Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
A puzzling Problem.
    #1041346 - 11/10/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok im this is my first time posting on the boards, But i have been doing research here for a while now. I have a question for all of you exprience cultivators. About 18 days, I inoculated 24 PF tek 1/2 quart jars with PES hawaiian strain. My problem is 8 of the 24 jars show almost 100% colonization, while the other 16 show absolutely no sign of growth what so ever. What makes this more puzzling is I used 4 syringes to inoculate the 24 jars. I used syringe number 1 to inoculate jars 1-6, and syringe number 2 to inoculate jars 7-12, and so on and so forth... I mixed one large batch of substrate for all the jars, so all the jars have the same mix of BRF, H2O and VERM. But now when i look at the colonized jars; 3 of them are from syringe number 1, 1 of them is from Syringe number 2, and 2 are from syringe number 3 and the last 2 are from number four. BTW my jars are in an incubator are kept at a constant 85 degrees. So my question is why would only some of the jars colonize and the other not, when they are all under the exact same conditions. I have searched about this but i havent found much info. and i KNOW there should be atleast some sign of colonization after 18, but there isnt any. Thanks in advance for the info...

--------------------
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music."
-Albert Eistein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
Re: A puzzling Problem. [Re: logicalMADNESS]
    #1041410 - 11/10/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

nice signature...very degrating
anyhoo...did you happen to shake your syringe well BEFORE innoculation and then give it gentle shakes between jars?? I am thinking that you may have squirted all your spores out the first few syringe pushes...and the rest of the cakes you just innoculated with steryl H2O LOL!!!
Love, Cheeba

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
Re: A puzzling Problem. [Re: Cheeba]
    #1041633 - 11/10/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I did shake the syringe before I inoculated and in between inoculation. So thats not an issue. I just cant seem to understand whats going on here anyways... maybe i should give it a few more weeks and see if anything happens.. Ah about the signature, it just happens to be very fitting right now, for I have met a few very shallow ladies that fit that quote perfectly. maybe i should change it. its prolly not very appropriete and it might upset some ladies members, if any exist.

--------------------
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music."
-Albert Eistein

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

#1041916 - 11/10/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dont see how its degrating. Possibly I'm looking at this after you've changed this. I'm seeing a albert einstein quote.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1042030 - 11/10/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You've got contam if there's no growth. It's probably the "rotten apple" smelling type.

That's just the random pattern of contam. It's not so random if you boiled the BRF mixture. That's not very efficient sterilizing.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1042081 - 11/10/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How long did you let your jars cool?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
Re: A puzzling Problem. [Re: z@z.com]
    #1043887 - 11/11/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

1st of all... i did away with the degrading quote. so you wont be able to see it anymore. I cooked all the jars in a Pressure Cooker at 15 psi for one hour and i let the jars cool over night. as for the contams.. im not smelling anything other than BFR and VERM. i worked in a VERY clean evironment, and sterilized everything i worked with. I see NO signs of any contams. The reason this is so confusing is one a couple of the jars from each syringe colonized. i cant understand why some would colonize and other would not, if each of the conditions in the jars are the EXACT same. I dont think anyone knows the answer to this one

--------------------
-Albert Eistein

Edited by logicalMADNESS (11/11/02 03:02 PM)

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1043904 - 11/11/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

imho the okee jars are those which were firstly innoculated by each syringe. did u flamed till glow the needle of the syringe before passing from one jar to another?

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: A puzzling Problem. [Re: kykeon]
    #1043915 - 11/11/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Even if they were contamed, wouldn't something be happening in those jars?

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
Re: A puzzling Problem. [Re: Llamanose]
    #1044174 - 11/11/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes i wiped with an alcohol pad and flamed. and i agree with Llama, if they were contaminated shouldnt they show something. theres no sign of anything in the jars

--------------------
-Albert Eistein

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1045338 - 11/12/02 12:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

if there is no sign of anything, it could be bacteria that cant be seen easily inside the flour. if u had used whole grains, you could see it.

you mention that u alcohol them and flame them. you should do it vice versa

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1045579 - 11/12/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Could it have anything to do with being a multispore injection?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract