Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles
    #1123965 - 12/09/02 03:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This first image is a clump of deadly Galerinas.

below I have placed a similar clump of Psilocybe cyanescens to show a little comprison.

Roadkill's Son Jake with the lone P. pelliculosa of the day. We actually lost the specimen formthe collection box before we got home.

and here we have a nest of naematoloma shrooms

and below one of many images of the hundred thousand mushroom patch surroundin some spots with little Aluria Arantia (Carrot Cup) mushrooms. These veins rand for hundreds of yards in every direction onthe tracks of the bullsozers and large construction and earth digging equiptment trucks in the clear cuts. Here are two images to give one an idea of how many shrooms there were there. We actually saw more than one million mushrooms today. They were in the tens and hundreds of thousands..

and

andd here is an image of Roadkills son Jake with a bunch of Coprinus here in a Seatttle park

and then a rabbit in Kent while Roadkill and I checked outsome muclh in the area.

and finally some Seattle Boats docked in the water from where we were picking cyanescens with Roadkill.

mj

Next year will be the third year of the cut and then the pelliculosas will appear by the millions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1124121 - 12/09/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: ]
    #1124442 - 12/09/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

They are deadly and by the millions, interspersed with galerinas, carrot cups, naematolomas, psyahryellas, a few false morels were also observed and those shrooms rran in every direction from where we were standing and extended for miles into the interior. there were, one might say over a million within our visual site.

Not enough rain but oone lone P. pelliculosa which somehow got lost fromthe box by the time we returned home. All you can see is Jakes son holding the lone shroom in his hand and I actually focused on him and the mushroom is a little blurred. but it was strange finding that sheroom. Not sure but next year that clearcut should have a lot of P. pelliculosas in it but they had already hodaded the whole clearcut with 6 in high to one foot high new christmas tres so I dounbt they will remove the logs or tcrush the branches to make the mucl necessarry for large growths. Usually those shrooms in the images are followed by P. pelliculosa so if it rains some and stays the same themperature then many will grow.

mj

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
    #1124446 - 12/09/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you guys shoudl catch teh COHO in Port angeles and head over to Victoria and meetup wiht me and Psychonaught or however the heck he spells his name..

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1124475 - 12/09/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

here is a close up of the Coprinus in a seattle park which was oroiginally pictured above with Jake.

A few more of the clearcut shrooms intersperts with A. aurantia (carrot cups) from near Port Gamble, wasshingotn

They were to the left and right and everywhich way but loose al over the place kind of shrooms, more than one million at least we saw witht henaked eye. in the above pictures if you look clear;ly yo can see the scattered clumps allthe way through the pictures.

mj

a rabbit in Kent near REI.

mj. HAve a few more to post tomorrow.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1124550 - 12/09/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nice pic's John!!!

Great pic of my kid!
Sorry the lone P. pelliculosa didn't come out better.

I think there were millions of Galerinas.

Jake and I had a wonderful time as we always do when we go hunting with you.

Next year we will hopefully find the motherload of P. pelliculosa!!!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #1124640 - 12/09/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nice work again guys!!

You found some gyromitras eh? Interesting, I didn't know they could grow in the fall, I see tons of em out morel hunting in the spring, but have never come across any this late in the year.

Cool pics!

DH

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1124849 - 12/09/02 12:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Love the pics, thanks for sharing! :grin:

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: angryshroom]
    #1125031 - 12/09/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

UNBELIEVABLE photos!!! excellent!!!! keep hunting guys:-)

Anonymous

#1125050 - 12/09/02 01:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1125127 - 12/09/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I just realized that I also had my Nikon FM with a telephoto lens on it and did not take a single picture of that giant patch. Maybe i will go again in a few days with another friend and take some Nikon images. Have half a roll of film still on there including some left from thailand/cambodia which I have not yet developed.

Have a shroomy day. The amounts if you can see in thos large photos are clumps and clusters everywhere and very darker becaie of the camera I used. The big images 1600 resoloutions are fantastic and on my frineds 50 inch sony they are humongous.

mj

And that was Jake, son of Roadkill not Jakes son as I inadvertently wrote above.

bye for now

25 years ago you could find those large amounts of chantrelles here in the seattle, Kent and Auburn regions of the sound, but due to hundreds of edible pickers they are slowly disappearing to environmental changes due to human encroachments intot heir forest areas.

mj

Anonymous

#1125398 - 12/09/02 03:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1125434 - 12/09/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ThIs Is an excellent pH0t0grahIc adventure J0hn!

Thank U f0r sharIng,

5 Shr00m RatIng f0r thIs thread

Keep shr00mIn,
GG

Offlinefastbut
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1125808 - 12/09/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wowie,

I have never in my life seen so many shrooms. Are those the magic ones?

FB

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
    #1126136 - 12/09/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

great pics... nice and thorough. pity about the clearcutting though...

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: roygbiv]
    #1126167 - 12/09/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

reminds me of the logging trails in nh around where i used to live... mushrooms of nearly infinite varieties... on wet rainy days its like a field of scent, earthy and rich... know what i mean?

OfflineSeattle_guy
Trancewhore
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: roygbiv]
    #1127557 - 12/10/02 01:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the pic with the boy is a place By my house..........damn i thought i was the only one that looked around there......... :smirk:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Pt. Angeles [Re: Seattle_guy]
    #1127958 - 12/10/02 05:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The picture of the boy is in the middle of a clear cut near Port angeles and is not in the city. The 2nd image is by the sewage treatment plant in Edmonds.

If that is near your hourse then you are lucky byut there sure were no goo d shrooms near the sewage treatment plant.
'
mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract