Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! * 1
    #1039995 -

Carmelita
by Warren Zevon

I hear mariachi static on my radio
And the tubes they glow in the dark
And I'm there with you in Ensenada
And I'm here in Echo Park

Carmelita, hold me tighter
I think I'm sinking down
And I'm all strung out on heroin
On the outskirts of town

Well I pawned my Smith and Wesson
And I went to meet my man
He hangs out down on Alvarado Street
At the Pioneer Chicken stand

Carmelita, hold me tighter
I think I'm sinking down
And I'm all strung out on heroin
On the outskirts of town

Well I'm sittin' here playing solitaire
With my pearl handled deck
The county won't give me no more methadone
And they cut off your welfare check

Carmelita, hold me tighter
I think I'm sinking down
And I'm all strung out on heroin
On the outskirts of town

Carmelita, hold me tighter
I think I'm sinking down
And I'm all strung out on heroin
On the outskirts of town




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Papaver]
    #1040288 -

Woohoo! Vargas!!!
Spent many a bored moment browsing through his callendars during my long days working at an antique mall...

searching for Warren Zevon now  :wink: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Papaver]
    #1040520 -

she looks fake


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Papaver]
    #1040828 -

I've never heard the Warren Zevon version of that song. In fact i've only heard a cover of it by GG Allin on his accoustic album called "Carnival of Excess".

I love that song. I thought the Zevon version would have been more tame since GG liked to do covers of songs, and change the lyrics, but those are the exact lyrics that GG sings.

In the GG documentary "Hated" GG strums his accoustic guitar while singing that song with a heroin needle in his strings.

Great song.



--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Learyfan]
    #1040938 -

Yeah, Warren Zevon is one of those really special songwriters and performers in my book. Much like Tom Waits or Bob Dylan. They're authentic musicians who write good stories and explore the various genres of american music.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Papaver]
    #1041195 -

Zevon is one of the most underrated song writers of our time. Check out

Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun
With a Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done
The deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day
So he set out for Biafra to join the bloody fray

Through sixty-six and seven they fought the Congo war
Fingers on their triggers, knee-deep in gore
For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees
They killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese

Roland the Thompson gunner...

His comrades fought beside him - Van Owen and the rest
But of all the Thompson gunners Roland was the best
So the CIA decided they wanted Roland dead
That son-of-a-bitch Van Owen blew off Roland's head

Roland the headless Thompson gunner (Time, time, time
For another peaceful war
Norway's bravest son But time stands still for Roland
'Til he evens up the score)
They can still see his headless body stalking through the night
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun

Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
He found him in Mombassa in a barroom drinking gin
Roland aimed his Thompson gun - he didn't say a word
But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg

Roland the headless Thompson gunner...

The eternal Thompson gunner, still wandering through the night
Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun
And bought it




Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun
With a Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done
The deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day
So he set out for Biafra to join the bloody fray

Through sixty-six and seven they fought the Congo war
Fingers on their triggers, knee-deep in gore
For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees
They killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese

Roland the Thompson gunner...

His comrades fought beside him - Van Owen and the rest
But of all the Thompson gunners Roland was the best
So the CIA decided they wanted Roland dead
That son-of-a-bitch Van Owen blew off Roland's head

Roland the headless Thompson gunner (Time, time, time
For another peaceful war
Norway's bravest son But time stands still for Roland
'Til he evens up the score)
They can still see his headless body stalking through the night
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun

Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
He found him in Mombassa in a barroom drinking gin
Roland aimed his Thompson gun - he didn't say a word
But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg

Roland the headless Thompson gunner...

The eternal Thompson gunner, still wandering through the night
Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun
And bought it




--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Papaver]
    #1041201 -

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Send lawyers, guns and money...


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hold Me Tighter, Carmelita! [Re: Ripple]
    #1041286 -

> Send lawyers, guns and money...

And please hurry! :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Warren Zevon - Carmelita Madtowntripper 516 2 11/26/07 06:58 PM
by Ripple
* Critical commentary about Hunter S. Thompson SlackerKM 1,713 9 02/28/05 02:52 PM
by mantis
* Hunter S. Thompson shot self while talking with wife OrangeVWCamper 2,196 12 02/25/05 06:31 PM
by Arp
* Hunter Thompsons Ashes mixed w/ fireworks en route to woody creek C20H25N3O 1,177 3 08/20/05 12:12 AM
by MushmanTheManic
* Thompsons remains kill bystander in freak accident Dreamer987 2,827 18 02/23/05 06:38 PM
by Learyfan
* Depp Arranges Shooting of Thompson's Ashes RandalFlagg 741 3 05/27/05 09:48 AM
by afoaf
* Hunter S. Thompson shot himself today
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
FeveredEgo 11,798 102 02/23/05 12:15 PM
by TheDudeAbides
* Hunter S Thompson Kills Himself LeastResistance 1,103 3 02/20/05 11:26 PM
by delta9

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,987 topic views. 6 members, 23 guests and 255 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.