Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD trip
    #2774904 - 06/08/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Three days ago (Sunday June 5th) I tripped on LSD for the first time. The come down was MUCH harder than with mushrooms (which I tried 5 times). On this LSD trip, it took almost 24 hours for the closed eye visuals to cease completely.

My vision is now totally normal, and I generally feel that I came down. However, I can feel a strange tingling / strain sensation in the back of my head . It's more or less constant.

I can remember I sometimes had this same feeling while on shrooms, but it was very pleasant and always disappeared completely after the trip has been over. I can't recall if I had this sensation during the acid trip, but I'VE become aware of it yesterday and today. Something tells me it shouldn't be here. :frown: 

Should I be worried about this? Anyone with a similar experience?

I have 3 more blotters, actually I intended to try a 3-hit dose in a few weeks, under very controlled and prepared conditions, but now I don't feel it would be a wise thing to do. LSD appears to be a less safe psychedelic for me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD trip [Re: alphaone]
    #2775019 - 06/08/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

lsd is actually extremely safe in terms of toxicity.......
...most people report back/neck aches after an lsd trip anyways, it seems rather common. i think that it comes just from your muscles tensing up for a real long time... cause lsd lasts alot longer than most other psychedelics do.

ive felt minor muscle sorness after lsd trips, but it always left quickly....

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD tri [Re: Infrared]
    #2775076 - 06/08/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

also can come from sitting in strange positions

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedazednconfuzed
Stranger

#2775444 - 06/08/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think i might know what your talking about.When i do shrooms it makes my eyes strained and the inside of my head.If its the same thing i have then i wouldnt take three blots at once cause when i tried dxm i had a seizure and i had strains and tensions in my head and eyes before.

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD trip [Re: Infrared]
    #2775806 - 06/08/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
lsd is actually extremely safe in terms of toxicity.......

According to what I've read on reputable sites such as Erowid and Lycaeum, pure LSD is safe in terms of toxicity to physical body. However, there are two problems:

1. LSD blotters might not always contain really pure LSD. There's a famous FAQ that says something like.. "either you got pure LSD or empty piece of paper.. because only LSD is potent enough to produce psychedelic state in such small quantity that a tiny piece of paper can hold". That sounds kinda logical at first glance, but I've always suspected it's not entirely true. And today I found an interesting article at Lycaeum that refutes this claim:

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=8796

2. Even if the LSD is really pure, due to its strong properties it's not always safe in terms of some long-lasting psychological effects that may appear in some people. Read through some of these experiences... It seems that HPPD and schizophrenia can be triggered by LSD more easily than with other psychedelics.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_LSD_Health_Problems.shtml

Quote:

...most people report back/neck aches after an lsd trip anyways, it seems rather common. i think that it comes just from your muscles tensing up for a real long time... cause lsd lasts alot longer than most other psychedelics do.

ive felt minor muscle sorness after lsd trips, but it always left quickly....

I hope you're right, and this is only temporary. I remember a friend of mine said that he had once eaten one half of a blotter, and didn't trip at all, but felt strong tension in the back of his head for several hours. I didn't have muscle soreness, just this flushing / cold-warm / feeling of tension in the back of my head and neck.

Maybe I'll take 2 hits next time. If only it weren't for this backache I wouldn't think twice, but now I'm not quite sure.

Btw. the blotters I have are this variety (at least the artwork):

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=lsd/lsd_blotter_cheshire_cat.jpg

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2776621 - 06/09/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i was reffering to actual physical toxicity...LD50 mg/kg.... not psychological breakdown, which can happen at any time with or without psychedelic drugs being involved.

and yes lsd is very hard on the psychological state of mind if the person is prone to that type of illness or by being put into stressful situations....

and if you are taking acid and not feeling anything but muscle sorness and flushing of the skin... i would check out the source of the acid, cause that sounds more like something a low dose of 5meoamt would do......

low doses of lsd should make you extremly euphoric and with a lot of breakouts of hysteria :lol: .... and lsd has the absolute best peak of all the psychedlic drugs ive done period.... pure cosmic culmination :sun: :gd_icon:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineImmortalAngel
ImmortalAngel
Loc: Australia
    #2776992 - 06/09/04 05:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Whenever i have had had LSD, the thing that annoyed me the most was the pressure in the neck, its not like a pain at all, its like a pressure from the inside, I am pretty experienced with LSD with over 50 trips, and the pressure was always there, followed the next day with the stiffness.
Im not sure it has anything to with where you were sitting or posture because ive had many experiences where i have done numerous things.
I always thought in my nievety that it was the 'poisen' getting in my body through my spinal colum, is there any thruth to that?

--------------------
He will devour the freshest crop...drop.

Offlinesplifftoter
High Class

Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD tri [Re: alphaone]
    #2778191 - 06/09/04 04:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Dude those are good blotters...check your PM box

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD trip [Re: ImmortalAngel]
    #2778425 - 06/09/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I always thought in my nievety that it was the 'poisen' getting in my body through my spinal colum, is there any thruth to that?

I think you answered your own question.

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Strain / Tension in the back of my head after an LSD trip [Re: Infrared]
    #2778545 - 06/09/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:

and if you are taking acid and not feeling anything but muscle sorness and flushing of the skin... i would check out the source of the acid, cause that sounds more like something a low dose of 5meoamt would do......

That wasn't from this acid. This acid is actually quite good :laugh: Already three people have tripped on it. Generally good results, though 2 of us have had back/neck ache. Now the feeling has subsided considerably.

What I was referring to in a previous post happened a long time ago, and some different blotter was in question. A friend of mine took something (that was supposed to be acid), and felt only tension in the neck and back of his head.

All in all, I think this feeling is common to all psychedelics. I think it has something to do with the way these drugs affect the brain.

ImmortalAngel: What time does it take in your case for the pressure to completely disappear?

Btw. Yes, I'm pretty sure the thing with 'poison' in the spinal column is a myth.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience