Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
lsd health problems
    #1184148 - 01/02/03 04:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ive read a lot about many psychedelics. with lsd, is the only thing that can happen to you us risk psychosis if you have an underlying mental disorder? i know flashbacks can happen. has anyone here had a flashback ever? but is that the only two things that can happen?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: lsd health problems [Re: sancho]
    #1184153 - 01/02/03 04:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i've tripped on lsd probably around 500 to 1000 times. lost count many years ago. i have never had a flashback nor any health problem i would associate with lsd. i have a masters degree and a respectable career making good money. hope that helps.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1184166 - 01/02/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There are really no physical dangers with LSD. Psychosis is a slight risk, but not very common. I think the rate of psychosis among LSD users is nearly the same as among non-users. Unless you have a family with a history of mental disorders you are probably safe.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

#1184340 - 01/02/03 06:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My mom said that LSD stays in your spine forever and you can start tripping again at any moment and that you'll most likely be driving and then you'll crash and die.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: lsd health problems [Re: ]
    #1184373 - 01/02/03 06:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

My mom said that LSD stays in your spine forever and you can start tripping again at any moment and that you'll most likely be driving and then you'll crash and die.

Your mom is very, very wrong.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#1184375 - 01/02/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i suppose if you masturbate and therefore get hairy palms it will be easier to hold the steering wheel when you have that flashback. or stick to cat pee instead.  :grin:

--------------------

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1184378 - 01/02/03 06:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i know flashbacks can happen. has anyone here had a flashback ever? but is that the only two things that can happen?

Flashbacks don't happen. LSD is water soluble. It's just like mushrooms, why aren't there any mushroom flashbacks even though psilocybin and psilocin are water soluble? It's a all a lie.
Quote:

I seriously hope you don't believe what your mom says.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: lsd health problems [Re: daussaulit]
    #1184420 - 01/02/03 06:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There is such a thing as flashbacks from mushrooms. And yes there are flashbacks that can happen after using LSD, too.

Flashbacks are NOT caused by a drug staying in your system for months or years, then coming out one day. They are a form of Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, which also results in hallucinations. It's what happens when some people go through tramatic experiences (like some trips are). Something later on reminds you of the event and all of a sudden you feel like you are reliving it. With drug use this results in a sudden trippy feeling, and sometimes minor hallucinations. They are really nothing to worry about, though. It's not like you lose controll or anything. You won't jump off a building or crash your car. At most it's usually just a few seconds of "what the fuck?" without any loss of control.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1184729 - 01/02/03 08:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There is a very real danger that you will think you are a glass of orange juice and be terrified of someone pushing you over in case you "spill" and die.

This is not an urban myth as it happened to a man in a local asylum who died recently. I was the person who pushed him over.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Re: lsd health problems [Re: Xlea321]
    #1184738 - 01/02/03 08:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i thought there was a shroomery rule about no pushers here...

--------------------

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
Re: lsd health problems [Re: trendal]
    #1184849 - 01/02/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ive had a flash back before after I took 6hits of good acid...about 4days later from the trip I was lying in my bed asleep then all of a sudden I woke up and my ears popped and everything flashed white and I saw swirls for a second, it did this over the period of probably a minute it scared me because I had no idea what was going on but then I realized it was a flashback..

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: lsd health problems [Re: AcursedRedDragon]
    #1184895 - 01/02/03 09:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

LDS dont cause mental problem... If a person is on the verge of mental problems it may trigger them but it is not the source of the problem...

Ive done acid LOTS and I now do shrooms LOTS and still I live a normal life with no health problems or flashbacks.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: lsd health problems [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1184961 - 01/02/03 10:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i don't care what the books or internet sais about flashbacks! i believe only my own eyes. and YES you can have flashbacks from LSD. i am an LSD user for many many years! (for 3 years i was trippin 2 times every week!for 3 years!).And all my trips were very intense cuz i was always eatting many blotters! anyway, i have experienced flashbacks 2 times! both times were only for not more than 40-50 seconds each! it was like having a level 1(maybe less!) trip for a few seconds! i think that even if i was driving it wouldn't be a problem for me

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1185356 - 01/02/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

One thing I experienced occasionally for years afterwards was a moving of letters on a page while reading, nothing real pronounced, but noticeable, but haven't had that in many years.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: lsd health problems [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1185361 - 01/02/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

One thing I experienced occasionally for years afterwards was a moving of letters on a page while reading, nothing real pronounced, but noticeable, but haven't had that in many years.

That is called HPPD, look it up on Erowid.org

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1186079 - 01/02/03 08:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have never had a flashback...but I haven't used lsd that much either(only a couple times)

I have constant hallucinations(very small)...when i'm just relaxing or something. When I'm laying in bed, I can see patterns in the dark, shawdows playing tricks on me. It is rather very cool. I don't expect it to go away. BUt that doesn't bother me

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: lsd health problems [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1186091 - 01/02/03 09:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think u get those slight what u might call falshbacks, because lsd and mushrooms force different pathways in your brain to be used. like a good muscle when excersized it allows signals to still creep on those pathways at certian times. thus in my opinion giving flashbacks. and perhaps for the intense flashbacks post tramatic stress disorder. some people beleive that these openings of the mind allow us to see what really is there. after all everthing is a vibration of one sort or another. anyway just a thought.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: lsd health problems [Re: the man]
    #1186097 - 01/02/03 09:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I think of it that way.  I enjoy it.

Someone close to me had a violent flashback tonight :frown:

He's quite a bit older(like in his 40s)...and we were hotkniving some really good hash.  He got carried away...like he misses his younger days...and starting hotkniving a lot of hash.  He also had had a bunch of beer beforehand.

We came into my house, and he wanted to try listening to shpongle for once(cause I told him about it).  Well, the music sent him over the edge.  He has an anxiety problem.  And he started to have a hardcore flashback...and it started to scare him. Which in turn...started giving him an anxiety attack.  He went and laid down.  And he was like, screaming out...like he was dreaming or something(though he wasn't sleeping or anything).  Told me everything was very trippy.  He was somewhere else.

I feel sorry for him.  But that happens when your in your late 40s, and try to 're-live those younger days', by smoking a LOT of very very strong hash(accompianied with a fair amount of alcohol).  Gave him an acid flashback

So they can happen

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: lsd health problems [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1186681 - 01/03/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That wasn't necessarily a flashback, it could have just been a panic attack from too much hash. THC is a hallucinogen of it's own at high enough doses.

--------------------

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: lsd health problems [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1186686 - 01/03/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

i get that too, all the time, heh

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies