Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet?
    #10433604 -

seriously.............. everytime I bother to check outside late night-4am I see this very bright light just hanging in middle of the air not to far from my house- maybe it is a satellite, but I checked the NASA satelite site and according to the time schedule this can't be that.

it doesn't do such weird things but it is clearly moving around in the air, changing it's lights and sizes and is completely silent......

I don't know what to think......:confused:

anyone got any ideas?  could just be a really bright planet- but it seems very close so I really don't know, and the way it seems to shine kinda freaks me out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433616 -

Where is it relative to a known star.

The width of you hands is about 10 degrees.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10433621 -

I fucking love space.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10433623 -

there is one star about 10-30 degrees to the left of it, but that star is much further depth wise and other then that, nothing is around it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: Frost]
    #10433626 -

Frost said:
I fucking love space.



yea. space is really incredible.

lately I have been enjoying nature when I am high by myself- the depth it has is incredible. Looking up in the sky at night blows my mind......

~~especially after smoking potent dank and you get into psychedelic/weed zone and analyze the way space works

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433632 -

skatealex2 said:
there is one star about 10-30 degrees to the left of it, but that star is much further depth wise and other then that, nothing is around it



Oh, it's somewhere between 10, and 30 degrees away from a star. Well that should be easy to figure out.:facepalm::lol:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433633 -

sometimes ppl mistake venus as a ufo/star/etc.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10433638 -

maybe it is venus, gonna check it out again in a minute..............

could be I am just desperate for a UFO sighting :sad:

but this light looks like it is very close to earth- that's what I find weird

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433643 -

if it is star then :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433652 -

first time i saw venus i thought it was a ufo, it actually is pretty close looking and bright, looks like a star, i would even say it looks brighter than polaris, but its a planet.

when you look at it does it almost look like it might have blue little lines coming off all around it? i duno thats what i usually see, its weird like that.

were all made of star stuff

which is also :crazy2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10433670 -

:crochunterbaby:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10433674 -

it has like an orange glow I think- but I guess that makes sense that it's venus.  weird how it looks like it's right near earth.

It really looks like a UFO :dizope:

anyway time to pass out, hope I see a ufo one of these days

pe aC e :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433737 -

if it doesn't "twinkle"
if it lies on the same path in the sky as the sun and moon. 
then it is probably a planet.

at what time do you see it?
which direction is it?
if straight up ahead was 12 o clock; what time do you see it at?


you can download a cool free app called Stellarium

you just need to set it up for your location, then you can get a sky map in real time for yourself.


--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433774 -

I dunno, I've seen all sorts of stuff like that and you can see something on almost any night if you look long enough.

There was what appeared to be a really bright star, I was watching while out fishing.  It was sat there until 3 in the morning then I watched it decide to take off and travel over the horizon.  Me and some of the other guys were just laughing at it.

Another time there was a huge red ball flying around the sky in my town, people were getting scared in the streets and stuff, some planes chased it off and it was never spoken about again.  Nothing ever came out in the media about it.

The best time though was when I was stood about 40 foot away from a big silver disc shaped craft that appeared over my friends house then landed in the field behind it.

This sorta stuffs going on constantly and the majority of the population doesn't even bat an eyelid, stays silent or is to busy inside their house watching their TV to care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10433827 -

Its me in my space ship.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: DimensionX]
    #10433917 -

major tom is that you sitting in your tin can?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: Ego Death]
    #10434823 -

Ego Death said:
The best time though was when I was stood about 40 foot away from a big silver disc shaped craft that appeared over my friends house then landed in the field behind it.

This sorta stuffs going on constantly and the majority of the population doesn't even bat an eyelid, stays silent or is to busy inside their house watching their TV to care.



that sounds amazing! I agree- I get the feeling that catching weird shit in the sky- aka UFO's isn't really that hard- it's just that no one is looking...................

I have never seen  people scoping out the sky- their loss I guess :shrug:  I just really want to see fucking UFO!

I'm pretty sure that light is a planet, but I am going to keep my eyes open- space blows my mind when I am high!  way more interesting then sittng in front of a tv :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10434826 -

cyb3rtr0n said:
if it doesn't "twinkle"
if it lies on the same path in the sky as the sun and moon. 
then it is probably a planet.

at what time do you see it?
which direction is it?
if straight up ahead was 12 o clock; what time do you see it at?


you can download a cool free app called Stellarium

you just need to set it up for your location, then you can get a sky map in real time for yourself.



Coool, I'm gonna check this out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10436789 -

Planets are usually a bit bigger than stars and they don't twinkle.  They are pretty easy to spot but do look a bit alarming as they are big and bright.

I'm glad you enjoy sky watching.  Keep it up, theres crazy stuff happening out there.

For me - I never wanted to see a UFO, I just did.  Thats what swayed my opinion on the subject.  I often do sky watching now though and you can see weird stuff happening regularly if you take the time to look.  By weird I mean beyond reasonable astronomical explanation.

Edited by Ego Death (06/01/09 06:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck is this bright light I am always seeing? Ufo- Star- Planet? [Re: Ego Death]
    #10436869 -

Ive sen this thing recently that looked big and bright and it did twinkle/give off rays. No idea wtf it was.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Stars Little Shroom 1,316 14 08/27/03 01:03 PM
by Adom
* Stellarium - planetarium software Liquid_Dimension 477 3 09/10/09 06:46 AM
by koraks
* the 5 planets shaggy101 781 12 03/25/04 08:18 PM
by Mojo_Risin
* Counting stars by candlelight
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,996 21 12/31/03 01:41 AM
by notapillow
* Dark Star Orchestra
( 1 2 all )
OctopusDr 5,620 39 05/21/03 10:40 AM
by Adom
* Anyone into stars? NationofStrangers 540 10 02/24/06 12:27 AM
by eligal
* | Plan | Plant | Planet |
( 1 2 3 all )
EffedS 5,131 48 10/03/03 11:32 AM
by cybrbeast
* favorite dark stars underground 1,488 13 01/16/04 11:37 PM
by Pala

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,303 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.