Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: koraks]
    #11070294 -

koraks said:
Chrome. It's the best for stealth porn browsing :thumbup:



How so?


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11070300 -

niteowl said:
Firefox

FTW




--------------------
~ Drill Baby Drill ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11070304 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: koraks]
    #11070313 -

koraks said:
Incognito browsing.



Hah, they give it a fancy name like that to the simple procedure of clearing your browsing history that other browsers have had for a while.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11070337 -

Firefox.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #11070371 -

Tranquil Toad said:
Usually just IE. I'm not too picky, it gets most of the pop ups. The net is the net, I don't need a slew of special features.

What makes fire fox that much better than explorer?



Man IE blows compared to Firefox

much easier, faster, safer and like mentioned before the ADD ONS

Stumbleupon is :awebig:

NoScript
AdBlock
FasterFox
DownThemAll
are all cool add-ons

there are TONS of cool features that makes Firefox superior to IE


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Hanky]
    #11070379 -

Hanky said:
Firefox.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: niteowl]
    #11070380 -

It went too slow for me. Chrome is quick in comparison.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11070413 -

The_Ghost said:
koraks said:
Incognito browsing.



Hah, they give it a fancy name like that to the simple procedure of clearing your browsing history that other browsers have had for a while.



No. With ingognito browsing, you retain all history, cookies etc. for the normal windows, only those of the incognito windows are erased upon closing them. As far as I know, other browsers don't offer this possibility and Chrome offers it with even more ease of use than the other big browsers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11070416 -

Firefox searches for upgrade when you first start it up, making it start kinda slow
but once it is up and running it runs much faster that IE ever did for me

I think it is the NoScripts and the FasterFox feature maybe :shrug:
I don't know, I just know that I will NEVAR use IE again :boo:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11070419 -

Jimtown said:
It went too slow for me. Chrome is quick in comparison.



FF used to be quick as well when it was about as old as Chrome. Let's see how Chrome manages to grow up. It'll probably get slower, but how much?

FasterFox did help a bit, but FF's code remains pretty bloated, I think. Chrome has an architecture that seems promising. IE is simply out of the question, of course. It represents major suckage.

Edited by koraks (09/16/09 01:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: koraks]
    #11070425 -

koraks said:
The_Ghost said:
koraks said:
Incognito browsing.



Hah, they give it a fancy name like that to the simple procedure of clearing your browsing history that other browsers have had for a while.



No. With ingognito browsing, you retain all history, cookies etc. for the normal windows, only those of the incognito windows are erased upon closing them. As far as I know, other browsers don't offer this possibility and Chrome offers it with even more ease of use than the other big browsers.




firefox allows for deletion of all that on closing, they just dont use a gimmick name

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11070437 -

Safari on the Mac.
Firefox on the netbook.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11070441 -

Prisoner#1 said:
firefox allows for deletion of all that on closing, they just dont use a gimmick name



Does FireFox allow for the deletion of that stuff for one window or session only? I think it is capable of erasing history etc. of the last session, but that didn't work for me. I'd forget it and the next time any  :buttsex:  history would have been embedded into the useful stuff in there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: koraks]
    #11070447 -

koraks said:
Prisoner#1 said:
firefox allows for deletion of all that on closing, they just dont use a gimmick name



Does FireFox allow for the deletion of that stuff for one window or session only? I think it is capable of erasing history etc. of the last session, but that didn't work for me. I'd forget it and the next time any  :buttsex:  history would have been embedded into the useful stuff in there.



You can set Firefox to delete cookies every time it closes


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: niteowl]
    #11070456 -

Yeah, but I don't want that. I want to retain the cookies for webmail apps etc. I only want the p0rn cookies to go.

Edited by koraks (09/16/09 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: niteowl]
    #11070458 -

it can be set to delete anything and everything on exit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11070460 -

Yeah, I got that. But usually, I don't want that.

I started using FF somewhere back in 2003 I think and I'm pretty aware of what it can and can't do. I switched to Chrome when it came out after having performance and stability issues with FF, especially in combination with Acrobat Reader 8 and later also with 9. I've now almost completely switched over to Chrome, which seems to offer superior performance, reliability and recoverability after fuckups. Until thee people at Google start to fuck up, I guess I'm settled.

Edited by koraks (09/16/09 02:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: koraks]
    #11070508 -

I wasnt please with chrome and knowing about google and their desire to
track everything people do online I decided against using it for any
extended perior, as for the compatability of PDF readers, I use Foxit,
it's compact and 10x faster than acrobat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What browser do you use? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11070520 -

I'm still on that Firefox but I've heard that Chrome runs faster, so I thought about trying that out but it won't run on this version of XP for some fucking reason.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* It's WORLD FIREFOX DAY - join in on the festivities
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 3,605 22 08/03/06 08:04 PM
by psiclops
* As of 2011 what's the best browser out there
( 1 2 all )
SeptemberCloud 987 34 09/29/11 05:26 PM
by Bagel Auras
* What do u consider the best browser?
( 1 2 3 all )
DeadPhan 2,466 41 01/08/09 04:59 PM
by tpihkal
* i made the switch (firefox vs. chrome)
( 1 2 3 all )
Poor Boy 4,013 56 06/23/12 12:23 PM
by gzuf
* Losing faith in Firefox
( 1 2 3 all )
Thin White Duke 6,449 54 06/14/05 12:05 AM
by Vvellum
* How to clear firefox address bar? PDU 688 11 09/28/10 10:49 PM
by stedenko
* The Egyptian Ouroboros and the Enigma of Our Fractal Reality crackawebsta 2,930 7 11/03/10 12:49 PM
by crackawebsta
* Firefox or Chrome?
( 1 2 all )
13.step 3,367 34 01/30/11 07:16 AM
by 13.step

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,726 topic views. 2 members, 27 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.