Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Dessicant, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoger_Barrett
But you can callme Syd!

Loc: Kitsap County WA
Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix
    #1114174 - 12/05/02 04:29 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

EDIT: PIX POSTED NOW

The more I hunt the more I learn!

Found a patch with some bigguns... about 40 in all. I can't believe that they were so close... pure luck... I think they are telepathically directing me! hahahaa.. really. I drove past this landscaped bed, and some instinct said, turn around and check it out. Boom there they were!

Look at this find, picked less than a few miles from where I live... and I thought that I wouldn't find any cyans out here! ....

There were some FATTIES in this bunch.. look at the AA battery for scale.. :

They were mostly big, but a few small ones were there too... it was a nice patch well covered by a rhododendron:

Man some of these were MEATY!! Note the upturned and curving caps:

Yesterday's harvest made it into my old dry box. I quick dry my shrooms using calcium carbonate (dry rite dessicant type stuff for drying out musty basements etc.). I used to use this for cubies aand it would dry them paper dry in a few days.. hope this is the right way to dry cyans... I plan on storing them in vacuum sealed ball jars. I was wondering if chopping them up fresh and putting them in fresh honey would work too for long term storage.... sorry for the poor pic of the dry box.. reflection from the flash:

Last but not least.. I found these yesterday.. they look like bottelas.. edible.. or matsutake perhaps??? Any ideas? They were young.. but big! Fist full apiece!:

Hope you enjoyed the show..

Peace!

--------------------
The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way that I can understand.

Mazatec Shaman Maria Sabina

Edited by Roger_Barrett (12/06/02 12:33 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix [Re: Roger_Barrett]
    #1114463 - 12/05/02 05:38 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

goood work man!!! your learning that cyans are just about everywhere this time of year. The only reason people complain they cant find any is either that they are not looking enough. Put in the time and they find you.

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix [Re: cardboard]
    #1115363 - 12/05/02 10:05 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

You really find more by walking around for three or four hours at a time then driving all over the area.

I go a hundred miles away and find none and then come home, park near a friends house and bingo, theres a patch.

mj

OfflineRoger_Barrett
But you can callme Syd!

Loc: Kitsap County WA
Re: Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1115747 - 12/06/02 12:38 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

MJ.. I hear ya there.. out here the houses are spread to far... not like Ballard or West Seattle... its much harder.. but not impossible as today's find shows.

On the plus side I do think fewer people are on the hunt out here, which makes it possible to find patches unmolested.

How 'bout a ferry ride John.. I'll show you around anytime! I'd be honored.. newbie and the sage!

:smile:

--------------------
The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way that I can understand.

Mazatec Shaman Maria Sabina

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #1116125 - 12/06/02 02:34 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

cant really tell, but looks like mesh of your screen might be to big on your desicnt box

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix [Re: OJ]
    #1116127 - 12/06/02 02:34 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

oh yes, and not to mention, congradulations  :smile:

InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1116311 - 12/06/02 04:52 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

those white mushrooms on the end look like the ones I buy at the grocery store. doubt they are the same type though.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1117185 - 12/06/02 02:41 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Nice find man, thats quite a haul!

I dont know about your last one being a bolete, its a species of Agaricus...Maybe edible, but, dont take my word for it... :wink:

Offlineviscid
dikaryon

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1118097 - 12/06/02 07:19 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

yes, hard to say what the agaricus looking guys are.
huge cyans, my brotha, huge.
give us a nice habitat description, willya?
my only cyan finds have been in very specific habitat, i.e. rhody's with hardwood mulch.
i'm having trouble finding any in other habitats, and that habitat is not producing in my town, as far as i can tell.
isearch and search along fencerows, gardens, under blackberry thickets...nothing.
i'm in the willamette valley, so i know they are out here, but finding spots is rough.
found a couple stuntzii's on thanksgiving day, my firsts.
peace.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Kitsap County cyans - YES! - w/pix [Re: viscid]
    #1118289 - 12/06/02 08:32 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Gartz and I picked over thirty pounds of P. stuntzii at the Valley River Shopping Center across fromthe Willamette River from Skinners Butte park in Eugene, Orengon in the parking lot of the Bon Marche in 1992.

Look in malls and public places in man made environments. Ott and Guzman first reported the blue ringers from two locations in Oregon in 1976. I had no idea they could have gotten that far south.

Mj.

Of course in February yo can pick Pn. subbalteatus from rotted hay in the willamette valley on 99 west between Corvalis and Monroe or junction City, Oregon to Eugene in rotted hay stacks kleft out all winter to compost.

From February to may

have a shroomy day and good luck. I planted Cyanescens mulch in rhoderdendrons back in 1978 in that large park on the way to springfield. no name location you can find it easily. I also picked p. baeocystis at Prince Pucklers Icecreme parlour on 13th street in Eugene. Have no idea if they are still there and liberty caps along the highway from Veneta/Elmyra to Florence at Noti Oregon where there are numerous pastures and npot manyfarmers to watch you.

mj

Season is getting near the end of the road.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Dessicant, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification