Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGonzoPunk
Lurking fiend.
first timer questions.
    #1093277 - 11/28/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i plan on growing about 24 brown rice flour and vermiculite cakes innoculated with B+ spores. i have a few questions, and i apologize in advance if any of them have been previously answered.

as i have no access to a pressure cooker i'm going to steam the jars in a big pot. is this method sound? won't the boiling water at the bottom of the pot cause the jars at the bottom to break? why don't jars have to be sterilized before the substrate is added to them? it seems they'd be as likely to contam before mushie innoculation as after.

i know this question belongs in a different forum, but to save a thread, has anyone ordered spore syringes (B+ particularly) from SporeLab.com, and if so, with what degree of success? i see no flaws in anything on the site, and the vendor himself seems right on, but you can never be too careful.

thanks in advance for your help.

--------------------
"I think there's something wrong with me." - Oscar Zeta Acosta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: first timer questions. [Re: GonzoPunk]
    #1093288 - 11/28/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Using a big pot is fine for sterilizing BRF/verm jars but make sure the jars are elevated slightly from the bottom of the pot with an old rag or rack or something.
The jars don't need to be sterilized before adding the substrate because they will be sterilized once you have steamed them in the pot prior to inoculating.

Hope that helps

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1093358 - 11/28/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Steaming the jars is a perfectly sound way of sterilizing them. To prevent to much heat from transferring to the jars, you can place a washcloth in between the bottom of the jars and pot.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
Re: first timer questions. [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1093383 - 11/28/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sporelab is alright I know they send there products out and replace any problems but I have not heard of results with there syringes but I assume somebody would have posted there negative comments about sporelab if they sent out duds.

OfflineGonzoPunk
Lurking fiend.
Re: first timer questions. [Re: user_exists]
    #1093401 - 11/28/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the info.

while i have an open thread, can someone give me an estimate of how long it usually takes to harvest B+ cubies using BRF/Vermiculite cakes, from the moment of innoculation until the veils break? i understand that this varies with countless variables, but an estimate would be most helpful.

--------------------
"I think there's something wrong with me." - Oscar Zeta Acosta

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
    #1093431 - 11/28/02 09:33 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

go read soem grow logs..

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: first timer questions. [Re: Coma of Souls]
    #1093934 - 11/28/02 01:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Order your spores from www.TheLittleGuy.com There awesome

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1093988 - 11/28/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

can someone give me an estimate of how long it usually takes to harvest B+ cubies using BRF/Vermiculite cakes, from the moment of innoculation until the veils break?

Dude, thats like saying, I just got a full tank of gas, how many days will it last me? As you said there are many variables, but if you use an incubator for colonization, and you have the correct fruiting conditions, it will take approx. 5-7 weeks from the time you stick the needle, till the veil breaks.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale