Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6631719 - 03/03/07 03:10 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

CNN/FoxNews/Al-Jazeera/NY Times/Any other news publication in the world.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: Silversoul]
    #6631722 - 03/03/07 03:12 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
WTF is stuff about private industry? I'm talking about government here. Unless of course you're trying to insinuate that rich people are intellectually superior.

Believe it or not, President Bush doesn't personally review every piece of evidence collected around the world that may or may not purtain to terrorism.

Neither do any of his cabinet members.

That sort of day-to-day work falls to analysts at the FBI and CIA.

The skillset required to be an analyst, whether it's forensic experience, a degree in math, knowledge of game theory, etc. can earn thousands, and even hundreds of thousands more dollars per year in private industry than it can working at the FBI and CIA.

With such a strong pull on the "best and brightest" to NOT work at the CIA and FBI, you have to wonder who's working there instead. After all, if someone is working at the FBI in a position requiring a unique skillset, then there are one of two reasons he/she is working there:
1) An intense (I would argue irrational) sense of patriotism
2) The person is not...ahem...the best for the job

In a culture where "government employee" has become synonymous with lazy, vested, and unskilled, which of the two seems more likely?

Indeed, this is a real problem, do a search for "FBI brain drain" and see what comes up. It's been reported on by major news outlets (Time, CNN) and it's a subject being debated in thinktanks (Center For National Policy).

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: Economist]
    #6631744 - 03/03/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Ah, I see. But my point was not so much about the planes themselves as much the advanced warnings about Al Qaeda's plans to attack. If I were president, and got a briefing that said, "Al Qaeda determined to attack inside US," I probably wouldn't take the opportunity to take the longest presidential vacation in history. My point is that this attack didn't just come completely out of left-field. There were warnings about it. So was it incompetence or malice? Could be either, or possibly both. I realize that Bush has a reputation as an incompetent moron, but that doesn't let his cabinet members off the hook. I'm not going to say that it definitely was a conspiracy, but considering how this attack fit so perfectly into the agenda of PNAC, to which several top cabinet members belonged, seems a bit suspicious.

--------------------

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: Silversoul]
    #6632126 - 03/03/07 05:52 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Ah, I see. But my point was not so much about the planes themselves as much the advanced warnings about Al Qaeda's plans to attack. If I were president, and got a briefing that said, "Al Qaeda determined to attack inside US," I probably wouldn't take the opportunity to take the longest presidential vacation in history. My point is that this attack didn't just come completely out of left-field. There were warnings about it. So was it incompetence or malice? Could be either, or possibly both. I realize that Bush has a reputation as an incompetent moron, but that doesn't let his cabinet members off the hook. I'm not going to say that it definitely was a conspiracy, but considering how this attack fit so perfectly into the agenda of PNAC, to which several top cabinet members belonged, seems a bit suspicious.

Yup...that's pretty much what I was trying to say.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: kindadank]
    #6632927 - 03/03/07 11:53 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

God this will never fuckin end I am so tired of hearing it from my frineds and thier parents its like beating a dead horse... The towel heads did it, it states in their holy book that we the infedels must be destroyed(if thats the way you interpret it but it seems like it says that to me). George Bush or the gov't may or may not have prior warnings I won't argue that but maybe they didn't take them seriously or maybe they just let the attack happen because it could fit into their aggenda of attacking the middle east and trying to control/police the world.. Welcome to the NEW WORLD ORDER friends enjoy it while it lasts...

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: To all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists: [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6632942 - 03/03/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

Gumby said:
Let me guess... You also believe that the government also cause hurricane Katrina, the moon landing was fake, and the world is flat?

Close, but Katrina was actually a zionist conspiracy.

How come a hurricane that size has never hit New York? Jews, thats why. And who hates black people enough to send a killer storm to NO? Jews, that's who.

Only a denier would call these coincidences.

Oh my god this post made me LAugh my ass off@@@@!!!!! THANK U I NEEDED THAT

damn OMR Would you stop the hurricans?

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder