Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
i hate the bank
    #10531535 -

Just because I am irresponsible doesn't mean they can just take my money.

I had 5.35am flight out of huntsville returning from bonnaroo. I arrived at the airport at 4.30 and waited in line to get my bag checked. By the time I got there, they told me that there was not enough time to make my flight, as they stop loading passengers 45 minutes prior. I know this is bullshit, so they made me take another flight and charged me $100. I only had my bank card, so I used it knowing I had only about $100 left on it.

Well, a few days later I am sitting at -$300 because some of the transactions from last week just posted, and each time I bought gas, or whatever I am hit with a $35 overdraft fee, even though it was only 1 transaction that really put me under.

The only reason I found out is when I deposited my paycheck into my account and was still negative. I would have cashed it had I known... Now I have absolutely no gas or food money for the week. This has happened to me many times before, I guess I should learn but fuck.

I am pretty pissed, money isnt easy to come by...and the last place I want to just give away 300+ dollars is the fucking bank that I just bailed out with the $2000 in taxes I just paid. I was in a good mood earlier, now im fucking depressed.


--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: tak]
    #10531554 -

Join a credit union, they usually charge less for overdrafts.

Go and talk to the bank and see if they can waive some of those.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10531566 -

yea my overdraft is 5 $ i treat it like a cash advance sometimes and write a check to me and cash. 100$ check puts me at -105 not bad and cheaper than interest at those places


--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: tak]
    #10531575 -

lol @ the thread title.
I've been there man, and my story involves the Huntsville airport as well.
Ill do a thread on that someday ( i should any way. )

Im laughing because in my circle about 6 years ago we used the work "bank"
as slang for cops.
like:
oh shit the bank is at the door
or
watch out a bank just spun around on us.

I started calling them the bank because they always bullshit you
and try to find reasons to take your money and get you in trouble.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: rodfarva]
    #10531635 -

I really, and truly, HATE banks and all their nonsense and corruption. You could write a book.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10531676 -

Mandrake said:
Go and talk to the bank and see if they can waive some of those.



QFT.

Go explain it was only one charge that put you over, they just posted out of order.  Tell them what happened, you were stuck in the airport, etc.

Then, if they refuse, tell them your thing about 2k being taken from you to bail out their bank.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: tak]
    #10531736 -

tak said:
Just because I am irresponsible doesn't mean they can just take my money.

I had 5.35am flight out of huntsville returning from bonnaroo. I arrived at the airport at 4.30 and waited in line to get my bag checked. By the time I got there, they told me that there was not enough time to make my flight, as they stop loading passengers 45 minutes prior. I know this is bullshit, so they made me take another flight and charged me $100. I only had my bank card, so I used it knowing I had only about $100 left on it.

Well, a few days later I am sitting at -$300 because some of the transactions from last week just posted, and each time I bought gas, or whatever I am hit with a $35 overdraft fee, even though it was only 1 transaction that really put me under.

The only reason I found out is when I deposited my paycheck into my account and was still negative. I would have cashed it had I known... Now I have absolutely no gas or food money for the week. This has happened to me many times before, I guess I should learn but fuck.

I am pretty pissed, money isnt easy to come by...and the last place I want to just give away 300+ dollars is the fucking bank that I just bailed out with the $2000 in taxes I just paid. I was in a good mood earlier, now im fucking depressed.



I think most of us have been there, it fucking sucks when you're a starving student, but hey- when you sign a contract with a bank you're agreeing to their terms. No point agreeing to a contract, if you're gunna whine about it later when they abide by the rules that you agreed on.

With that said, I've been fucked plenty of times and prob paid around $250 in overdraft fees total. It IS retarded, but it's the rulez.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Neuron]
    #10531791 -

My bank, PC, does the same thing. 30 bucks every time you try to take out money with none in there. Fucking stupid, went -100 before noticing. Fucking scam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Glenners]
    #10531859 -

I like it when an auto charge tries to go through, "bounces", and they charge you $30+ even without paying it. :mad:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Glenners]
    #10531881 -

My bank account is in the negative, and they have been charging me $5 a day for the last 50+ days. What makes it even better is they are not a national bank, they only exist in NC.

And I'm in FL now.

And they won't let me close my account until its paid.

And they won't let me pay over the phone or online.

Its lots of fun when I send them my last $160 when my account is at -$140, and it takes 5 days to get there, leaving me with -$5 still. So that they can continue to charge me each day.

Its now up to (or down to) -$50. Once I get paid my miniscule paycheck that I get for sweating my ass off in the florida sun, I'm sending it ALL.

Thats right.



ALL $100.


:kingcrankey:


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: whattheheck]
    #10531887 -

Don't fail at managing your money - this will never happen to you.  I have never paid any overdraft fees, because I avoid doing things that I can't afford.

If you choose to do something you cannot afford, then you have to accept the consequences.  And I know you got charged an extra $100 at the airport but
a) I would've bitched the fuck out of the airport people and not paid that
b) You need to plan for unforeseen expenses, especially at a festival

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10531896 -

BUT WE LIKE WHINING. LET US WHINE:crankey:


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: tak]
    #10531911 -

Yeah I know I've been in the hole like that before from overdraft fees.  They told me that If I got a credit card with the bank then the overdraft fee would only be like $10 since it covers the money.  But my credit rating is so bad I can't even get one.  And I've never even owned a credit card before, fucking gay.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #10532083 -

lol...i once did a google search for "Fuck Chase bank"

the results were astounding

this one guy actually called 911 to say he had been robbed...by a bank


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: tak]
    #10532164 -

I just ask them to waive the $35 fee in person to the bank manager.

If not I'll withdraw my money, refinance my loans with another bank and cancel my credit cards.

Don't make it an empty threat, get face to face with the bank manager... if they say no, immediately start the ball rolling.

"Can you waive these overdrawn fees?"
"I'm sorry I can't do that"
"OK, I would like to close all my accounts with "X" bank"

I'm a stubborn bastard and would happily do that if they called my bluff.

Never paid the overdrawn fee in my life, I've had ~15 - 20 waived over my lifetime.

$35 aint shit to them if you close a loan that's generating $1000+ interest per year

If you close accounts/refinance loans/cancel credit cards, they want to know why... your reason will be that "x" bank manager wouldn't waive the $35 fee... this will go to someone higher and show "bank manager x refused to refund fee, therefor customer x closed all accounts". Therefor, the original person that didn't give the refund, gets there ass kicked for losing the bank money.

The bottom line is profit, if it's more profitable for them to give you the $35 back, they will... banks don't work on principle, they work on profit.

If you don't have a large savings account/loans/credit cards, you got no bartering power so you're screwed :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Chubba]
    #10532172 -

I remember I threatened to close my account at band of American.

Anyway, they said they'd waive all my overdraft fees if I didn't, so I let them do that and the next day closed it anyway.:gameover:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10532181 -

Mandrake said:
I remember I threatened to close my account at band of American.

Anyway, they said they'd waive all my overdraft fees if I didn't, so I let them do that and the next day closed it anyway.:gameover:



:ilold:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #10532185 -

I wish I could use graemlins in real life sometimes.

Imagine walking into the bank and closing your account while holding up :gameover:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #10532188 -

How the fucktits did I spell band of American instead of band of america?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i hate the bank [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10532209 -

...
:rofl:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I fucking hate banks/loaners DNKYD 1,162 13 11/28/05 05:55 PM
by Konnrade
* Fuck Sovereign Bank. And Fuck all banks.
( 1 2 3 all )
Liz 5,886 40 11/30/06 10:19 AM
by Yoschie99
* Fuck Bank of America
( 1 2 all )
blacksabbathrulz 2,558 25 06/04/06 05:05 PM
by domite
* bank of america tak 1,427 9 08/25/03 09:53 PM
by spooky_D
* Santa Claus Bank Robbery Cowgold 1,310 4 04/24/06 10:03 AM
by TheDudeAbides
* Anyone ever get a negative bank balance and not pay it?
( 1 2 all )
blacksabbathrulz 2,357 20 01/10/06 12:30 AM
by nakors_junk_bag
* I hate banks! MycoMystic 1,760 17 12/13/06 09:27 AM
by Newbie
* Bank of America rocks Wellsfargo... theuser 2,564 18 04/12/06 12:20 AM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,299 topic views. 3 members, 66 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.