Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Electricity Bill
    #10461104 -

I live in a one bedroom apartment.  I take one hot 30 minute shower a day.  I keep my apliances unpluged most of the time.  I rarely use the heat and I have no AC.

My last electric bill was $70.71.  Does that seem right?

My hot water heater is making a funny noise and I can see water coming out of the bottom of it.  The water is running into a drain hole, so theres no mess.

What do you all think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461118 -

70.01? Holy shit, my electricity is included, but from what i know it def. shouldn't be more than like 30

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461347 -

34 Days of service = 658 kWh

Average kWh per day = 19.3

Average Cost Per Day = $1.97

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461352 -

water heater would be gas usually, if it is electric that would be a problem if it leaking it is constantly having to heat new water.


--------------------
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you drugs.

Try practicing safe sex and go fuck yourself!

AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461396 -

seems right don't know were you are using the extra electricity mine was 422 kwh for $51.70
EDIT: and I have a 2 bdrm


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461412 -

doesn't seem overly expensive to me...

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461425 -

30 minute shower :vaped: how I wish

We're on 4 minute showers here in Australia, FTL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Chubba]
    #10461433 -

yeah 30 minute shower is a long ass time 10 is the absolute most I'm in.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10461436 -

We're on 4 minutes of LOW FLOW also!

I nearly creamed myself when I went to NZ and used a proper showerhead, it was heaven.

Fucking water effecient showerheads, don't do shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461448 -

just to have a meter costs me $40 amonth + what i use :rolleyes:


--------------------


TIMMY PUKESPLASH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: fungusfeller]
    #10461455 -

that doesn't make sense


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: schutzemdown]
    #10461466 -

Its electric and i can fell hot water flowing out of the bottom of it and into the drain hole.

I emailed my apt manager and im going to call him on monday.

I was expecting a low bill...kept everthing unplugged when i was gone...meh.  Oh well, life goes on and it appears to be a healthy one. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461570 -

Prices are going up on everything, what do you expect, help? lol.

You can thank our new Terrorist of a prez


--------------------
Consciousness is only a state of mind.
-Life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: BoundlessEden]
    #10461600 -

Inflation happens regardless


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10461604 -

This is going to be hard to run my off-grid house I'm building.

2kWh a day, ~750kWh a year.

:mad2:

You guys are cranking through that in a month.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Chubba]
    #10461665 -

it's easy to do you don't even have to try, how do you expect to do that anyway? I'll use just over 300 a month that's with the lights being off at least 16 hrs a day nothing using electricity besides my clock, computer and no a/c or heat.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10461689 -

Hot water will be solar, cuts that out.

No PC, very small TV (you can get ones that use very little).

It's a cabin, so 1 or 2 small 12W lights.

Fridge will be ~300kW/h a year.

Cooking will be gas.

I've got it half sorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10465404 -

So how long on average, would it take an apartment manager to fix/replace a leaking water heater?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10465462 -

Turn your water heater down in the summer, you will save alot of money. and turn it way down if you leave for the weekend. If you take showers in the morning you can keep it pretty low all day and then turn it up before you go to sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: LayYouIn]
    #10465472 -

LayYouIn said:
So how long on average, would it take an apartment manager to fix/replace a leaking water heater?




$70 a month is too much,
I live in a similar situation, dont unplug anything, and pay $25-30 a month.

Some states have landlord tenant law that allow the tenant to withhold rent
until major repairs and work on fixtures are done and the property is up to standard.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to split the electricity bill?
( 1 2 all )
eligal 2,660 23 08/09/21 10:00 PM
by Lynnch
* Should I be worried about my electrical bill? HUBSonDUBS 766 5 06/09/06 12:38 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* The gas bill from hell
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,850 36 01/12/06 06:00 PM
by baycafe
* WATER BILL!!!!! $154 for 61 days
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 2,479 31 12/14/05 05:50 PM
by Phychotron
* !!Man gets arrested for paying with $2 bill!! C20H25N3O 1,780 12 04/10/05 02:13 PM
by notapillow
* DoITyourself: How to add an electrical outlet to the closet
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 8,809 25 09/12/03 10:20 AM
by Anonymous
* Bill Graham drops acid
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 10,232 50 01/07/05 04:14 PM
by Hooty
* How much electricity... Hrethic 629 8 12/20/05 02:36 AM
by Vvellum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,489 topic views. 4 members, 16 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.093 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.