Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10671566 -

It can take a LONG time for it to pup from what I understand. Its all a toss up it appears. I'm still waiting on pups myself.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10703246 -

Damn,these pups are growing out of sight!!!My poor Loph,on the other hand looks like shit.Is there any hope for this poor thing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10703511 -

cut them off! by leaving the pups on the stock you run the risk of the stock plant diverting all its growth into those and completely shutting down the vascular pathways that are feeding the scion.
it doesn't look so hot anyway, if it is soft now then i think this graft has probably failed.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10703656 -

Thanks doc,it did seem to go down hill as soon as the pups emerged.The Loph is still firmly attached to the scion.I'm not sure what to do.I guess I'll cut off the pups,and regrow them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10703705 -

if the scion is not plump after 2 weeks of being grafted then that is a bad sign.
i usually pull the scion off at that stage and try to root it, then regraft another to the stock.
but that is easy for me to say, as i have more than one to play around with...

did the scion plump up and get nice and firm after the grafting procedure, or not?
if it did, then there is likely some vascular contact and it is the emergence of the pups that is robbing all the goodness away from the scion.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10703750 -

Well,the scion did plump up a lot after grafting,and looked great.It was nice and green too,then I left it out side in sever rain,and the pups started coming.I think a combination of all the water,and the pups stealing energy is my problem.I cut of the pups,and now have the graft indoors.We have a lot more rain on the way.maybe it will make it,but I'm having my doubts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10703795 -

think positive vibes, you are killing it with negative thoughts :laugh:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10704737 -

Right on,I'll do that good buddy:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10705223 -

Check out the pups,ain't they cute:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10705254 -

good luck rooting those up before they shrivel up, can't say that i've ever tried rooting a trich pup that small!


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10705283 -

I just got back from my cousins house.. I gave him a 8 inch pedro cutting while he was here and he saw 5-6 etiolated tips id hacked off that were each between 1/2-2 inches each.

This was two weeks ago.

I just got back from over there and the S-O-B rooted ALL three! One was FULLY rooted. He has NO plant growing experience what-so-ever! I was (and still am) absolutely in AWE at this. I cant believe he rooted them. One was the size of a marble, no exaggeration, a marble. Like, the size of a dime. It was rooted and growing. I simply couldnt believe it.


Just goes to show, anythings possible I guess. I promise pics next time I go.

-M

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10705285 -

Yeah,well,what have I got to loose?If they don't make it,The main plant will always make more.The biggest one is about an inch in diameter.I think I'll have good luck with that one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10705289 -

Oh shit,didn't see your post meth.I think mine will root too:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: KBG1977]
    #10705299 -

Had I not just seem them no more then an hour ago, I would fully (and likewise would have before today) agreed with doc that its not worth it. But his rooted.. theyd sat on the table for like two weeks before I gave them to him. He had their soil drenched too. And they were planted in non-sterilized and incomplete compost (not fully decomposed yet).


Not that I reccomend any of what he did, but it did work.

-M

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Methadone]
    #10705413 -

i've rooted slices of trichs that were less than 1" thick and had them produce pups, but never a fresh pup like that.
it's possible that KBG's will root and grow of course :yesnod:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Methadone]
    #10705417 -

I found a 1"x1" myrtle tip I had thrown into a bed by my pool, while digging it up to turn into a cacti bed :grin:

Sucker was calloused and started rooting and I threw it there in december too!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Cactusdan]
    #10705436 -

i keep all my tips from my graft stocks and try to get them to root up and grow. some make it, some don't.

it's gotta be worth a try :yesnod:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10705576 -

Yeah,these are nice,green plump pups.I know I'll get em going:grin:Gotta go out,and get a good cactus mix to set em in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Cactusdan]
    #10705878 -

You can't keep those out in the winter in FL though, even our cold snaps of 17F for just a few hours should be enough to kill them. :frown:


--------------------
:hanky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Loph graft [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #10706227 -

Amberica said:
You can't keep those out in the winter in FL though, even our cold snaps of 17F for just a few hours should be enough to kill them. :frown:



Not lophs. All of mine survived the ice storm. It did get that cold during a few of the nights, but averaged in the mid 20's. Of course, they were indoor. Now astrophytum and aztekium......not so well :crankey:

But yeah. They generally shouldn't be left out in the cold. Thats just cruel. Talk about a stressed out cacti junkie lol.

KBG- Let me get one of those pups. I've got some cereus and stenocereus pups you can have. I cut them off last week.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to make rooted and grafted lophophoras pup? funnybunny 1,737 14 09/28/07 10:05 PM
by cricket
* Update on Loph. Graft JB201 2,108 9 03/21/06 12:59 AM
by JB201
* HELP with Pereskiopsis in Loph graft Hongoidelistik 1,499 9 01/16/08 01:56 PM
by Mitchnast
* New Loph Graft! And Question :D Olgualion 2,274 8 06/25/04 11:10 PM
by felixhigh
* A few garden pics (loph graft/p. cartha/cacti) j_db69 3,548 15 09/12/07 12:00 AM
by kybish
* grafting peyote pups cheesie 1,812 11 05/13/07 07:48 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Another Loph Graft In Need Of Opinion. ApacheShaman 988 14 08/03/07 09:40 AM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Sucessfull Loph Graft (finnaly!!)
( 1 2 all )
ApacheShaman 2,445 22 08/09/07 04:28 PM
by ApacheShaman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,742 topic views. 1 members, 29 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.