Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Waking up A.blazei spores
    #11554671 -

In late October, I put some A.blazei spores on MYPA agar. They did not germinate, so I scoured this board for some ideas on what to do and a few people suggested putting other growing culture on the same plate. So, I went to the store and got some nice looking button mushrooms (A. bisporus) and put some of their inner cap tissue on the same plate.

For a while, it looked like A. bisporus pieces died (they turned brown/black), but after a few weeks, they started putting out some nice cottony mycelium. This was a nice surprise.

But I was in for an even bigger surprise. A few weeks ago, another area of the plate started growing - a place where the A. bisporus didn't touch. Could it be A.blazei spores waking up?




I isolated a section of this new growth and put it on a new plate. Here it is, as of today:



Any thoughts/comments on this? Is it likely to be A.blazei? Or is it something else (a ninja piece of A. bisporus that jumped around the plate? a contaminant? something else?)


--------------------
I am looking for the following edible cultures:
  • Chicken of the woods (Laetiporus sulphureus)
  • Wood blewit (Lepista nuda)
  • Cauliflower (Sparassis crispa)

My trade list of available cultures is in my Journal.

Edited by gribi (11/30/09 12:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: gribi]
    #11554703 -

Looks like success to me. Great job!! I am currently trying to revive my a. blazei culture.


--------------------
Follow the light
The Light is your guide.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: fungus_tao]
    #11558373 -

great success.
houdinihar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: gribi]
    #11560644 -

Congratulations, that's how you do it.

Carsten

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: Mycelio]
    #11560878 -

I have some Leucoagaricus americanus and Agaricus campestris spores that I've been trying to germinate with no success.  I'll have to give this a try!


--------------------
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: Paresthesia]
    #11564034 -

Good for you Gribi!

Paresthesia said:
I have some Leucoagaricus americanus and Agaricus campestris spores that I've been trying to germinate with no success.  I'll have to give this a try!



I believe you can try your Chlorophyllum rhacodes for the leucoagaricus americanus.  That would be the most similar.

Jef


--------------------
I am my own lab rat.


Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember.  Involve me and I will learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: Jef]
    #11564086 -

gribi, did you swipe the spores on that part of the plate?
Did you put the A. Bisporus tissue on a section that was swiped by your A Blezei spores?

The tissued section seems to be overlapping the new growth a little and the new growth is a bit thinner leading me to think it's growth from spores....could be wrong though.
I will watch.

There's only 1 way to find out.... :mushroomgrow:  :mushroomgrow:  :mushroomgrow:


--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have


Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11564254 -

RonPaulVerm said:
gribi, did you swipe the spores on that part of the plate?




I used a spore syringe (i.e. spores in sterile water) - putting a few droplets on the plate.

Quote:
Did you put the A. Bisporus tissue on a section that was swiped by your A Blezei spores?




I can't say for sure, because by the time I put A. Bisporus tissue on the plate, the droplets have dried out. I believe it was not in the same spots though (that would make for some pretty odd coincidence).

Quote:
The tissued section seems to be overlapping the new growth a little and the new growth is a bit thinner leading me to think it's growth from spores....could be wrong though.
I will watch.




It looks that way to me too. New growth seems to stop at the border of the existing mycelial mat of A. bisporus.

Quote:
There's only 1 way to find out.... :mushroomgrow:  :mushroomgrow:  :mushroomgrow:



Exactly. It will be a while, but I'll update this post with my progress. Also, I should be able to detect the presence (or absence) of the almond smell on spawn.


--------------------
I am looking for the following edible cultures:
  • Chicken of the woods (Laetiporus sulphureus)
  • Wood blewit (Lepista nuda)
  • Cauliflower (Sparassis crispa)

My trade list of available cultures is in my Journal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: gribi]
    #11597401 -

Quick update: it grew out nicely, so it's time to put it on grain and see what it really is.



--------------------
I am looking for the following edible cultures:
  • Chicken of the woods (Laetiporus sulphureus)
  • Wood blewit (Lepista nuda)
  • Cauliflower (Sparassis crispa)

My trade list of available cultures is in my Journal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up A.blazei spores [Re: gribi]
    #11599802 -

That's some fine looking growth !

Good growing,

Jef


--------------------
I am my own lab rat.


Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember.  Involve me and I will learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* blazei Suntzu 2,053 1 05/11/01 10:25 PM
by Azure
* A. blazei mycelium question Mr. Fryd 2,649 7 06/25/01 05:06 PM
by Azure
* Please help with Agaricus blazei info. Anonymous 1,713 3 04/09/02 11:16 PM
by DinoMyc
* New Agaricus Blazei Grow
( 1 2 3 all )
houdinihar 19,980 54 08/05/10 06:37 PM
by curenado
* A. blazei mycelium question? Cloneufc 1,720 15 06/27/10 12:35 PM
by curenado
* Agaricus blazei murrill baycafe 924 2 10/08/07 10:25 AM
by Jeremy_Davis
* m.mushroom spores ionathan 1,073 2 02/12/04 02:34 AM
by Anno
* Agaricus Blazei Grow
( 1 2 all )
houdinihar 8,168 21 11/27/09 11:49 AM
by Workman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
1,348 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.