Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Fishing..............
    #10375629 -

OK I've been real busy so far this year  :bouncysmoke: haven't got a chance to get out there and fish anyone catch anything nice lately ?  :fishing:
Witch do you prefer Salt or Fresh water and why ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10375652 -

i still gotta get my lazy ass up to go,, cant wait though! i :heart: fishing!


--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10375673 -

ive been skunked so far this year but Ive only been out twice, I got a good size perch in the ice hut this year ( 2.3 lbs) other than that no luck yet, I'll fish anywhere but, seeing how i live in Ontario im sorta limited to my salt water activities hahah, but i have been in the past and really enjoyed it, you never know what yiou're gonna hook into on the high seas and to me that's exciting, but so is hooking into a nice pickerel or bass for that matter, happy fishin'


--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: tripp23]
    #10375681 -

i love packing a bowl and just waiting for that 1st bite i haven't got my fishing license yet  :foreheadslap: but i think I'm going to wait because i haven't fished salt water in years !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10375741 -

I've got a few rainbows, a salmon,(all within a 5 min time span using a hot pink mexican wedding ring :rofl:) a 14in largemouth, and most likely a state record sized (probably around 2.5ft) largemouth that got away. I fucking hate myself for that. :frown: At least he didn't take my favorite rapalla.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: OogieBoogie]
    #10375749 -

I've never caught a fish in my entire life, sometimes I feel like there's a special technique that everybody besides me is aware of...:paranoid:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375816 -

my father once told me.. that's why they call it fishing, not catching!


--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #10375822 -

They also call it catching fish. :tongue:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375873 -

Poid, what do you fish for and what do you use as far as bait/lures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Mankey]
    #10375891 -

I fish for whatever I can catch, and I usually use whatever bait/lures I can buy at Wal-Mart. Even when I'm fishing with other people who use the same equipment as I am using, I usually am the only one who never catches a fish. :mad2:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375904 -

Haha. That's how I used to be. Are you a smoker? Do you use sunscreen or bug spray before you touch your lures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375907 -

I find it helpful to try different delivery and speeds, depending on the temperature conditions etc. one would be surprised the results of experimenting with retrieval speeds, of course assuming you're using lures


--------------------
..."I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". ....Syd Barrett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #10375919 -

Thats definitely true. If you're fishing for predator fish like pike/bass, they usually like faster reeling speeds. I've also found that the size/color of your hardware (swivels/leaders) seems to matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #10375920 -

Mankey said:
Haha. That's how I used to be. Are you a smoker? Do you use sunscreen or bug spray before you touch your lures?



I smoke occasionally, like a pack every three weeks or so, if that. I smoke weed whenever I can get my hands on it. Does smoking affect fishing somehow?

I never wear sunscreen or bug spray.



rhizomorphic said:
I find it helpful to try different delivery and speeds, depending on the temperature conditions etc. one would be surprised the results of experimenting with retrieval speeds, of course assuming you're using lures



I just don't understand the whole dynamic of fishing; what more is there to it than putting some bait on a hook, and casting your line? :justdontknow:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: rhizomorphic]
    #10375927 -

was fishing with my dad this past weekend, i caught 2 large mouth bass about 3 lbs a piece, a pike but it wasnt too big, and a nice size bluegill. my dads got a ranger bass boat with a mariner 150 on it, the boat flys, we've hit about 75-80mph in it :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: MkUltra117]
    #10375929 -

Does anybody have any advice on how to catch fish at a beach?


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375938 -

I smoke about a pack a day and I've noticed that when I smoke and handle my bait without washing my hands off, I seem to have much, much worse luck. I'm almost positive there is a correlation. Fish don't like sunscreen or bug spray either. You should try taking your lures (ones that look like the fish's prey) and leaving them in a container with a bunch of ground up whatever they eat for a couple days. I bet you'll have some luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375944 -

Poid said:
Mankey said:
Haha. That's how I used to be. Are you a smoker? Do you use sunscreen or bug spray before you touch your lures?



I smoke occasionally, like a pack every three weeks or so, if that. I smoke weed whenever I can get my hands on it. Does smoking affect fishing somehow?

I never wear sunscreen or bug spray.



rhizomorphic said:
I find it helpful to try different delivery and speeds, depending on the temperature conditions etc. one would be surprised the results of experimenting with retrieval speeds, of course assuming you're using lures



I just don't understand the whole dynamic of fishing; what more is there to it than putting some bait on a hook, and casting your line? :justdontknow:



smoking makes it that much better especially when you get a hit on the line while inhaling lol !
i like to use rubberworms for the bass around here they seem to love em especially motor oil !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Poid]
    #10375945 -

Poid said:
Does anybody have any advice on how to catch fish at a beach?



It's important that you reel in as parallel as you can to the direction of the waves. A lot of times, the fish won't swim toward the shore when they're that close.

Quote:
smoking makes it that much better especially when you get a hit on the line while inhaling lol !
i like to use rubberworms for the bass around here they seem to love em especially motor oil !



I love it just as much as the next guy, but I always rinse my hands before handling my lures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fishing.............. [Re: Mankey]
    #10375950 -

Yeah, I definitely don't smoke enough for it to make my hands constantly smell like it...


I will try out your advice someday, thanks! :thumbup:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thais Catch 646-Pound Fish automanM 1,055 8 06/30/05 12:00 PM
by PaulAtreides
* Huuuge Fish LuciferSam 1,221 16 12/29/06 12:14 AM
by hoopershroomer
* The Adom & Iluan's fishing chronicles..
( 1 2 3 all )
iluan 6,137 49 08/02/04 07:54 PM
by notapillow
* 646-Pound Fish vinsue 568 2 06/30/05 03:10 PM
by Noetical
* Fishing Blues
( 1 2 all )
Adom 5,072 32 08/22/04 09:13 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* Anyone go fishing?
( 1 2 all )
stickyicky13 4,600 25 01/23/07 07:30 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* CATFISH vinsue 1,252 16 01/30/05 04:40 PM
by blissedout
* i cawt some catfish Psychoslut 936 10 09/14/04 09:52 PM
by AlmaTron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,367 topic views. 5 members, 128 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.