Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
Neglected substrate has started growing, what now?
    #1033414 - 11/07/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok, basically what happened is I was pissing around with a print I had until my syringe from some nice chap arrived.  I wanted to run through the technique so I used an eye dropper to innoculate a wine glass!  Then I stuck the wine glass in a warm dark cupboard and went out to collect liberty caps.  I then broke my fucking leg in four places, and have spent the last month in hospital :frown:

I just got home tonight, and have found that small shrooms have started growing inside the glass!!  So what shall I do now?  Leave this grass in the same conditiions, or tap out the substrate and put it in a terrarium?  This is my first grow and Im shocked it worked as I was only running through the technique as a practice run!!

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEatAbortstoo
Re: Neglected substrate has started growing, what now? [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1033742 - 11/07/02 08:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

All you did was make a hippie tech in a wine glass just take the cake out harvest the shrooms thats on it, drill a hole in the middle of the cake and put a drinking straw in the hole, fill the straw with water and let it soak, then do it again like 3 times cause im sure all that time gone by your cake is dry, that will get it wet again,
then put it back in the wine glass and in a few days you should get some more, peice

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Neglected substrate has started growing, what now? [Re: EatAbortstoo]
    #1033823 - 11/07/02 08:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

wtf why make a hole in the cake? all I did was dunk the cake, intact in a container for a little over 12 hours

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

#1035042 - 11/08/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've read about the Hippie tech before, but couldn't find the link for it last night.  What I'm mostly wondering now is:

(1) How do I harvest the shrooms down the side of the glass in the best way?  a pair of tweezers might do it, but I don't want to mess the substrate up.

(2) I should just keep it in the wine glass then?  Could I not move the substrate to a terrarium to maximise further flushes? 

Amazingly there is still some moisture inside the glass, but I'll dunk it anyway!  I have another two glasses which seem to be fully colonized with mycellium, but building a terrarium in my crutch-bound state will be a bitch.  I think I'm gonna use the poor mans setup (i.e. a 2 litre coke bottle sliced and filled with perlite in the bottom).

I can't believe I've actually came home to some shrooms though, I'm totally ecstatic that this worked out!  As I say, I was inocculating the substrate with an eye dropper, and once with a bit of drinking straw attached to a syringe as I couldn't get any pins from the pharmacies :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
--

Offlinesluglee
i am dino.

Loc: Jurassic Park
Re: Neglected substrate has started growing, what now? [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1035201 - 11/08/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

there is a link to hippie neglect tek on this page :
http://www.fanaticus.com
congratulations for your babies

--------------------
Slug Lee
still shroomin' ...

OfflineEatAbortstoo
Re: Neglected substrate has started growing, what now? [Re: LSAuser]
    #1036472 - 11/08/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Actually putting the hole in the cake through the top in the middle and puting in a straw tech for putting water back in the cake (not realy a tech just an ad-on) is on PF's website, and he likes it sooooooooooo

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

#1036574 - 11/08/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok thanks guys, I harvested the shrooms today, and am now dunking the cake.  I'm thinking about moving this to a terrarium tomorrow which will hopefully give me greater yields for the next flushes.  I should say that I left this cake sitting out on my kitchen shelf for the last month as I thought it was contaminated! :laugh:

Anyway, I also have two long glasses which I left in the cupboard and which appear to be fully colonized with mycellium.  My mobility is severely restricted at the moment, so I'm making the "Poor Man's Terrarium" for them with some 2 litre lemonade bottles.  How snug do the two segments have to fit together though?  I can't get them to be air-tight, so I'm worried about losing the humidity through the gaps.  I'll be using perlite to create the humidity by the way.

Thanks to all for their help so far!

--------------------
--

InvisibleBundle_of_sticks
Elven Hound
Loc: Nashville
Re: Neglected substrate has started growing, what [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1037296 - 11/08/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats on this welcome-home surprise! Hope the leg gets better!

bundle of sticks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds