Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebizkit908
Stranger
Hiding Technique
    #1140323 - 12/14/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone. I am new to mushroom growing. I recently order a syringe of Equador an a syringe of Thaland Koh Samuis. I have decided to grow them in my closet but I have a problem. I know it is kind of risky to grow shrooms in your parents house if they dot't agree with you doing it. I have made the choice to go through with the growing process and I need help on ways to conceal m grow box. I am going to us a rubbermaid container using perlite humidifcation. I ned anyones advice that has been in the same situation. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMdubya
pussy control

Loc: im at a gay rave.
Re: Hiding Technique [Re: bizkit908]
    #1140402 - 12/14/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i would read the first 30 pages of post first....

many are in your situation..

OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
    #1141590 - 12/14/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery...do searches before you post cause there's an good chance someone already had run into your problems. Click Here. I wouldn't recommend growing in your parent's house if they aren't cool with it. Just tell them its a project for school and you need to grow mushrooms for extra credit or something. They probably wouldn't think the were psyilocybes.

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Hiding Technique [Re: TriptopinkFloyd]
    #1141781 - 12/14/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You really dont need to post that much info,... :wink: sometimes (all times) when you post try to be a little discreet about yourself.. just tryin to help u out. :grin:
Anyhow.. use the search feature on this page at the top. You can find everything u need to know and some u didnt right there :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #1141835 - 12/14/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well,
I could give you a suggestion.
You only need about an hour of light a day, maybe 5 or 6 to initiate pinning, I'm assuming a light in the closet is a dead giveaway, so maybe just put a grolux bulb on for an hour a day in the daytime as not to draw any unwanted attention.
Good Luck :smirk: 

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Hiding Technique [Re: TeKn0]
    #1142049 - 12/15/02 12:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I had this problem back when i was living with my parents. I decided I was going to try to keep it a secret, but my mother intercepted the syringes I ordered from PF. I told her I was growing mushrooms and that this was a very interesting hobby to me. She completely respected my hobby and even enjoyed looking at my shrooms (located in plain sight) from time to time. If your honest and up front, then you wont have to hide them and you wont get in trouble for having them.

If your parents are not as flexable in this way, I would suggest invitro growth. Grow the mushrooms in jars so there is no fruiting chamber. Or, rig up some elaborate secret "grow chamber" (dr. evil's voice) to hide your shrooms in.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1142074 - 12/15/02 12:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

so bizkit, what secret underground "grow-chamber" (moooaahahaha ha ha) did you come up with? an empty suitcase on top of the wardrobe? or under the floorboards with uncle mysterious...?

(sorry, am a little high)

--------------------
buh

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: Hiding Technique [Re: shirley knott]
    #1142265 - 12/15/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you can do hippies neglect tek or go with growing outside, i think it would be kind of awkward to explain to your parents when they find your "hidden" setup what you were doing. and when parents become noisy they tend to find things. not a good decision your making here. my .02 cents though good luck!

Offlineaphexkarma
tweaker
Chino's MycoBag Tek... [Re: bizkit908]
    #1142518 - 12/15/02 06:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

MycoBag from Sporeworks.com, fully colonized, then cut in 1/2 & birthed in a cereal bowl, with a moist paper towel on the bottom (to keep it well hydrated).  cover with a BIG baggie, big enough to let mushies grow...keep them in a cardboard box with a heating pad, wrapped in a towel.  then wrap the whole cardboard box in a blanket, just to keep the warmth consistant in the box.  just open the box & keep it in an open window's light for a while, or use a ceiling light & mist about 2-3x-daily (the heating pad takes the moisture out quick, so u need to mist more...use a temp gauge & shit if u wanna, but i've had great newbie success (still a newb) by just colonizing w/heating pad @75%, then fruiting with the heating pad @50%...i think this is the absolute easiest way to use a mycobag.  & it can be TOTALLY hidden, if you do ur shit right... :grin:

Offlinemotatraehrehtom
Brick

Re: Chino's MycoBag Tek... [Re: aphexkarma]
    #1142746 - 12/15/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hrm, I'm pretty stoned, but I'll give a few ideas anyway. I've heard of people growing shrooms in hollowed out TVs and computers, seemed like a good idea. I think the best way to hide a grow chamber is to find a box or something in your house that is already there, empty it out, and grow in there. I'm sure most people have boxes in their closets, atics, or basements, that they can empty out and hide a grow chamber in. This is the way I'd go, but again I'm pretty stoned at the moment..

--------------------
Did they get you to trade, your heroes for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in the cage?

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: Chino's MycoBag Tek... [Re: motatraehrehtom]
    #1143074 - 12/15/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

like i do. build a nice box and then build a toy race car track on top or a train set. have everything inside of it, with a hinged lid. make sure the track is mounted so that it wont slid off when you open your box. just use that imagination of yours a bit and you'll get it. :grin: 

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Chino's MycoBag Tek... [Re: fungusflip]
    #1143238 - 12/15/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nah just build everything out of sterilite 31 liter containers. Have a sterilite inside a sterilite for a incubator and just fruit in ruvbbermaids at room temp. You could also just buy a dresser and take the fronts off the drawers. Naiil them to a board and hinge it up so it just looks like a dresser. Then you have the inside to grow in.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Chino's MycoBag Tek... [Re: resin]
    #1143246 - 12/15/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Cow Shit Collector: Did she know they were the kind of mushrooms that made you trip?

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1144061 - 12/15/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Neglect tek all the way......

Don't underestimate your folks or how much they will fuck you over if they find them....

better safe than dead or in prison I always say.....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag