Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

blue cakes with cauterized parts.
    #1082015 - 11/24/02 05:07 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

ok, had a cake that was looking green on the bottom of the uncolonized jar so i birthed it early and cut out the green with a sterilyzed knife. Put some wet verm on the top to act as a patch and put it in a shoe box size container with perlite. Noticed some green spots like tiny chunk of verm or myc that turned green and decided to cauterize those parts with a small lighter torch. Now there is blue around those areas that were green. not green but blue. I had been sitting the cake on the perlite that day to help give it some moisture. Not sure if this caused it or what. NOt really expecting shrooms from this one. Have enough other healthy jars to be ready to birth by next week. but thought maybe it could be saved or at least worth a shot. Also what do hyphal knots and pins look like. Is is just extra mycelium builup because the whole cake looks sort of bumpy but I don't think it's pins, just the way the myc grew on the verm.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: blue cakes with cauterized parts. [Re: thisone]
    #1082104 - 11/24/02 05:57 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

whats the best way to recog nize pins or the start of pins?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Re: blue cakes with cauterized parts. [Re: thisone]
    #1083684 - 11/25/02 06:01 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Imagine many big greasy black-heads poping out of many big greasy pores on a big cylindrical face, now imagine your face and the black-heads are white. This is what hyphal knots on a cake look like (sort of).

To identify pins, look at the cake from all angles (it took me about half an hour of staring at this casing from above before I looked at it from the side and discovered pins instantly), once you know what a hyphal knot looks like you'll be able to identify pins as elongated hyphal knots.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation