Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Night-time Hallucinations
    #4731033 -

Just curious if I'm the only one who experiences this phenomenon. When I'm in bed at night, it usually takes me awhile to fall asleep. I'll lie there for 15 minutes or so getting more tired and more tired. Then right before I fall asleep, once in awhile (Once a week?) I'll get some crazy CEV hallucinations.

I dont just mean yoru standard eye closed dots and lines. I'll get incredibly detailed pictures of faces/places, etc. Not in color, but in that wierd white/green color that CEV's sometimes come in. I can sometimes control these, focusing more or getting a different picture, but I'll always lose them after 10 or so seconds.

I dont think I'm sick or anything. I just think its a neat little quirk of the brain. Happen to anyone else?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4731041 -

all the time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: goobler]
    #4731045 -

iwish i did. it sure sounds like a lot of fun


--------------------
- - - T H E E N D - - -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4731046 -

I have noticed that I have gotten them a lot more since I have gotten into psychedelics. My dreams are also much more vivid and intense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4731431 -

I get this nearly every night just before falling asleep. It's like I start dreaming before I actually get to sleep. I can't remember when it started for me.


--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4731452 -

hypnagogic hallucinations.

they're normal, especially for people interested in such things. But.... for me I sometimes have difficulty focusing upon them, as I only have them when my brain starts "running away from me" and I'm fragmented away (without seemingly any control) from my thoughts.

It's like I'll think about something........ and it just flows like a river in my mind without my direction, then it hits a waterfall where hallucinations start, but because it's a fricking waterfall the sudden drop into light-sleep disorients me and shocks my brain back into "normal consciousness". And while this is happening I could still be thinking, like I can keep a mantra going like "I am dreaming" and that will repeat and repeat, but the thoughts beyond my control eclipse the mantra and overpower it....

Meaning that I cannot fall asleep.... rather I go through several of these episodes per night until I just gradually surrender somehow.

I'm begining to think these "sleep thoughts" which persist without your permission are karmic impressions of the day, which then persist into dreams once you "reassimilate" yourself from the "shock" of falling asleep into complete non-consciousness.... and then the karma sort of expires after a while and you wake up from the dreams. Which is why sometimes you jsut can't stay dreaming even if you want to, and anything you dream about is bland, because the brain is done sorting things out.

yeah....


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/29/05 12:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: leery11]
    #4731462 -

amanita muscaria does that allways for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: leery11]
    #4731470 -

Perhaps this is why it takes me so long to actually fall asleep.


--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4731530 -

Sometimes I will wave my hand in front of my face, looking up at the ceiling with little light, and get REDICULOUS trails.  I mean a foot long. :shocked:

Anyone else get this?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: mockeylock]
    #4731683 -

sadly, I can do that now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4731773 -

The other night I was reading up on sleep paralysis, and realized that I have experienced it several times. When this first happened, I really didnt know what was going on and figured it was just some awkward dream state.

Your brain restricts all body movements during sleep (with the exception of the eyes), but when you are awake yet still remain in this state, it is known as sleep paralysis. I found it to be very uncomfortable.

I know this wasn't what you were describing, but it is another interesting sleep phenomenon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4732586 -

My hypnagogic hallucinations are visual and auditory. This really freaked me out because I would usually hear someone in my room call my name or say a random word and it would jolt me awake. After about the 30th time it happened I decided to do some research and found out that it is pretty common. Some peoples hallucinations are so strong that they evoke other senses like smell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4732624 -

right on, perfectly explained.

yes I do


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: XUL]
    #4732647 -

I get audio hallucinations sometimes when falling asleep. people talking, mostly jibberish, and other shit, its pretty entertaining. ever since i was a kid.
never really had that great of cev's tho. unless im high  :3rd_eye:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: day_tripper]
    #4732688 -

those are real, they are coming for you...the 2D's can help you fight the insectiods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Night-time Hallucinations [Re: goobler]
    #4732758 -

all the time - join the fucking group.


--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hypnagogic hallucinations DragonChaser 1,337 19 08/19/09 01:01 AM
by Lord Mayonnaise
* HOLY FUCK. A hallucination grabbed me. Terrifying. seek 4,321 19 01/25/09 07:06 AM
by darklcd
* Hallucinating spiders when falling asleep? Man5 4,540 19 06/29/10 03:07 PM
by smack
* Who else here as a grip of hallucinations before they go to sleep?
( 1 2 all )
learningtofly 1,470 29 09/22/09 11:08 PM
by jewunit
* Audial Hallucinations via Oxycodone? themostpurple 2,831 17 02/28/10 03:14 AM
by themostpurple
* Anyone else get stuck in between awake and asleep? (hypnagogia) Xombo 6,297 15 06/30/10 02:06 PM
by Shroomism
* favorite hallucinations
( 1 2 3 all )
notapillow 5,469 48 01/27/08 02:39 PM
by Fugai
* Auditory hallucinations
( 1 2 all )
mellowparty 2,893 26 05/28/10 08:50 PM
by Etherealslimshady

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,479 topic views. 1 members, 239 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.