Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Phluck]
    #10273695 -

Phluck said:
My point being, the reason I don't believe in god is because I have never seen anything that remotely seems like evidence that there is a god. Of any definition. Thinking up a definition for god that can't possibly be tested, and therefore can't be disproved doesn't make god any more real.



Exactly, and for those who believe, we believe because we have seen.

Not all of us, their are millions of believers who were just raised this way, and only believe what their books or doctrines tell them to believe.

Their are millions of people waking up to a new belief these days, this belief comes from their own mind, which you might say they have made it up. Their have always been many people who have formed their own beliefs, because the majority of religions don't make sense.


Many of us have proof from our own life's experience. Whether it be witnessing a miracle, experiencing one, or feeling a strong connection to all life and energy on this planet.

I see God often, their are small things that you may or may never see. Once you understand the whole picture, you can see God at work in many things.


People from all cultures, did not start believing in God because they are scared, or insecure. From the Dawn of time, man has felt a connection with this God, and has been trying to figure it out ever since.





--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (05/02/09 02:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10274092 -

But what does any of that proove? You've seen lots of things, but how do you know that what you saw was a reflection of reality, or just something dreamed up by your subconcious. People have seen god, and have him tell them that they need to start a race war in order to kill off the negroes. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean its true.

I've had trips where I honestly believed I had tapped into some kind of magical connection to the minds of everyone in the world and was sending healing vibes all over.

Later, I thought about it, and decided that it's a lot more reasonable to think that this was just an experience brought about through my subconcious... not actual reality.

I've seen, I've believed, I learned to think, and I stopped believing.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Phluck]
    #10274121 -

Phluck said:
But what does any of that proove? You've seen lots of things, but how do you know that what you saw was a reflection of reality, or just something dreamed up by your subconcious. People have seen god, and have him tell them that they need to start a race war in order to kill off the negroes. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean its true.

I've had trips where I honestly believed I had tapped into some kind of magical connection to the minds of everyone in the world and was sending healing vibes all over.

Later, I thought about it, and decided that it's a lot more reasonable to think that this was just an experience brought about through my subconcious... not actual reality.

I've seen, I've believed, I learned to think, and I stopped believing.



I agree.  This is a good mindframe in order to separate reality from LaLa Land.

Sandman, do you honestly believe you have seen God? :lol:

I would like to trip with you.

Not because I want to fuck with you, I just think we would have some deep talks.


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Phluck]
    #10274146 -

I'm not just talking about what I've seen or felt in my trips. Like many others, I have been in situations in life,  where in all aspects of reality I should have died. By the skin of my teeth I magically made it through some of those moments, in no way in hell would it have happened without the interference of some sort of God.

On the lesser of these instances. Take last week for example. A month ago I applied for a new job, no emails, no calls nothing. Then one morning I am taking a shower, and say a quick prayer for a chance to work in this industry.

I get out of the shower, get dressed, go downstairs and their is a message on the phone.
Interview tomorrow at 10:30. Needless to say I got the job.

Pure coincidence? Maybe to an outsider this one instance can be called that, but not when you live like this everyday and things like this happen all the time. They called me 2 weeks after the closing date for the position, so I had long given up and started applying elsewhere. Something that morning told me to pray, because it is not like I prayed everyday for that job. Infact, I only prayed once, and that one time worked.

Prayer and intuition are hard facts of believers that their is a God.

Sometimes they answer prayer, sometimes they don't. Either way its always for our own good.

I think we can all relate to intuition as well...


--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10274243 -

Swyfty Swyf said:
I agree.  This is a good mind frame in order to separate reality from LaLa Land.

Sandman, do you honestly believe you have seen God? :lol:

I would like to trip with you.

Not because I want to fuck with you, I just think we would have some deep talks.




lol...no. But you can join my cult, it comes with a free sham-wow!:foreheadslap:
We would have some good trips though, I do acid with a friend about once a year. He is atheist, we talk and debate in a very friendly open matter. We both come out learning more about ourselves, and our beliefs. What is a belief if it is not open to be challenged? Oh wait thats the Catholics...:rolleyes:

But seriously....

I would not say I have seen God, but I do believe I know how to listen when they speak.
One night I had an experience, this experience was unlike the 100 or so trips before it. It was special, it was weird, it was in no way like mushrooms at all really.

Something in my mind was set off, uncontrollable laughter. I could not stop for nearly 10 minutes, I literally went to take a piss and laughed the whole time. (This is where believers and unbelievers will say I went INSANE...rightfully so.)

As I returned to my place of comfort, I could feel a presence in my mind. Almost like it was knocking on my skull until I tried to listen. But these were not words, they were thoughts,

"can you hear me?"

This thought was not spoken aloud, but pure thought, fighting with my thoughts to stop so I would listen.

I gave in, I started conversing in my mind with what I believe is God. Now, I didn't really do much talking, but I did interrupt a few times. I am not schizo, but you shall believe this, regardless it changed my life.

It was the happiest experience of my life, God did not give me divine revelation on what to do with the world, or to preach a message. All he did was tell me crazy jokes about how ironic he made life, many much to complex and way far out of my mental capabilities for my subconscious to create. I know our minds can make things up, but their where things revealed to me that I had NO way of knowing, these things where given to me as proof that the experience was real.

It was in no way an experience as one would think with God,
(scared prophet writing down the agenda of an angry, stern God)

It was hilarious and filled with joy. I have never been so happy, ever. When it was over I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. Insane geometric patterns twinkling in red,green, and blue hover over me. I can touch them with my hands and move them from side to side.

When God came to me he had a reason, and I will not get into that because I'm sure the flaming is already in full force. But to my understanding, God is nothing but pure love, pure energy, and the greatest joker in the world.

I believe the only way I came in contact with the thoughts of God is because I had ascended into a higher state of consciousness. A state where laughter is the norm, where happiness is not hard to come by.

All this believers and non-believers will write off, and rightly so. I would not believe some crazy asshole on the internet either. This is not my motive. I am explaining why I believe so strongly.

Their was also physical proof that night, on a number of occasions. I have a small hole in the floor of my bathroom about the size of thumbtack. It is still their to remind me of that night.


I am not trying to get anyone to believe in God. But if by chance things in your life could be better, then give God a try.

You need no Church.

You need no Doctrine.

You need a happy, clean, clear mind. A mind that can accept its beliefs or unbelief's as false and start over. This does not come easy, but with a little work.


I am a gambling man - Sinner most will say. But when it comes to spirituality, I suggest you all take the odds that their IS a God.:sunny:



If I am wrong- I lose nothing.
If you are wrong - you lose it all.


--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10274280 -

blewmeanie said:
sandman_130 said:
DeathCompany said:
Statisticons_win said:
i never once told anyone how to feel about beief systems.  I said basically calling someone stubborn because of the way  they believe is ridiculous cause it is solely contingent upon experience.

Me, i believe in beings of power.  You, I can't make you if you won't.





I never said you told people how to feel i just pointed out the fact that you said the subject was boring but had the incredible urge to tell everyone  about how boring it is to you. Just contradictory.

I believe in different forms of higher power I just feel that most (if not all) religions are disgusting.




Most people that believe in a God, or Gods, will agree with this statement. That is, if they aren't apart of these organizations.:shrug:

I for one find it highly unlikely that any religion could be truth, sure some parts may be derived from original truth, but the catholic church and numerous leaders have changed and twisted the christian belief to suite their needs.

Most bible believing Christians don't really know what they believe.



What I find more unlikely is that the moon is 400x larger than the sun, but the sun is exactly 400x farther away, thus enabling the perfect alignment of the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse. I believe this to be one of the many signs God gives us to show us that the chances of this happening by chance is fairly ridiculous.

Not to mention the pure calculation and many factors that enable life on earth, the slightest change in any of them, and we would not be here.

Through science we have come to understand them, but many scientist agree that it is more likely the work of intelligent design, rather than a random act of events in perfect coordination that would make the odds in Vegas look tantalizing.

Source?! :rabble:



The sun and moon aren't in perfect alignment.




Not to mention the moon is WAY SMALLER THAN the sun lol. In the picture there is earth. The moon is roughly 1/4 earths size.





And the whole 400x farther away is wrong too.  The moon is roughly 221,560 miles away (depends on where the moon is at the time) and the sun is 93 million miles away.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: DieCommie]
    #10274293 -

Qubit said:
I think thats the biggest mistake most atheists (especially on this site) make.  Their atheism is based on an anti-christian mindset, not a logical argument.



We have a winner!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10276076 -

Yeah, you were tripping, dude.

That was you in your head, not God.

Give yourself a little credit.

Did you really think the moon was 400x larger than the sun?

What the fuck, Clarence?


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10276109 -

You could fit 4,000,000 of our  moons in the sun.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10276130 -

Atheist's have just made up their mind just like people who do believe in god. Then you have non-believers become believers and believers turn non-believers.
Such is the game of life.



--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10276158 -

Then there are agnostics who won't say either way, atheists who believe Gog is highly unlikely, and believers who have doubt.

I think all believers have doubt, really, but they are either scared or too proud to admit it.


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10276164 -

I have always hated that game.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: drift]
    #10276326 -

drift said:
What about agnostics?




Agnostics are obviously correct because there is no fucking way for something as small as us to really know what the fuck is going on. :heart:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: igwna]
    #10276425 -

agnosticism isn't an althernative to atheism or theism.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: g00ru]
    #10276446 -

its not the same as either, though.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: igwna]
    #10276478 -

I believe that most people are agnostic.
They just don't want to appear undecided so they jump on the wagon that suits them the most.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10276851 -

DeathCompany said:
blewmeanie said:
sandman_130 said:
DeathCompany said:
I never said you told people how to feel i just pointed out the fact that you said the subject was boring but had the incredible urge to tell everyone  about how boring it is to you. Just contradictory.

I believe in different forms of higher power I just feel that most (if not all) religions are disgusting.




Most people that believe in a God, or Gods, will agree with this statement. That is, if they aren't apart of these organizations.:shrug:

I for one find it highly unlikely that any religion could be truth, sure some parts may be derived from original truth, but the catholic church and numerous leaders have changed and twisted the christian belief to suite their needs.

Most bible believing Christians don't really know what they believe.



What I find more unlikely is that the moon is 400x larger than the sun, but the sun is exactly 400x farther away, thus enabling the perfect alignment of the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse. I believe this to be one of the many signs God gives us to show us that the chances of this happening by chance is fairly ridiculous.

Not to mention the pure calculation and many factors that enable life on earth, the slightest change in any of them, and we would not be here.

Through science we have come to understand them, but many scientist agree that it is more likely the work of intelligent design, rather than a random act of events in perfect coordination that would make the odds in Vegas look tantalizing.

Source?! :rabble:



The sun and moon aren't in perfect alignment.




Not to mention the moon is WAY SMALLER THAN the sun lol. In the picture there is earth. The moon is roughly 1/4 earths size.





And the whole 400x farther away is wrong too.  The moon is roughly 221,560 miles away (depends on where the moon is at the time) and the sun is 93 million miles away.



Yeah, most people just don't understand how our planets move.

The moon is in an elliptical orbit around the earth, and the earth is in an elliptical orbit around the sun. Over time they are bound to fall into alignment no matter how big they are.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10276895 -

Quote:
On the lesser of these instances. Take last week for example. A month ago I applied for a new job, no emails, no calls nothing. Then one morning I am taking a shower, and say a quick prayer for a chance to work in this industry.

I get out of the shower, get dressed, go downstairs and their is a message on the phone.
Interview tomorrow at 10:30. Needless to say I got the job.

Pure coincidence? Maybe to an outsider this one instance can be called that, but not when you live like this everyday and things like this happen all the time. They called me 2 weeks after the closing date for the position, so I had long given up and started applying elsewhere. Something that morning told me to pray, because it is not like I prayed everyday for that job. Infact, I only prayed once, and that one time worked.





Of course its pure coincidence. Do you know what confirmation bias is? It's when you only remember the times that seem to confirm your belief.

Everyone has had weird coincidences and times when they were lucky in their lives. Thousands of them. It would be VERY weird if you didn't.

But how many times have you prayed with no astonishing results? Thousands?

If you pray for things that could quite possibly happen to you, then it's not exactly magic that they do. You applied for a job you're qualified for, and got it. How could anyone possibly think that's evidence of anything mystical?

Yesterday I was trying to cross the street, and there were cars rushing back and forth, I could have been killed! So I prayed for a solution, and magically, the lights turned red, the cars stopped, and I was able to cross. Any enlightened person can see that this is concrete proof of god's existence!

When you pray for the ability to levitate, and its granted to you, let me know.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10276909 -

Quote:
It was the happiest experience of my life, God did not give me divine revelation on what to do with the world, or to preach a message. All he did was tell me crazy jokes about how ironic he made life, many much to complex and way far out of my mental capabilities for my subconscious to create. I know our minds can make things up, but their where things revealed to me that I had NO way of knowing, these things where given to me as proof that the experience was real.



This is a key fallacy of many believers, that either their personal experiences, or life on earth, or the universe, or whatever is so wonderful that it couldn't possibly come from anything other than god... which makes as much sense as saying that they're so wonderful that god couldn't possibly have created them.

Why couldn't your mind have created these things? Do you think so little of yourself that you don't think your subconcious is capable of thinking up a few jokes? You'd be suprised what you're actually capable of.

Also, do you have an example of a joke or whatever that couldn't possibly be created by your subconcious? If not, how could you even judge something that you don't specifically remember?

Quote:
What I find more unlikely is that the moon is 400x larger than the sun, but the sun is exactly 400x farther away, thus enabling the perfect alignment of the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse. I believe this to be one of the many signs God gives us to show us that the chances of this happening by chance is fairly ridiculous.



As has already been pointed out, these "facts" about the solar system are totally incorrect. Sometimes people might use a good round number like that to give you a rough idea of the size or distance of something, but its not exact. Not at all.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Edited by Phluck (05/03/09 05:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10277388 -

Swyfty Swyf said:
Yeah, you were tripping, dude.

That was you in your head, not God.

Give yourself a little credit.

Did you really think the moon was 400x larger than the sun?

What the fuck, Clarence?





http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/why.html

I never said the moon was larger than the sun.


--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Squirrels high on crack cocaine
( 1 2 all )
Bi0TeK 2,938 23 10/24/22 07:38 PM
by durian_2008
* Stubborn people and misinformation
( 1 2 all )
kake 2,548 23 08/17/05 01:46 PM
by Shroomism
* Stupid Idiots.... Mighty Bop 960 12 05/16/05 01:03 PM
by mantis
* A dead squirrel is dead. TubOlucinogens 1,058 16 08/08/05 01:26 AM
by Shroomism
* STUPID BICH SCRACHED ME, CAME INTO MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
planit 5,612 53 03/21/20 07:15 PM
by Texas Honey Badger
* Toking squirrel. Superunknown 1,919 16 12/13/02 04:57 PM
by Superunknown
* Stupid is, or Stupid does? Silversoul 799 8 04/03/05 12:24 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Fsck you Dick Cheney you silly old tyrant bastard [Proof @inside]
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
kronnyQ 11,043 114 04/14/05 01:06 PM
by Tao

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,049 topic views. 5 members, 29 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.