Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cakes in a drawer?
    #10297419 -

So I have some freshly-sterilized jars which I'm going to be injecting some chitwan strain spores into once they've cooled enough, and I was wondering if there would be any significant downside to using a wooden dresser drawer to incubate them. I've sprayed the inside down with a bleach solution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: franc]
    #10297442 -

Check temps. But otherwise should be perfect.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10297474 -

Of the drawer? Well it's mid-spring here, so it's always going to be room temperature and above. I've heard that it's not really worth it to heat up the incubation chamber too much, since it could potentially speed up the growth of possible contaminants above the rate of mycelial growth. Is there any truth to this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: franc]
    #10297477 -

franc said:
So I have some freshly-sterilized jars which I'm going to be injecting some chitwan strain spores into once they've cooled enough, and I was wondering if there would be any significant downside to using a wooden dresser drawer to incubate them. I've sprayed the inside down with a bleach solution.



yeah it'll be fine. just make sure temps arnt any higher than ~84*F in there. You dont have to worry about contam. yes you should follow sterile procedure but alot of people make it out to be a bigger deal than it really is. your shit will be fine its inside of jars.


--------------------
ʋɳʛɼɑʈɛʄʋɭɖɛɑɗ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: shroomiin]
    #10297490 -

if you keep  the jars around 76*f i think thats prime temp. for colonization. again don't worry about contam. just wipe all your utensies with alcohol and your good.


--------------------
ʋɳʛɼɑʈɛʄʋɭɖɛɑɗ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: shroomiin]
    #10297509 -

Interesting post. When the time comes to give cultivating a try, I am also considering using a drawer for incubation. I am glad to hear I'm not alone on this.


--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10297512 -

haha im sure a large number of people on these boards keep their colonizing stuff in drawrs.


--------------------
ʋɳʛɼɑʈɛʄʋɭɖɛɑɗ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes in a drawer? [Re: shroomiin]
    #10297634 -

Thanks for the input everyone!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What to do? 3 cakes birthed _JJ_ 1,969 6 11/29/01 10:06 PM
by DrJoseph
* My mother fucking cakes!!!!!! KingOftheThing 1,612 13 11/17/02 01:08 PM
by Teon
* STrAW in the CAkeS!!!! Anonymous 907 4 05/21/02 12:13 PM
by mushman420
* How do I Reanimate my Cakes? DOONEY 675 2 01/04/02 05:11 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* What to do with these P strain cakes/casings? strain 2,636 1 04/20/02 06:08 PM
by World Spirit
* Cakes into Casing Boppity604 582 1 07/08/02 08:06 AM
by GreyMatter
* Re: Will skunky smelling perlite contaminate my cakes? Anonymous 1,057 3 07/14/00 02:59 PM
by Anonymous
* FRESH VS. DRIED rice_cake 897 3 11/15/01 12:49 PM
by psilocybinjunkie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
370 topic views. 5 members, 242 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.