Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep?
    #11106287 -

I believe it's the hypnagogic dream state or something.

Anyways, pretty much every night before I go to sleep, I have the most outlandish OEVs. I am talking like vortexes into other dimensions and cartoon-esque demons crawl out of them and walk around or climb on things.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11106300 -

mine are more closed eye, and can be very realistic, practically a dream

i kept having this not last night but the night before, i would close my eyes, sort of snap out of it, and then come back, but more or less dreaming i was back at the bar talking to this gal kristen.

i then turned off the tv and then had a bit of trouble going back to sleep


--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

Remember to always courtesy flush

  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11106305 -

I wish could trip for so cheap...but every night? That might be a little much:eek:


--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: bryguy]
    #11106310 -

Sometimes I do get them right when waking up if I'm sleep deprived. Usually just auditory, but they've been visual a few times as well.


--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Edited by bryguy (09/22/09 12:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11106312 -

hmm. Mine aren't realistic at all. Like i'll be in bed looking @ the ceiling and then a geometrical vortex will appear from like another dimension and these things will crawl out and run around.

1 time i even saw jesus on the cross being gutted by some creature.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: bryguy]
    #11106336 -

bryguy said:
Sometimes I do get them right when waking up if I'm sleep deprived. Usually just auditory, but they've been visual a few times as well.



Mine are normally auditory as well, but they happen as I'm falling asleep when I'm sleep deprived, not when I'm waking up.

And yeah, OP, they're called hypnagogic hallucinations.  I made a poll on here a while ago to see how many people experienced them, because I thought I was going crazy.

Turned out like 21 out of 23 people had experienced them, and 17 of them had experienced auditory ones, so it helped me to rest easier.

EDIT
I was wrong, 27 out of 27 people experienced them, and 18 of those had auditory ones.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11106352 -

I've never had auditory, just a grip of visual. They are a lot of fun though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11106367 -

The auditory ones can be kind of startling... wisps of conversation as dreams are starting, or just a single word can jerk you awake like the sensation of falling.

Here's the link to my poll and excerpt from wiki, if you want to read more.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10885941#10885941


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11106474 -

when i'm exhausted, I can see a bit of wall melting or shifting. it used to be worse, but since i havent touched drugs in a while, its very minor.

I still get some visions though when i'm trying to sleep. some type of every time I feel it, i know i'm about to drift off into sleep.


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11106497 -

i think the extent of mine have been the room breathing/shifting.  i've never seen anything like vortexes or demons.  that's fucking crazy.

though i have had auditory hallucinations before.  not very often, but probably on a few different occasions when really exhausted and sleep deprived, yet still having trouble falling asleep.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11106541 -

I hear people talking when I go to sleep.

It has happened my whole life, so it's not due to the copious amounts of acid I've dissolved.

I just hear people talking about random things from random directions.

They never talk to me though.

I have to smoke DMT or Salvia to get my imaginary friends to even acknowledge my existence.  :hissyfit:


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #11106550 -

I have vivid dreams that are almost lucid before I fall asleep.  I'll be half in half out and conscious enough to be able to make decisions in the dream I guess.  Hard to explain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11106557 -

Yeah man recently I've been getting lots of CEV's when im trying to sleep. Just different shapes and different colors floating around. They're not as vivid as a trip CEV but strong enough for me to notice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11106587 -

I get a lot of disassociative style auditory hallucinations before I go to bed. Like friends talking to me or to each other.
It can be very weird, and very very real. Even prompting me to respond, either mentally or out loud. Sometimes I think it's the onset of some mental disorder, but there is no family history and I don't have any other signs of insanity. It's just hypnogogia.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: jewunit]
    #11108471 -

jewunit said:
Sometimes I think it's the onset of some mental disorder, but there is no family history and I don't have any other signs of insanity. It's just hypnogogia.



I'm glad you said that, because I feel the same way sometimes.

The way I think about it is that if it starts happening during the day, THEN you have something to worry about.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11108602 -

Yes, nearly every night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: Brugman]
    #11108635 -

funny you mention this.  just last night i woke up at 4 a.m. and i swore i heard someone walking in my room.  but then i realized my dog was lying right next to the bed and she barks at the slightest noise.  therefore i concluded that my mind was playing tricks on me, but it didn't matter......the noises/sounds continued.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11108650 -

There is a switch inside the brain, i forget the name, but i have read on it.  It is off when were awake but on when were asleep.  This "switch" (sorry if i forget, been a long time since school) turns the mind on and the body off and vise verse.  So... as you fall asleep, this switch is starting to turn on, putting your mind in second gear and revving up to 6000RPM's.  Have you ever woken up, unable to move your body? I'm not talking about numbness, for surely some smart-ass will toaste to that :laugh:, but a complete paralyzed stated where the simplest of micro-movements seems to be incapacitated by 10 tons of steal?  This is due to part of the brain waking up without the switch going off.  Its cool for me, happening about 1 time every month.  I used to be afraid, and at times still am, but if you can let go of the fear, you can hear the voices you miss by being "awake" :laugh: gl with your pursuits


--------------------
This Is All Just An Echo Of What Has All Ready Happened!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: Unparalized]
    #11108672 -

you're speaking of sleep paralysis.  and it's terrifying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep? [Re: norml840]
    #11108724 -

Yeah, I usually kinda panic when sleep paralysis occurs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sleep Paralysis
( 1 2 all )
LthirdSeyeD 4,292 25 01/06/05 06:05 PM
by LthirdSeyeD
* Hello Boys and Girls, my name is Auditory Auditory 450 6 10/29/07 06:06 AM
by zepp420
* Sleep dep. Brugman 606 7 04/28/06 04:43 AM
by LloydChristmas
* Meditation/controlled hallucinations/lucid dreams? SerioOria 1,011 4 08/05/05 07:03 AM
by barfightlard
* Da Vinchi sleep cycle
( 1 2 all )
PriitK 3,188 22 05/01/06 05:54 PM
by browndustin
* Night-time Hallucinations Madtowntripper 1,479 15 09/29/05 04:53 PM
by ShroomArtist84
* Sleep Paralysis freezepooter 1,821 13 05/01/06 10:01 PM
by Freeker
* Oregon vortex... LuSiD9 2,122 9 01/18/07 07:12 PM
by Koala Koolio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,470 topic views. 2 members, 27 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.