Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 |
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: lsdank268]
    #11350851 -

lsdank268 said:
Sorry, but another thing the Phils have going for them is A-rod. I mean, how does a man go fucking 14/32, with 5 homeruns, 12 RbIs, and then just SHUTS DOWN in the biggest series of the season. I mean..

0/8, no rbis, 0%obp in a time when your team needs you to keep your stats going. I hope he doesn't get a hit the rest of the series, THAT will put him in the fucking record books. After all the talk about how he fails in the post season, and then he tries shutting up his critics by doing amazing in the ds and cs and everyone jumping on his cock saying hes amazing...and then he completely fails in the World Series.  :facepalm:





Oh for fuck sake, it's two games.  How's that Ryan Howard thing working out?  I don't think there is any doubt that the Yanks wouldn't even be here without that supernatural performance from A-rod.  By your absurd rationale he should have hit .465 all year.  If he did it for two weeks he must be able to do it everyday. 

He tries shutting up his critics?  What kind of dumb shit is that?  He tries to get hits and win games.  Do you believe that he thinks about nattering nitwits when he's at the plate and somehow gains extra skills because some people said poopie things about him?

They mostly stayed away until now but I'm beginning to think that the Phillie fan contingent might just be as stupid as the Rockies/Broncos gang.  It's a tough mountain to climb, I know, but, with posts like this one and some of the others, I'll be damned if they aren't making a serious push for the summit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11350905 -

Nuzzle said:
Because a teams history was great (Yankees) or horrible (Phillies) Has zero bearing on the current team. Babe Ruth is not playing anymore, so who cares what the Yankees have done in the past.



Yep.
Quote:
The teams that we have today are what matters, and the Philly team is a beast. They have multiple players who can hit home runs, great pitchers and amazing fielders... The Yankees have a few "star" players who are cocky and arrogant.



False.  The Phillies do not have great pitching.  They have one great pitcher on a very hot streak.  The Yanks have 3.  11 games pitched and only one poor start.  And that game got tied up anyway.  The Phillies have multiple players who hit home runs?  The Yanks don't?  Word to your mom, with the exception of Melky Cabrera, THEY ALL DO.
Quote:
Just remind me again where the Yankees were last year?? Remind me again who the reigning champions are??



See your first paragraph.  Fuck, what do they put in the Philadelphia water that makes people forget what they wrote two short paragraphs back?  Dank nugs?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11350953 -

zappaisgod said:
lsdank268 said:
Sorry, but another thing the Phils have going for them is A-rod. I mean, how does a man go fucking 14/32, with 5 homeruns, 12 RbIs, and then just SHUTS DOWN in the biggest series of the season. I mean..

0/8, no rbis, 0%obp in a time when your team needs you to keep your stats going. I hope he doesn't get a hit the rest of the series, THAT will put him in the fucking record books. After all the talk about how he fails in the post season, and then he tries shutting up his critics by doing amazing in the ds and cs and everyone jumping on his cock saying hes amazing...and then he completely fails in the World Series.  :facepalm:





Oh for fuck sake, it's two games.  How's that Ryan Howard thing working out?  I don't think there is any doubt that the Yanks wouldn't even be here without that supernatural performance from A-rod.  By your absurd rationale he should have hit .465 all year.  If he did it for two weeks he must be able to do it everyday. 

He tries shutting up his critics?  What kind of dumb shit is that?  He tries to get hits and win games.  Do you believe that he thinks about nattering nitwits when he's at the plate and somehow gains extra skills because some people said poopie things about him?

They mostly stayed away until now but I'm beginning to think that the Phillie fan contingent might just be as stupid as the Rockies/Broncos gang.  It's a tough mountain to climb, I know, but, with posts like this one and some of the others, I'll be damned if they aren't making a serious push for the summit.



:crankey:

I'm just saying that everyone was about him not pulling through in October, and he went and shut up all the critics.(Yes, I do believe people bashing a player makes a difference, expecially when they say he can not do somethign during the most important part of the year. When someone says I can not do something, I strive harder to pull it off to prove I can. Maybe A-rod is different, but I believe its a human nature thing.)

Then, everyone jumped on the bandwagon about A-rod being the best player in the playoffs by far. Granted, he WOULD be if he was able to keep up his stats, and I'm not saying he should be able to bat anywhere CLOSE to .465 a year, but if when a player shuts down during the world series after coming close to breaking a record(along with Howard, which was weird, each had a RBI in a game for 8 straight games, tying Lou..and then they both meet in the World Series, thought that's pretty cool), its crying shame.

Also, Ryan Howard isn't doing great, but he does at least have SOMETHING..I'm not saying that A-rod wont show up in the World Series, but I am saying The game could have went a lot differently last night if he was doing something.

As for Philly sports fans being stupid, thats a long shot. We are probably one of the most sports educated cities in America. Come find out by wearing your teams jersey. I'm not talking about being harassed either, I think Philly takes it to far(although pretty funny sometimes) I'm talking about going somewhere and talking to another REAL fan about ANY sport, and I garuentee you will change your mind about us being as stupid as Colorado sports fans. I'll will talk about any sport, and prove to you I'm not as dumb as you think by you "illogical" post. Also, you never mentioned anything about ANY of my other posts, showing you that I know what I'm talking about.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11350994 -

zappaisgod said:
Nuzzle said:
Just remind me again where the Yankees were last year?? Remind me again who the reigning champions are??



See your first paragraph.  Fuck, what do they put in the Philadelphia water that makes people forget what they wrote two short paragraphs back?  Dank nugs?



I don't know if he is actually from Philly, maybe the outskirts? Not everyone in Philly is dumb(although, we are a pretty dumb ugly city(not the actual city...the people..it was even in a magazine about the best/worst looking cities..we were last :facepalm:..but we do have some lookers))

And the Delaware River is GRIMY, and thats our water...but hey, can't have an Amoroso's roll without it. And I'm not sure about the Dank Nugs, I have no connections, but if Nuzzle does, he is a lucky lucky man.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: lsdank268]
    #11351222 -

Well, at least you have a sense of humor.

Look, I don't believe that there is any additional motivation that would produce a constructive result in the "I'll show 'em" attitude.  It can just as easily wreck a performance. 

Baseball is a streaky game.  Teams streak and players streak.  Hell, even coin tosses "streak".  A-Rod was very familiar with the pitchers in the AL series'.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  Maybe the second time around will be different.  Maybe Teixiera will make any contribution from A-Rod moot.  Or Damon or Matsui or Cano or Posada or Jeter or the pitching staff.

A-Rod has put those demons away, I think.  But I don't think he is resting in a slough of complacency.  Baseball is just like that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11351454 -

zappaisgod said:
They have one great pitcher on a very hot streak.  The Yanks have 3. 



LOL


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: robbyberto]
    #11351572 -

Look it up.  11 starts and only one stinker.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11351604 -

zappaisgod said:
  Fuck, what do they put in the Philadelphia water that makes people forget what they wrote two short paragraphs back?  Dank nugs?




Cream Cheese.


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11352033 -

GTFO said:
zappaisgod said:
  Fuck, what do they put in the Philadelphia water that makes people forget what they wrote two short paragraphs back?  Dank nugs?




Cream Cheese.



You do know Philadelphia cream cheese is not from Philly? It's from New York, but they decided Philly had a reputation of great food, so they named it Philadelphia Cream Cheese


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: lsdank268]
    #11352115 -

Yea I always figured something was up, Im from Philly and I never liked Cream Cheese


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: calm]
    #11352136 -

I will take great pleasure in watching ole Pettite shut down the Phillies on their home turf tomorrow night. GO YANKS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :awebig:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #11352260 -

Yanks are gonna win it in 6.
/End


--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me




What is life? I'm tired of life...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: Anthony917]
    #11352859 -

CC will be much sharper on short rest in game 4 and he LOVES hitting. He's gonna be jazzed.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11352876 -

Yeah, short rest and pitchers with 260 innings already is a great idea. A recipe for success.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: robbyberto]
    #11353215 -

CC is better on short rest than regular rest.

It's just a fact.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11353404 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
CC will be much sharper on short rest in game 4 and he LOVES hitting. He's gonna be jazzed.



He loves hitting so much he went to the AL!


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11353485 -

The AL gave him enough money to make him satisfied with interleague and the World Series.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11354044 -

Thanks, man.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11359062 -

these announcers get worse every fucking game


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official MLB Playoff Discussion Thread [Re: Taco Chef]
    #11359198 -

joe buck is a douche
the only reason he has a job is because people weren't ready give up listening to jack buck


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 |

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MLB questions Basilides 998 2 07/08/06 11:52 PM
by Basilides
* MLB Postseason Predictions at this point? OneMoreRobot3021 984 6 06/14/06 10:31 PM
by Madtowntripper
* MLB Playoff Predictions
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 6,962 54 07/12/07 06:29 PM
by Deadmaker
* Baseball playoffs.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Deadmaker 14,790 242 10/28/06 06:19 PM
by pfosterbilly
* MLB standings Banez 1,289 8 08/09/06 11:17 AM
by zappaisgod
* MLB Trading Deadline Madtowntripper 1,879 14 07/27/06 02:27 PM
by zappaisgod
* Dodgers open all-you-can-eat section. Banez 1,704 14 01/13/07 10:51 PM
by Banez
* MLB Standings.. Week 1 Banez 674 4 04/10/06 08:25 PM
by Liz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
34,824 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.