Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Xlea321]
    #1186722 - 01/03/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

oh man... there was this kid in a psychiatric ward, he did lots of acid, and I told him he looked a little orange, so he started thinking he was an orange, and started peeling all his skin off! Dood, I sweer to g0d !t happeened! I feeeel so bad now... I did eggtasy once, and now I can feel the kraters on mi brayn... Dey hurt lots.

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: lsd health problems [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1186726 - 01/03/03 05:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Someone close to me had a violent flashback tonight

Its funny that you attribute his "flashback" to LSD despite the fact that he has an anxiety problem and was smoking a LOT of hash.

He had a panic attack from smoking a lot of hash, he didn't have a "flashback." Blaming LSD for his THC-induced panic attack does nothing but further propaganda and make you look uneducated.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Organic]
    #1186832 - 01/03/03 06:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

it's funny how some of you are complete ignorant fucks

I'm not saying from what I observed, that he was having a flashback. He was freaking out and told me HIMSELF he was having one. He isn't lying to me. I can tell you that much. When he's explaining details of whats going on and shit. And tells me specifically that he is having a flashback, than he is having one. He knows what he's talking about...because he's told me before that he gets them(and yes, he specifically knows its from his heavy acid use in his younger years). And they scare the shit out of him. Don't talk down to me like i'm a little kid or something. He was having a flashback, plain and simple

Which in turn also caused him to have a panic attack making it worse

Some of you are so proud of your drug use...you are SO fucking quick to jump all over someone that has, even one bad thing to say about it.

Flashbacks CAN and DO occur. Not for everyone. But for some, it can happen

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Edited by juicemonkey (01/03/03 06:13 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1187142 - 01/03/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man, I wasn't jumping on you or anything you said :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: lsd health problems [Re: trendal]
    #1187283 - 01/03/03 08:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

sorry man no offence to you...I was replying to paranormal

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
    #1187333 - 01/03/03 08:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Juicemonkey,
Your friend problely used to get very bad anxiety attacks while on large amounts of acid so he may contribute anxiety attacks to acid flashbacks. Just a thought but it makes perfect sense. And when you attack people the way you did in that post they tend to believe you less. Hash can give some people worse anxiety attacks then acid. Some may think it must be a flashback since they are so messed up(high) and so scared and emotional.

Anonymous

#1187442 - 01/03/03 09:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thats all nice and good, but the fact is that his "flashback" was caused by a panic attack from the hash. If he calls all of his panic attacks "flashbacks" then he is just a moron.

How does he know all of this is caused by his LSD use if he has had anxiety problems in the past?

Sounds to me like he wants a scapegoat for his anxiety problems and a good story to tell when passing the bong.

Edited by Paranormal (01/03/03 09:34 AM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1187582 - 01/03/03 10:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

are you fucking handicapped or something?

It's not a flashback because YOU say so?

If I know my shit better than you(which I obviously do)...I'm sure as hell a smart guy in his 40s would too. Fuck kid, don't talk down to me like i'm some little chump

He knows the difference between a flashback and an anxiety attack. I know the difference too.

Sounds like your one of these UNINTELLIGENT fuckers who trys to justify every drug as being nothing but good

the fact is...your wrong, and you make yourself look like even more of an idiot. Your one of those SAD drug users that don't like to admit there ARE some bad things to do with drugs

Plain and simple, whether you agree or not...he had a flashback. Nothing you say can change that fact. Because I know what I'm talking about(i'm glad one of us does)

It CAN happen. either way, I love lsd and don't care. Some people don't get them...some of them do. I hope I don't. But either way, I don't really care

--------------------

Edited by juicemonkey (01/03/03 10:30 AM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Dr. Slavic]
    #1187596 - 01/03/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am not out to make people believe me.

I know what I'm talking about...and I don't need peoples 'belief' in what I'm saying. Plain and simple, me and my 'friend' both know the facts. And we both know the difference between an anxiety attack and flashback.

Believe or not...I don't really care. It's not my mission to make you 'believe' me. I'm telling you the facts. Whether you believe it or not, is your choice.

But when you get people attacking me by saying basically, "no your wrong. you don't know what your talking about. He did NOT have a flashback. It was an anxiety atacck". For the people that are basically saying this shit, were you there? Like fuck, I don't come on here to waste my time with lies. 100% gauranteed, I'm NOT wrong.

Beleive it or not, I don't care. But when you start making it personal telling me "I'm wrong" and attacking me...well, I'll attack back

--------------------

Anonymous

#1187600 - 01/03/03 10:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

LOL.

That is all.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1187608 - 01/03/03 10:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

proves how unintelligent you really are

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1187710 - 01/03/03 11:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think that people who say that 'flashbacks do occur, they really do.' should do some fucking research!
Firstly what exactly are they characterising as a flashback? The original notion of the flashback was an experience weeks or monthes after the original injestion where the psychedelic symptoms reappeared for a few seconds without use of the substance.
On Erowid there are some great articles that demonstrate how quickly these substances LSD and Psilocybin related alkaloids are processed and exited from your body within a very quick time frame. Therefore a flashback as described above would have to be a purely psychological and not chemical reaction.
Therefore these flashbacks as described are simply your mind remembering an experience from the trip itself, and this experience sparks memories in the brain of how it felt when tripping. The severity of the impact of this memory varies with the severity of the original subjective experience.
Most of us who have used LSD and Mushrooms for a lengthy period of time do have some mild visual changes that are barely noticable - i didnt noticed until someone asked me 'hey, can you stare at that light and make it wobble?' And i found that i could. From lsd i often get this pin prick of light flashing at the edge of my vision for a split second once every few monthes or so, but that's it.
Certainly not flashbacks as are being desribed here as there is no psychological change, just a visual anomoly.
Lastly, HPPD has been studied extensively by psychologists and is a real phenonema but it is characterised as a severe alteration in the visual and psychological profile of the individual causing their inability to parcipate in society. It is overdiagnosed bigtime. It has occured to people without a prior history of mental illness or psychosis.
Lastly, people who suffer panic attacks, depression, psychosis etc should NOT take these substances - everytime ive met someone or have spoken to or have read about someone who has experienced 'flashbacks' or other ill effects of the substances they are nearly always people who were already fucked up in the first place. I dont understand their viewpoints: 'hey, im a fucking mental case, so why dont i try and fuck my brain up more?'

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1187758 - 01/03/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"mental case"??

You know, because someone has something wrong with them, there is no need to insult them. It can't be helped.

And I agree, people who have these problems, shouldn't be taking lsd and such

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: lsd health problems [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1187760 - 01/03/03 11:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent post, that just about sums it up.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1187817 - 01/03/03 12:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

however, when someone does not have a psychological problem, when using these drugs....and then many years later starts getting flashbacks...which in turn, freak them out(possible weak minded?), causing an anxiety problem...what do you say then?

I thought it was understood that 'flashbacks' are all in the brain. Of course it's not a chemical reaction of some sort

I get mild hallucinations and such after using mush or lsd for awhile...but I don't consider it 'hppd'. I just feel I perceive things better.

--------------------

OfflineCarbonatedCaps
Eater of allthings Shroomy
Loc: Mj's inn
    #1188715 - 01/03/03 06:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hss, rarr. of course there are positives and negatives to evry drug. every drug. every drug. wait.... yes, every drug. these problems are made worse by poor preperation or ignorence. i do shrooms alot, because the positive outweighs the negative, but quit smoking pot because i got sick of it and the way it made me feel, paranoid and antisocial.

would you call the next day smoke trip after using shrooms a flashback? i fryed so hard once the day after and i thought i was blind. i actually couldnt see and i thought i was dieing. still had rational thoughts, i knew that no one dies from shrooms (or acid either unless theyre retarted), but i still thought i would be the first. things like this can be really frightening so have some sympathy to those that have recurrent problems.

--------------------
Euphoric brain liquid melt shifted felt good
Either you shouldn't or you should but you did
This is a message for grown folks and kids
Who choose to chase the rabbit down these lives that we live

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: lsd health problems [Re: CarbonatedCaps]
    #1188755 - 01/03/03 07:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I experience flashbacks all the time. I'll smell something and it will remind me of a poignant emotion I felt years ago, or the weather will make me re experience how I was feeling during emotional experience X. Drugs are pretty intense things, so I'm sure an old emotion from a trip long since past could resurface with powerful results. Nobody here is claiming that LSD lurks inside your brain waiting for another chance to get you high. Flashbacks are remembering a trip, basically.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: lsd health problems [Re: CarbonatedCaps]
    #1190282 - 01/04/03 12:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I've had that happen...don't call that a flashback.  I dunno what that would be call.  It's a cool bonus though :wink:

Yeah, I'm thinking of stopping pot smoking soon too

--------------------

InvisibleHongosmeester
old sourdough
Male User Gallery
Loc: East Bay (EAST BAY GREASE...
Re: lsd health problems [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1194017 - 01/05/03 08:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

One thing I experienced occasionally for years afterwards was a moving of letters on a page while reading, nothing real pronounced, but noticeable, but haven't had that in many years.

After I stoped tripping on acid I used to see trails and blue flashes and I could make the rug move by staring at it for years afterwards . I had a terrible time in the martial arts
for a while because I couldn't tell which fist was the "real one".

--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
Re: lsd health problems [Re: trendal]
    #10353540 - 05/17/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
There is such a thing as flashbacks from mushrooms. And yes there are flashbacks that can happen after using LSD, too.

Flashbacks are NOT caused by a drug staying in your system for months or years, then coming out one day. They are a form of Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, which also results in hallucinations. It's what happens when some people go through tramatic experiences (like some trips are). Something later on reminds you of the event and all of a sudden you feel like you are reliving it. With drug use this results in a sudden trippy feeling, and sometimes minor hallucinations. They are really nothing to worry about, though. It's not like you lose controll or anything. You won't jump off a building or crash your car. At most it's usually just a few seconds of "what the fuck?" without any loss of control. 

I completely agree, with the exception of the part about PTSD.

I've had both shroom and acid flashbacks before yet I've never had a bad trip (from psychedelics). I only had a shroom flashback once and it was from being on fent for my wisdom teeth removal. When I was in withdrawal from klonopin I would wake up to acid flashbacks lasting a couple minutes every morning. Then again, I also have moderate HPPD so this might have contributed to it. Keep in mind that HPPD and flashbacks are two entirely different things, kids. I realize the above poster probably knows this)

--------------------

i am caustic

Edited by silosighbin (05/17/09 02:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag