Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173680 -

Do you any data backing up this insane assertion that people remain poor because of cheetos?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10173683 -

I'm very skeptical of conspiracy theories.

My diet is most likely very similar to yours.  I don't eat any junk food, at all.  Wild caught sardines are the only animal product I consume.  I eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, usually more fruits than vegetables.  I drink tea and water, and I don't eat grains which contain gluten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Chespirito]
    #10173690 -

that wasn't the assertion.  I am asserting that people who are poor are slightly less unhappy about  if they can get their cheetos.


--------------------

Edited by Statisticons_win (04/15/09 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10173698 -

I envy the diet you've assumed but you're still thinking unclear.  I don't like conspiracy propaganda because it lends itself to thoughts of omnipotent entities that are gonna "get us".  FUCK THAT MAN.  I'm living my life how I want and ignoring the possibility of something I can do nothing about.  I will not be miffed to assume new habits on account of what is OUT OF MY CONTROL.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173707 -

Well I'm sure any comfort will better enable people to deal with being poor, I think this is obvious though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173717 -

There is no evidence.  Even if something suggestive existed, you could never prove causality.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Chespirito]
    #10173719 -

have you ever eaten cheetos, tey aren't comfortable at all.  they be salty as hell, greasy as hell and all kinds a other shit.. when I eat that shit I can feel myself slowing down, like someone poured sludge on my windshield.  i stopped eating them on the bus ride home from the pen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173723 -

besides this isn't about cheetos, its about the correlations between food and effects on society.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173724 -

I dont personally eat them, but Im sure plenty of people think they taste just fine.  I lived in the South for a year and I can say that the bbq joints I hit up made me feel tired after I ate there.  Thats just a sympton of the food, it makes no sense to call a normal bodily reaction to certain foods 'mind controling.'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Chespirito]
    #10173730 -

you don't get it do you?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173735 -

fuck cheetos!!!!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10173741 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10173747 -

dawg, i got ya.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: badchad]
    #10173767 -

yea, its a tough sell.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10173811 -

Hey you changed the title, kinda makes for a different discussion.  I remember a few years ago there seemed to be a big media push for people to eat healthier. Cut out whole milk, eat more soy, whole grains, yada yada.  Based on that, I could argue that you were influenced by the pro-health food propoganda.  Now what? -->  The gov't still has their thumb on you in a sense because ultimately you're healthier and more likely to live longer and therefore continue to create tax revenue.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: psilog]
    #10173831 -

let me ask you somthing?

Can you really be eating totally healthy without producing the most majority of your own food.

i mean legally what is labeled healthy and organic isn't so signifcantly different than non-orgainc and stuff?

I mean healthy is healthy, but is it tamper free?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: psilog]
    #10173835 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10173842 -

can you elaborate?

me personally, I think the ability t discenr possible conspiracies comes more from a steady diet of literature and treats from the dictionary.  that is me personally.

i think diets are more symptomatic than they are engines or means.

I mean I eat good, but iw ould probably be dubbed unhealthy by most.  I don't eat fast food or shit junk food.  but i eats los of breakfast foods, pancakes omelets, sausages and stuff.  lots  apizza, phillies and burgers.  But sometimes i think I see pretty clearly.  other times i doubt myself up and down. I say shit like, "damn me, what the hell is going on?', and I am completely baffled by this whole strange brew that is our experience.


--------------------

Edited by Statisticons_win (04/15/09 08:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: Statisticons_win]
    #10174068 -

Chespirito ur a fuckhead... if ur such a genius tell us why they are spraying chemtrails, why the fluoride in our water is calcifiying our pineal glands? U say u take time to reasearch? wtf have u found out?
ur here saying these conspiracies are bs and untrue... i remember a certain idiot president saying 'let us not tolerate conspiracy theories'


--------------------
Yes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comparative study: diets of those who do/do not buy into conspiracy theories [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #10174118 -

I must say that when I do eat healthy, I think much more clearly and it's easier for me to not fall into a bad mind state when I eat well. I'm much more likely to be grumpy, anxiety-ridden, depressed and what-not when I do not eat healthy.

This is something I've had to look at because I eat vegan and sometimes I don't get a lot of the complex proteins and nutrients that my body needs to stay healthy and it affects me very heavily.


I can say though that both when healthy and not, I see that there are people actively working to deceive most of us for various ends that are good for few and negative for many.

It doesn't take much to see the sorry state of affairs around the world and to see that action must be taken now, whether that be through non-violent communication with people, stopping creating waste, writing your senators, or doing SOMETHING positive for people.

The more time we spend thinking about these matters and worrying, the less time we have to take action and do something with our lives.

It doesn't take an Alex Jones documentary to see that we are being fucked sideways and that our personal freedom is being jeopardized by many.

It's only a matter of time until more of our freedoms may be stripped away, until our forests may be depleted, until our oil may be gone, or until our clean water may be gone or contaminated

There are a near infinite things we can do to change things both on a personal and global scale.

Lately I've asked myself: So what if a lot of these conspiracies are true? What am I going to do about it? What can I do about it?

It boils down to this: We can do things to affect ourselves and the world in a positive way. We can be against these people and situations all we want, but it's not going to change anything to just think about it and dwell on it. So even if they are true, there is no better time to act than now.

So even if they are true, what are you going to do about it? There are a hundred thousand people out there that would kill you for a buck if they had the chance to. Some of them will do it purely out of religious zeal.

What's fucking me up is not what the idiot governments are doing, but what people as a whole are doing both to their selves and to the world. Look at how we pollute our environment by creating garbage to go to land fills, cutting forests, ripping out perfectly good land to have a lawn, a lot of us generally are apathetic about the environment. We waste so much clean drinking water which our grand children will depend on. There is so much human energy wasted that can be used to help everybody instead of hurt.

On a personal level: Look at how we sometimes treat people, especially when having a need to be right. We lie, deceive, and willfully hurt others (even in small instances where it can be avoided).

I want to go on, but I gotta wrap this up. I think mind, body, earth and universe are inter-connected and dependent upon each other to a degree. So you eating healthy will probably help you make better choices and help you use your mental faculties more usefully. By using your mental faculties more usefully, hopefully it will help you come to some sound conclusions and help you take action in whatever way you deem fit (gardening, art, public speaking, meditation, community involvement, protest, writing a book, giving a friend in need a pat on the back are all some ideas.)

I can see how bad diets cloud peoples judgment and ability to think for their selves. I think you have something there, just look at the FDA! The FDA is FUCKED! The fact that Marijuana, one of the most useful plants in the whole world is illegal in this country, yet it has less negative side-effects than alcohol or cigarettes! WTF?!


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Edited by KetamineKatalyst (04/15/09 08:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* conspiracy theories. OneMoreRobot3021 339 0 01/04/07 08:20 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Has anyone else read the crazy Dave Chappelle Theory?
( 1 2 3 all )
MuShRo0m 4,427 40 12/19/05 03:01 PM
by Phluck
* 9/11 Conspiracy
( 1 2 all )
AliceDee 4,123 22 01/21/09 10:41 PM
by Cannabischarlie
* Conspiracy Theorist' websites LosAngelesGraff 1,237 7 06/29/06 01:52 PM
by blissedout
* 9-11, conspiracy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sparks8 9,184 65 01/21/09 10:37 PM
by Geomancer
* The chewing gum conspiracy
( 1 2 all )
Jon 2,719 22 12/26/05 10:13 AM
by TYL3R
* To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists:
( 1 2 3 all )
Gumby 5,499 45 03/03/07 11:59 PM
by KristiMidocean
* I've seen quite a few 9-11 conspiracies but this one takes the cake. Stymee 1,617 10 01/21/09 10:34 PM
by truekimbo2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,188 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.