Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti?
    #11859053 -

I do not mean right away, but there will probably be great need for civilian volunteer work in the coming months and years, similar to the massive home- and city-rebuilding projects that have gone on continuously in New Orleans since Katrina.  If I am able I would like to go this summer and help build things.  I was wondering if this has crossed anyone's mind.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859068 -

No...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Maurer]
    #11859164 -

it has, especially since I got laid off. Im going to Berlin this summer btu was thinking about maybe in the fall looking into it. never done anything like it before so I have on idea what it entails or where to look. Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: divadrea]
    #11859171 -

eh man you missed the thread i just posted like ten minutes ago
:mad2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859188 -

Cool idea. Might be something I look into this summer after I graduate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #11859192 -

That was about donating money, though; I am talking more about actually doing volunteer work oneself.  Surely the threads can coexist!

Divadrea, I don't have any suggestions, I have never done any volunteer work of this kind either, though I seriously looked into a bunch of programs in New Orleans.  I am going to move to that part of the world at the end of the summer so I figured I could stop in Haiti and spend as much time as possible there doing construction or whatever I am capable of doing.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11859199 -

c0sm0nautt said:
Cool idea. Might be something I look into this summer after I graduate.


I'm graduating this summer too!  :rockon:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859208 -

Ah i missed that lol. Well good luck mayng!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859211 -

Hoping to join the Peace Corps for a year or so after I finish my bachelor's.  They could very well send me there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: BothHands]
    #11859221 -

Awesome!

I was thinking of applying to do Peace Corps, but I decided it was not the right option for me.  Do you have any preference of what part of the world you want to go to?  Would you like to be sent to Haiti or would you be upset about it?


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859232 -

Wherever they need me is fine.  Africa would be really nice though.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859241 -

.:.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 11:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? *DELETED* [Re: BothHands]
    #11859252 -

Post deleted by Lion

Reason for deletion: .



--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11859259 -

blewmeanie said:
Then don't need people to build things, they need people to teach them how to build properly. Those assholes will argue with you for even suggesting they first lay down a foundation. :nonono:


You sound like you're speaking from experience...with Haitian immigrants in FL??

I would not be able to teach anyone anything about building. :crazy:  If I volunteered to do construction I would just follow orders.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859263 -

disaster areas are a great place to make money also




O wait its just haiti never mind


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859298 -

I was born in Cape Town South Africa, actually.  It's such a beautiful place.  We had a house on the foot of Table Mountain.  We got robbed maybe 9 times in the 8 years I lived there though.  Luckily we were middle-class-white, so it was easy to get over here to the states.  We were illegal for a few years though. :tongue2:

But other than the corrupt useless governments and the grinding poverty all around you, it's so incredibly beautiful.  I'd like to go back for a while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: BothHands]
    #11859327 -

Wow! 

I almost spent a semester in Cape Town, but it was too expensive.  It looks like a really magical place, though, with the mountain behind the city, and the beautiful (albeit freezing) surf spots along the cape.  I had heard that crime in SA cities is off the charts, though.  That sucks.



So you do you or your parents have a sweet South African accent? :tongue2:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: fee]
    #11859346 -

.:.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 11:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: Lion]
    #11859355 -

You can actually see my house in this picture:

http://www.capespiritwallpapers.com/South%20Africa%20Western%20Cape.jpg

The picture is huge as hell though, so I just posted a link. :tongue2:

It gets really hot over there.  Sure the sports aren't always freezing.

My parents still have the accent, but mind is gone now.  Moved here 13 years ago. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone considering volunteering in Haiti? [Re: BothHands]
    #11859359 -

is your house the white one?


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shroomerites - Help me figure out how to get to haiti!!! nismo2491 220 2 05/20/10 07:55 PM
by nismo2491
* Haiti Vs Monsanto
( 1 2 3 all )
Olympus Mons 3,846 55 07/14/10 06:45 AM
by Olympus Mons
* 8.8 Quake Hits Chile, 500x > Haiti
( 1 2 all )
Adden 3,473 27 03/12/10 10:27 AM
by Todcasil
* WikiLeaks Haiti: The Earthquake Cables (and others)
( 1 2 all )
DeadHearts 1,495 29 06/25/11 12:26 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* whats your opinion on the haiti disaster?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
jim617 6,616 113 01/16/10 11:51 PM
by myceleus_rex
* Pat Robertson suggested the Haiti's earthquake was divine retribution.
( 1 2 3 all )
vinsue 4,667 49 01/15/10 12:14 PM
by trekie
* How I think the Shroomery and the Mushroom Community Can help Haiti!. ukshroomer 252 2 03/30/10 09:42 PM
by laserpig
* redneck accents
( 1 2 3 all )
Vvellum 6,870 49 11/16/08 03:23 AM
by moonrockmushy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,810 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 71 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.