Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Rebirtha]
    #10465473 -

I could fix the water heater in a day. THe whole thing will probably have to be replaced. It's just a couple wires, I think 2 water lines, and and exhaust line.


--------------------
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you drugs.

Try practicing safe sex and go fuck yourself!

AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: MrBump]
    #10465545 -

MrBump said:
LayYouIn said:
So how long on average, would it take an apartment manager to fix/replace a leaking water heater?




$70 a month is too much,
I live in a similar situation, dont unplug anything, and pay $25-30 a month.




some states allow utilities to charge service fees just for being connected, in my state they hit us for $75 just because we may use power, the county does the same with water, lower fee

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: schutzemdown]
    #10465554 -

schutzemdown said:
water heater would be gas usually, if it is electric that would be a problem if it leaking it is constantly having to heat new water.




the leaking could be coming from a T&P valve, most heaters have an expansion tank on them now to prevent it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10465564 -

anybody have any experience with those instant water heaters propane or electric in a residential setting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Rebirtha]
    #10465573 -

I've seen them installed the home owners seem to like them


--------------------
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you drugs.

Try practicing safe sex and go fuck yourself!

AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: schutzemdown]
    #10465726 -

Just put your water heater on a timer.  A lot of gas companies will give you an immediate discount on your bill.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Rebirtha]
    #10465744 -

Rebirtha said:
anybody have any experience with those instant water heaters propane or electric in a residential setting?




they're not worth the money, there's really no savings in buying
one, after installation you'll have spent close to $3000 for a
whole house model, a system can be set up and designed using a
pump and 2 regular water heaters, it'll be instant hot water at
every tap and overall the system costs less to install and operate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10465762 -

They are becoming very popular in the new home construction scene here. I haven't seen to many homes built recenlty that don't have one.


--------------------
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you drugs.

Try practicing safe sex and go fuck yourself!

AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: schutzemdown]
    #10465942 -

keep in mind that's built into the total cost of the home so it's
not as noticable, most people that are really looking into them
are looking for installation in old construction, the whole setup
isnt just the heater, it's also a water softener, filtration and
other crap


far cheaper, and a simple installation (this is actually an expensive pump)

http://www.rewci.com/whhohotwaci.html

the one my pops set up involved 2 heaters and a pump

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10466040 -

true it is new construciton its not a retrofit


--------------------
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you drugs.

Try practicing safe sex and go fuck yourself!

AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10466351 -

LayYouIn said:
I take one hot 30 minute shower a day.
Quote:
  :stonedjerk:


--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #10466531 -

Hahaha, so true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10466879 -

Ha, I consume so much electricity you would flip.  Two bedroom apartment - $190.00 due right now.  Last year it was $140, but we had a heat wave and prices went up.

:wexican:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: DieCommie]
    #10467013 -

$70 is cheap compared to what I've had to pay in the past! Even the old trailer I was in costed more than that every month and we didn't use too many appliances at all.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10467245 -

LayYouIn said:
I live in a one bedroom apartment.  I take one hot 30 minute shower a day.  I keep my apliances unpluged most of the time.  I rarely use the heat and I have no AC.

My last electric bill was $70.71.  Does that seem right?

My hot water heater is making a funny noise and I can see water coming out of the bottom of it.  The water is running into a drain hole, so theres no mess.

What do you all think?



I can only assume you're full of shit and already know the answer to that incredibly stupid question.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Chubba]
    #10467444 -

Chubba said:
Hot water will be solar, cuts that out.

No PC, very small TV (you can get ones that use very little).

It's a cabin, so 1 or 2 small 12W lights.

Fridge will be ~300kW/h a year.

Cooking will be gas.

I've got it half sorted.



Solar is your only source of power?
All the off-the-grid houses I've seen have several power sources.. usually solar power and a wind generator or three, supplementing the power and recharging the batteries.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Shroomism]
    #10467548 -

Quote:
Solar is your only source of power?
All the off-the-grid houses I've seen have several power sources.. usually solar power and a wind generator or three, supplementing the power and recharging the batteries.



I'll put a small wind turbine on it, but you don't get massive wind inland. If wind is a viable option, definitely will do it.

It won't be grid connect, so the solar will be producing ~2kWh a day at least into deep cycle batteries... the fridge is the biggest concern atm, everything else is just luxury.

There's still a million kinks in the plan.

I can't justify spending $200,000 for a 1/4 acre block and being squashed in like sardines... when I can spend $100,000 and get 100 - 150 acres of beautiful bushland.

I'll make it work :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Chubba]
    #10467567 -

I may be completely wrong here but pretty sure even if you get low wind, the higher you mount the turbine the more wind it gets.
Even still, some of the new turbines are pretty damn efficient, you don't even need a ton of wind.
And yeah you definitely want a secondary source of power, cause you can't always rely on your solar every single day and unless you're running mad efficient/a lot of panels you probably wont get enough power from those alone like you seem to know already.
Water could be another option as well..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Shroomism]
    #10467592 -

Obviously you would have a good modern petrol generator.

Yeah I've looked at the turbines, some of the really nice ones ($5000) can crank out 3 - 4kWh per day with average wind.

Water? All the water I catch or find will go directly to food production, not energy.

It's going to be a messy project and will take a few years to get right... but I'll get there :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to split the electricity bill?
( 1 2 all )
eligal 2,660 23 08/09/21 10:00 PM
by Lynnch
* Should I be worried about my electrical bill? HUBSonDUBS 766 5 06/09/06 12:38 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* The gas bill from hell
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,850 36 01/12/06 06:00 PM
by baycafe
* WATER BILL!!!!! $154 for 61 days
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 2,479 31 12/14/05 05:50 PM
by Phychotron
* !!Man gets arrested for paying with $2 bill!! C20H25N3O 1,780 12 04/10/05 02:13 PM
by notapillow
* DoITyourself: How to add an electrical outlet to the closet
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 8,809 25 09/12/03 10:20 AM
by Anonymous
* Bill Graham drops acid
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 10,232 50 01/07/05 04:14 PM
by Hooty
* How much electricity... Hrethic 629 8 12/20/05 02:36 AM
by Vvellum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,488 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 17 queries.