usually covers you for cops too, because the cop will think "Hey firefighters are like cousins, thats cool that that guy supports my fire fighter brethern."

no its more like nice step bros.

really though i have been contacted by the denver police boosters. it's no biggie, if you don't want to get the sticker then just say "please take me off your list"

i have donated even though i have been told that the sticker "doesn't do dick"
not all cops are fucktardsunfortunatly most are( at least here)

too bad about the timing... :whoa:

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Edited by batou (04/16/05 05:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale