Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark?
    #10300807 -

Anyone ever heard anything about Phil "The Unabomber" Laak doing shrooms?

He is a pro Poker player (dating hottie Jennifer Tilly, by the way) and I swore Bob Safai (another player) called him Philocybin several times tonight on Poker After Dark on NBC. I am going to look that shit up, but anyone else who knows anything or is a good net scrounger should let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10301129 -

Haha, I actually saw that and thought it was pretty interesting that they were talking about mushrooms at the poker table right on tv. Not many other players knew what he was talking about though. Maybe he posts here.


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Devlish2]
    #10301244 -

Ha! Yeah i do do shrooms,
i'm glad you guys finally picked up on it :smile2:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Devlish2]
    #10302552 -

At first I thought I heard wrong, I'm glad I'm not going crazy.

I looked it up and nothing came up, at least early this AM right after it happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10302583 -

i actually know, or i should say knew, phil. and yes he smokes bud and tripz.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Taco Chef]
    #10303346 -

I love watching poker stoned, I can't believe he actually wanted to bet on how many times he did mushrooms, hahaha. That's pretty awesome. I'd love to meet Phil.


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Devlish2]
    #10303521 -

im so glad somebody else saw this, i swear i head them say silocybin a couple time and thought i heard wrong!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: mycomatt024]
    #10303855 -

I didn't hear everything, so if you know what was said (or close), that would be awesome.

All I heard was Philocybin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10304713 -

OH right, he's been calling him that because he blurted in the previous episode "Let's bet on how many times I did psylocybin!"

Then everyone was like "What's that?!"

And he said "A mind altering drug" then he just continued and said something like "Or any drug in general."

It was pretty funny.

I thought you saw the same ep as me but it was probably the one after because in the previews for the next one (which I missed) he called him Philocybin


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Devlish2]
    #10306294 -

You kick ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10313511 -

In 2008, Phil Laak, inspired by the almighty Knoxville, dressed up as an old-ass man for day one of the WSOP Main Event. He kicks ass too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10313652 -

Yeah, I saw that one, where they showed him as an old man at the tourney.  That was hilarious.  It's pretty clever, really.  No one would know how you play lol :money:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Coffee]
    #10315188 -

He has always been one of my favorite players.

Him, Daniel Negreanu, Mike Matusow, Erick Lindgren, Phil Hellmuth Jr., and Doyle Brunson.

Don't like Phil Ivey, Scotty Nguyen (although I respect the shit out of him as one of the all-time best players), Alan Cunningham.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10315214 -

I actually don't care for Laak too much, but that was a pretty funny stunt.

Hellmuth pisses me off because he's always sticking his knuckles into is mouth. :lol:

Doyle is definitely good.  I'm not saying that Laak or Hellmuth [especially] aren't good; they just get to me for some reason.  I like Scotty Nguyen a lot, ever since I saw him getting trashed (and winnig 1st) in the '08 HORSE WSOP.  That's an extremely prestigious bracelet to be drinking a bunch of alcohol during the event.  Hats off to him :awesome:

Has anyone else seen that event?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Coffee]
    #10315251 -

Scotty was an amazing player when he won his HORSE bracelet, a hard one to win, and a total prick too. I saw most of it.

Laak isn't the best player, but he is very entertaining. Hellmuth is super obnoxious but funnier than shit when he blows up. I do agree he looks retarded when he puts his hands in his mouth. He is also one of the best players in the world.

Edited by Twiztidsage (05/09/09 11:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10315486 -

Twiztidsage said:
He has always been one of my favorite players.

Him, Daniel Negreanu, Mike Matusow, Erick Lindgren, Phil Hellmuth Jr., and Doyle Brunson.

Don't like Phil Ivey, Scotty Nguyen (although I respect the shit out of him as one of the all-time best players), Alan Cunningham.



Man, I love Phil Ivey and I see no reason to dislike Cunningham. He's just a nerd.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: jewunit]
    #10315497 -

Do not get me wrong. They are both PHENOMINAL players, just not that fun to watch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10315502 -

Ha, I love watching Ivey, some of the faces he makes (which are subtle since he doesn't make many at all) are hilarious. I like the way he plays too, I can't believe he doesn't have more decoration.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: jewunit]
    #10315510 -

I just plain love poker, and am excited as shit to learn to deal it professionally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phil "Philocybin" Laak on Poker After Dark? [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10315521 -

I wish I would have continued playing at the level and frequency I did when I was a sophomore and junior in high school. I played multiple times a day and was starting to get legitimately good. My dad had a friend who held a 100+ person tournament every month, and I took it down a few times. Got invited to the smaller weekly games and won plenty of those. I was by far the youngest kid playing so that made it cooler.

Stopped playing as much my senior year and completely stopped when I got to college. I started playing micro/small limit online games, but I miss playing in person tournaments. I'm not so good anymore though.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* phil and freinds recap notapillow 1,009 16 05/17/05 07:19 PM
by notapillow
* !~-~- PHIL LESH AND FREINDS 5/19 WARFIELD -~-~!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 4,285 23 05/25/06 10:58 PM
by notapillow
* Question for fans of Poker deadHead321 1,157 10 11/10/06 11:16 AM
by RoosterCogburn
* Dr. Phil's amazing personality test!
( 1 2 3 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 7,390 49 10/18/03 01:28 AM
by jtseaweed
* First Dark Star Ochestra Concert! LthirdSeyeD 2,090 14 11/08/04 08:29 PM
by daimyo
* Phil notapillow 692 12 02/07/06 08:51 PM
by Hefe
* Grateful Dead Video - "Playboy After Dark" 69-07-10 Phychotron 1,343 9 06/23/05 02:55 AM
by PaulAtreides
* What's with this poker fad?
( 1 2 3 all )
question_for_joo 4,691 44 07/26/10 11:44 AM
by SoBeIt

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,943 topic views. 2 members, 259 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.