Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10272520 - 05/02/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

Statisticons_win said:
i never once told anyone how to feel about beief systems.  I said basically calling someone stubborn because of the way  they believe is ridiculous cause it is solely contingent upon experience.

Me, i believe in beings of power.  You, I can't make you if you won't.

I never said you told people how to feel i just pointed out the fact that you said the subject was boring but had the incredible urge to tell everyone  about how boring it is to you. Just contradictory.

I believe in different forms of higher power I just feel that most (if not all) religions are disgusting.

Most people that believe in a God, or Gods, will agree with this statement. That is, if they aren't apart of these organizations.:shrug:

I for one find it highly unlikely that any religion could be truth, sure some parts may be derived from original truth, but the catholic church and numerous leaders have changed and twisted the christian belief to suite their needs.

Most bible believing Christians don't really know what they believe.

What I find more unlikely is that the moon is 400x larger than the sun, but the sun is exactly 400x farther away, thus enabling the perfect alignment of the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse. I believe this to be one of the many signs God gives us to show us that the chances of this happening by chance is fairly ridiculous.

Not to mention the pure calculation and many factors that enable life on earth, the slightest change in any of them, and we would not be here.

Through science we have come to understand them, but many scientist agree that it is more likely the work of intelligent design, rather than a random act of events in perfect coordination that would make the odds in Vegas look tantalizing.

Source?! :rabble:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: sandman_130]
    #10272539 - 05/02/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

In the matter of religion no one is correct. Saying there is no God is just as right as saying there is a God. With no proof on either sides both points are equally right and equally wrong.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #10272545 - 05/02/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think most atheists and smart people that believe in god agree with each other and just use different language.

I'd describe myself as an atheist, and the god I don't believe in is a supernatural being that created and controls the universe (or pretty much just any supernatural being).  But a logos, some sort of central gnosis?  Yeah, I could definitely believe in that.  There has to be something fundamental about the universe, right?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: g00ru]
    #10272579 - 05/02/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Dude the statement Atheists are stupid and stubborn is a stubborn remark, im not atheist but it's ignorance like this that piss me off.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: PreparationH]
    #10272615 - 05/02/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Dude the statement Atheists are stupid and stubborn is a stubborn remark, im not atheist but it's ignorance like this that piss me off.

I never said they were stupid and stubborn. I said...."Atheist's AREN'T Stupid, they ARE stubborn"

Most of the atheist's I know in real life, and have as friends, are highly intelligent.

More so than say a fundamentalist Christian.

But one thing that pops up, whether it be their dis-belief in a God or ultimate source of power, or just any belief in particular. IMO they have been very stubborn, and are so set in their ways that it takes more than just proof to sway their minds into another realm of thinking.

Its not just the battle of God living or fake, every subject seems to take an untold amount of energy to debate with an atheist's. As IMO experience, they are very smart, and also very stubborn.

Now before I Get flamed, don't called me narrow minded or say I am stubborn because I believe and this and that.

Not every person who believes in God on the shroomery is a fundamentalist christian.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #10272627 - 05/02/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

Statisticons_win said:
i never once told anyone how to feel about beief systems.  I said basically calling someone stubborn because of the way  they believe is ridiculous cause it is solely contingent upon experience.

Me, i believe in beings of power.  You, I can't make you if you won't.

I never said you told people how to feel i just pointed out the fact that you said the subject was boring but had the incredible urge to tell everyone  about how boring it is to you. Just contradictory.

I believe in different forms of higher power I just feel that most (if not all) religions are disgusting.

Most people that believe in a God, or Gods, will agree with this statement. That is, if they aren't apart of these organizations.:shrug:

I for one find it highly unlikely that any religion could be truth, sure some parts may be derived from original truth, but the catholic church and numerous leaders have changed and twisted the christian belief to suite their needs.

Most bible believing Christians don't really know what they believe.

What I find more unlikely is that the moon is 400x larger than the sun, but the sun is exactly 400x farther away, thus enabling the perfect alignment of the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse. I believe this to be one of the many signs God gives us to show us that the chances of this happening by chance is fairly ridiculous.

Not to mention the pure calculation and many factors that enable life on earth, the slightest change in any of them, and we would not be here.

Through science we have come to understand them, but many scientist agree that it is more likely the work of intelligent design, rather than a random act of events in perfect coordination that would make the odds in Vegas look tantalizing.

Source?! :rabble:

The sun and moon aren't in perfect alignment.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10272648 - 05/02/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

atheists are win but anti-theists are better.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: druqs]
    #10272668 - 05/02/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Stubborn?...lol

Sorry but I know the difference between fantasy and reality....lol A sky fairy....No I do not buy into something that has no evidence, and that was spewed from 2000 year old, bronze age myths, written by goat herders?

Which of the thousands of gods are the real god...lol

Imaginary friends are cute when you are a child, as a grown up it's a delusion.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Rocker232]
    #10272687 - 05/02/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
In the matter of religion no one is correct. Saying there is no God is just as right as saying there is a God. With no proof on either sides both points are equally right and equally wrong.

So you believe in underwear gnomes!!!!

Can't prove they do not exist! :funny:

Yes you can answer this question, evidence and burden of prof. On one side there is absolutely no evidence. On the other side, proves that there is no, and can not be a sky fairy.

The earth is NOT 5000 years old, this is fact....

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."~ Richard Dawkins

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #10272709 - 05/02/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You are using arguments against the validity of Christianity to substantiate a belief in no god.  That doesnt work dude.  Rocker never even mention the Christian myths you dispute; he mentioned god.

Like nearly always, your (presumed) atheism seems to be a reaction against the Christianity of your country and not a belief system reached by logic alone.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: DieCommie]
    #10272720 - 05/02/09 10:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Qubit said:
You are using arguments against the validity of Christianity to substantiate a belief in no god.  That doesnt work dude.  Rocker never even mention the Christian myths you dispute; he mentioned god.

Like nearly always, your (presumed) atheism seems to be a reaction against the Christianity of your country and not a belief system reached by logic alone.

It still applies, but you are right about my reaction.

So which god?  Here is a very short list.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#10272724 - 05/02/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:

Yes you can answer this question, evidence and burden of prof. On one side there is absolutely no evidence. On the other side, proves that there is no, and can not be a sky fairy.

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."~ Richard Dawkins

Please show me your proof. Let me also state that I do not believe in God. And if you're basing "God" off of the Bible then I don't even need to argue you with you, as Christianity is not the only religion to believe in God and is not even that old itself. We are debating the existence of a higher power, not man's version of God who punishes people.

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #10272732 - 05/02/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think that it's stubbornness more like atheists think along the lines that they don't have to prove that something they can't see isn't there, but that theists should be proving their god exists.  Im agnostic I think choosing either side takes faith.

97% of America's scientists are atheists and i lean more toward atheism too. Also, check this http://timeinmoments.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/study-suggests-higher-intelligence-decreases-belief-in-god/

I'm not attacking anyone but if a god created man, why did he make all the morons believe in him while leaving the most intelligent to brush itoff

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: Rocker232]
    #10272738 - 05/02/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:

Please show me your proof. Let me also state that I do not believe in God. And if you're basing "God" off of the Bible then I don't even need to argue you with you, as Christianity is not the only religion to believe in God and is not even that old itself. We are debating the existence of a higher power, not man's version of God who punishes people.

Ok the higher power argument ok, then the burned is on you, show me what you have. :popcorn:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleDieCommie

#10272739 - 05/02/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

He didnt mention any god from a particular culture, so there is no reason to assume he meant one of those gods you list.  Better to assume he meant the generalized notion of god, y'know - some conscious entity that caused the big bang.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #10272744 - 05/02/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I met god once, it was a late winter night on the east side of Cincinnati. We had a few drinks, talked about the ethics of mercy killing, and ate a few plates of taquitos to pass the time. As the night came to an end I looked over at the waitress to try and get her attention, and the next thing I knew god took off and left me with the bill to pay.

True story.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: PreparationH]
    #10272747 - 05/02/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
I don't think that it's stubbornness more like atheists think along the lines that they don't have to prove that something they can't see isn't there, but that theists should be proving their god exists.  Im agnostic I think choosing either side takes faith.

97% of America's scientists are atheists and i lean more toward atheism too. Also, check this http://timeinmoments.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/study-suggests-higher-intelligence-decreases-belief-in-god/

I'm not attacking anyone but if a god created man, why did he make all the morons believe in him while leaving the most intelligent to brush itoff

That would depend on whether you believe man has free will or not, its not really a matter of God.

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#10272749 - 05/02/09 10:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Qubit said:
Quote:

He didnt mention any god from a particular culture, so there is no reason to assume he meant one of those gods you list.  Better to assume he meant the generalized notion of god, y'know - some conscious entity that caused the big bang.

Ahh ok make it up as you go. OK then. :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Atheist's aren't stupid, they are stubborn. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10272755 - 05/02/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
I met god once, it was a late winter night on the east side of Cincinnati. We had a few drinks, talked about the ethics of mercy killing, and ate a few plates of taquitos to pass the time. As the night came to an end I looked over at the waitress to try and get her attention, and the next thing I knew god took off and left me with the bill to pay.

True story.

Fucking typical of him. At least he didn't try to get you drunk and take advantage of you.....

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleDieCommie

#10272756 - 05/02/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Making up what?  A common vein in every culture's idea of god is the idea that the universe was created by god.  I didnt make that up...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale