Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
First Subbs of the season!
    #10489165 -

Its been raining here in little Rhode Island for the past few days! I walked out my front door this morning and RIGHT in front of me were a few little subbs growing on my lawn. I picked up about nine of them and took prints and it turns out they are subbs!

My question, though, is why some subbs look differently depending on where they grow. My usual spot to pick subbs is on construction hay/straw, and they grow bigger than the lawn subbs. I also noticed a variation in color. See these ones I found on the hay:



If I were to take subbs from the hay and grow them on my lawn, would I get larger subbs? Or does it depend all upon the substrate they are growing on as opposed to the mushroom itself?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: ninjx]
    #10489191 -

It depends on their genetics as well as on the nutrients in the substrate. After all, they're only human.


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10489204 -

congrads!


--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #10489252 -

congraTs on ur find. if only it were that easy for me to find mushrooms, but i have to drive and search b4 i can find subs!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: rickstaR]
    #10489678 -

Damnit why cant I find any subbs in maryland?


--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: ezwider]
    #10489692 -

Quote:
Damnit why cant I find any subbs in maryland?




You don't look often enough or in enough different places.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10489855 -

Man I have looked everyyyywhere, Northern maryland just gets such sporadic whether.  I consider myself an avid hunter in many areas around the U.S., but I havent found shit here.  Well I've found shit, but nothing growing ON the shit, haha.


--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: ezwider]
    #10490012 -

Quote:
Man I have looked everyyyywhere, Northern maryland just gets such sporadic whether.



Put in some more time, four hours a day should be enough to start finding some cool things on a regular basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Subbs of the season! [Re: ezwider]
    #10490119 -

ezwider said:
Well I've found shit, but nothing growing ON the shit, haha.



For me, I have never found subbs growing on horse shit. I find all of mine on lawns and hay/straw. For some reason, the mushrooms always seem to find me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pan subb season strong all summer long (pics) Mitchnast 7,079 16 07/23/03 10:52 AM
by doo
* Georgia Pan Subbs... Season??? I2ancid 1,336 3 08/12/04 11:25 AM
by superblingtheory
* Last subs of the season OOISI 745 3 10/11/05 12:22 PM
by MasonsChild
* Possible pan sub find in sw chicago ZippoZM 1,744 8 06/17/03 01:00 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Subs in woodchip
( 1 2 all )
moshroom 6,192 22 06/22/06 01:50 AM
by Anonymous
* Pan Subbs? Please help with ID. hEAtOniKgun 2,736 16 06/02/06 02:46 PM
by Shalambo
* pan subbs in the grass four_winds 1,108 4 02/26/06 03:45 PM
by shroomydan
* Georgia is finally alive. Morels and Pan subbs (PICS!)
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 5,372 28 04/04/05 07:34 PM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
698 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.