Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Albert Pujols Factoid
    #10816995 -

When coming to the plate with the bases loaded, Albert is batting .778 with five home runs and 24 RBIs.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albert Pujols Factoid [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #10817889 -

I'd drill him in the noggin in that situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albert Pujols Factoid [Re: Deadmaker]
    #10818431 -

In light of this and my Trevor Hoffman Factoid, I very much would like to see Pujols come up vs. Hoffman with the bases loaded.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albert Pujols Factoid [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #10818557 -

I think next you need to do a Tim Lincecum factoid. I'm going to watch him on MLBtv tonight.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albert Pujols Factoid [Re: robbyberto]
    #10818687 -

Also, to go with that number you gave above.

Pujols w/ the bases juiced this year has, as you said, five homers.

HE HAS ONLY STRUCK OUT TWICE.

He is almost 3X as likely to hit A GRAND SLAM AS STRIKE OUT.

That is insane.

I would walk him on 4-straight every single time.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albert Pujols Factoid [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10826120 -

Madtowntripper said:
Also, to go with that number you gave above.

Pujols w/ the bases juiced this year has, as you said, five homers.

HE HAS ONLY STRUCK OUT TWICE.

He is almost 3X as likely to hit A GRAND SLAM AS STRIKE OUT.

That is insane.

I would walk him on 4-straight every single time.



We agree about something for the first time in about a month. Do you still do it with Holliday behind him?

I do.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why does anyone pitch to Albert Pujols?
( 1 2 all )
whattheheck 2,025 37 07/13/09 06:56 PM
by whattheheck
* Trevor Hoffman Factoid OneMoreRobot3021 409 6 08/04/09 11:43 PM
by whattheheck
* Tim Lincecum NL Cy Young robbyberto 674 4 11/13/08 01:12 AM
by AgroCrag
* Pujols for Papelbon? OneMoreRobot3021 759 8 06/12/06 06:41 PM
by Banez
* Yankee factoid.
( 1 2 all )
zappaisgod 954 27 08/10/09 06:23 PM
by whattheheck
* Peter Gammons Likes Them Young Madtowntripper 795 0 02/18/07 01:07 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Bill Simmons on Advanced Baseball Metrics Madtowntripper 3,696 16 04/07/10 10:16 PM
by mr.bixby
* Shroomery Fantasy Baseball 2010
( 1 2 3 4 ... 77 78 )
OneMoreRobot3021 57,193 1,543 10/11/10 05:41 PM
by robbyberto

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
304 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.