Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10874829 -

Last time I went to Haiti there seemed to be plenty of forests :shrug:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: twighead]
    #10874860 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Haiti
"In 1923, over 60% of Haiti's land was forested; by 2006, less than 2% was." It is a known problem there.

Of course there will be some greenery, but still much less than the DR. I found another picture which showed the Haiti side being grass patches, and the DR side being trees, but it was too large to upload.


--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: Green_T]
    #10875964 -

That's really funny. In some parts of Africa you can tell which areas are poor by lack of forest, and it will literally be like a square grid of land with no trees.


--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: twighead]
    #10875971 -

twighead said:
Last time I went to Haiti there seemed to be plenty of forests :shrug:




You must've been chilling out in the 2% forested area that they have there, lol


--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11003824 -

RobMarley420 said:
Interesting. :thumbup:

This is the first time I've seen you on here since we briefly met at 'Sacred Earth Open Air'.



omgosh man! how are things for you? are you coming to Earth Dance 2009?!?!?!

i started medical school recently so i have little or no free time nowadays... just getting a few posts in before i go study for 7 hours this lovely Saturday afternoon... so much class work, it is intense! :smile:


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: smack]
    #11003829 -

smack said:
Wonder how much power goes into lighting the empty streets at 4 AM?



wow, great point, Smack! i think about this all the time... such a waste of energy!


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: circularvortex]
    #11003836 -

circularvortex said:
RobMarley420 said:
Interesting. :thumbup:

This is the first time I've seen you on here since we briefly met at 'Sacred Earth Open Air'.



I was at that party!  It was effin cold!

OP, sweet pics!



thanks CircularVortex! just sharing the happiness with everyone... it would have been lazy and selfish of me to see these awesome pictures and not post them where others could see them... :smile:


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: PookztA]
    #11004436 -

PookztA said:
RobMarley420 said:
Interesting. :thumbup:

This is the first time I've seen you on here since we briefly met at 'Sacred Earth Open Air'.



omgosh man! how are things for you? are you coming to Earth Dance 2009?!?!?!





Life is good.

I won't be at Earth Dance unfortunatly. My car isn't in good enough condition to make the road trip to Iowa right now and I'm broke and don't have the money to fix it.
I was planning on going to Crsytal Sky in BRF but that falls on the same weekend that Sound Tribe is playing in Milwuakee so I'm not sure if I'll make that one either. I'd really like to go though, there is a possibility that we'll go to Sound Tribe on Friday and then head up to BRF for Saturday night/Sunday morning.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11004505 -

RobMarley420 said:
PookztA said:
RobMarley420 said:
Interesting. :thumbup:

This is the first time I've seen you on here since we briefly met at 'Sacred Earth Open Air'.



omgosh man! how are things for you? are you coming to Earth Dance 2009?!?!?!





Life is good.

I won't be at Earth Dance unfortunatly. My car isn't in good enough condition to make the road trip to Iowa right now and I'm broke and don't have the money to fix it.
I was planning on going to Crsytal Sky in BRF but that falls on the same weekend that Sound Tribe is playing in Milwuakee so I'm not sure if I'll make that one either. I'd really like to go though, there is a possibility that we'll go to Sound Tribe on Friday and then head up to BRF for Saturday night/Sunday morning.



damn dude no worries though, i am sure our paths will cross again soon. I wish I could see your face so that I could recall our encounters at Sacred Earth.

Are you on facebook? my name full name is Abraham Hafiz Rodriguez.

we should keep in touch!


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: PookztA]
    #11004587 -

Friend request sent. :thumbup:

We briefly met Sunday morning at Sacred Earth. You recognized my shroomery t-shirt, we chated for a bit and you gave us some flyers for an upcoming party in Iowa.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11004751 -

omg now i remember! i had never seen someone with shroomery shirt besides myself until that day! that is awesome :smile: will be on facebook in a bit to accept. thanks bro! have a great afternoon.

and nice avatar by the way. i love it!


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: PookztA]
    #11004829 -

Africa looks booming


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cities Of Light (Satellite Photos of Earth at Night) [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #11004903 -

Are those Orioginal images available in a very high resolution? I would love to get them printed out large scale and framed.


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Amazing pics of Mexico City Colbadol 1,441 15 02/22/07 11:24 PM
by iluan
* Direct TV satellite internet? Anyone have it? rawtoxic 1,065 11 12/11/06 04:59 PM
by chickenmaster
* Man sues over loss of 'dirty' photo RandalFlagg 1,329 7 05/30/05 01:00 PM
by CherryBom
* AP Offers Satellite View of New Orleans veggieM 565 2 09/04/05 05:12 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* Astrophotography.....in the city! ToTheSummit 853 12 01/15/05 10:22 PM
by daba
* Google Maps, Satellite pics
( 1 2 all )
cybrbeast 4,316 32 04/10/05 05:11 PM
by In(di)go
* Fucking satellites PeterGriffin467 813 10 01/17/08 07:45 PM
by Visionary Tools
* Best Satellite Internet or Similar rawtoxic 1,048 8 01/12/06 04:36 PM
by rawtoxic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,182 topic views. 6 members, 30 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.