Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

G2G Transfer?
    #1069323 - 11/20/02 10:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

What is this? I searched and found people talking about it but no description of what it really was.

--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNew Name
New Name, OldUser
Loc: ATL
Re: G2G Transfer? [Re: lvleph]
    #1069374 - 11/20/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It is where you take a spoonfull of colonized grain and put it into some uncolonized grain. This must be done in a fairly clean area. I use the oven tek to do it.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fucking rights and we can match wits all night" -311
Don't let the cops search you. Let them know that you care about your rights.

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

#1069385 - 11/20/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: G2G Transfer? [Re: MicronMagick]
    #1069388 - 11/20/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah that is what I thought it was. TY

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1069397 - 11/20/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Is done after "selected" strains of mycelia have been fully colonized on grain . Then more jars of grain are prepped and inoculated with some of the original grain . This process can be done several times allowing you to minimize the time it takes to colonize cultures for future use . Rather than having to start back at square one with agar each time to produce a viable strain .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
    #1069509 - 11/20/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I did this last sunday.
I prepared 4 jars of rye ('a 720ml) and transfered about a tablespoon of colonised rye to each jar. Amazingly, 3 days later the jars are about 50% colonised so i clearly see the point in doing this!  :smile: 

--------------------
Nothing lasts, nothing is lost.

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: G2G Transfer? [Re: scifi5001]
    #1069515 - 11/20/02 11:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That is pretty good. I tried this on my own before I ever heard of it. Miserable failures lol. But hey live and learn.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1069565 - 11/20/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Wear a mask , use anti bac soap on hands,arms, and under finger nails , surgical hair caps are nice to , turn air system to house off during process , spray area with lysol and let settle , do in place free from drafts , keep pets people out of area during transfer . Be quick and smooth , close jars ASAP ! Get a hold of THE MUSHROOM CULTIVATOR , great info on the technique in the book .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1069829 - 11/20/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

6T's Grain to Grain Transfers (G2G) Method  :wink:

Once you have learned to prepare sterilized spawn pint or quart jars of bird seed, rye or grains & fully colonize them with mycelium. You can easily propagate a single colonized quart jar of that into about 20 more via G2G transfers. Jars propagated via G2G transfers generally colonize under optimal conditions 100% in 10 to 14 days . Given that, spores do not have to germinate, as what is transferred to freshly prepared jars is active mycelium on fully colonized seed or grains.

The method is to prepare fresh jars, just as you would to inoculate via a spore syringe (soak seed, rinse, drain, load, apply filter disk & PC). Excepting, rather than inoculate the fresh jars with a syringe. You transfer grain from a colonized jar to fresh uncolonized jars. The procedure is simple & only requires common sense, minimal preparation, a long stout clean stainless steel spoon & the cleanest personal hygiene and the smallest uncarpeted working place you can muster.

Prepare the smallest cleanest uncarpeted room you have (generally, a bathroom). In the following manner. Clean the room as best you can, getting rid of any dirt, dust, mold or mildew. Remove any cloth hanging anywhere. Spray Lysol on everything, everywhere & wipe it down. If you have any hepa type air filter unit? Place it in the room & run it for at least 1 hour. Running a hepa is preferable, but, if you don’t have one. You can usually manage without it

Wipe your fully colonized jar of grain & your fresh jars down, with a clean Lysol sprayed rag. Place those in the room, on the counter top, or whatever flat working surface you intend to use. Wear freshly laundered clean cloths. If you have a face mask  (preferable) wear it. If you have a shower cap to cover your hair (preferable), wear it. Enter the room, spray Lysol around (again) run the hepa for a few minutes (if you have one). Then, turn it off. Spray your hands & arms with Lysol & wipe dry.

Unscrew the lid off the colonized jar. Leave the internal filter disk or filter material in place covering the content. Unscrew the lid on a fresh jar, leaving the internal filter material in place. Remove the filter material from the colonized jar & dig up about ? of content, as it will be colonized into a solid mass. Spoon out 2 table spoons full & transfer them to the uncolonized jar, by lifting it’s filter up & spooning them in. Replace the filter material on the fresh jar IMMEDIATELY after spooning in the colonized material.

Repeat this same process as many times as you have fresh jars to transfer to. Once done. Screw the fresh jars lids on tight. Cover the outside of the lids of the fresh jars with a double layer of alcohol swabbed coffee filters & rubber band them down. Shake each fresh jar to spread the colonized material throughout it. Place your fresh jars in a dry, dark, warm place (preferably between 78 & 84 F), and allow them to colonize in peace & quiet. G2G transfer & shaking jars batters the mycelium. It takes it a day or 3  recuperate from that shock.  There is no need to shake  G2G jars more than once. As, doing so will only slow colonization, rather than speed it up.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
    #1069868 - 11/20/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I used the oven tek and when i opened each jar i sprayed with 10:1 h2o2.

--------------------
Nothing lasts, nothing is lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag