Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5509460 - 04/12/06 07:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
But, in order to believe that I need to see proof. I have yet to see anything even remotely resembling proof. All I have seen is half-baked innuendo from absolute loons.

the thing is, especialy when a large group of people, like our government, does something illegal, it makes it hard for someone to get the smoking gun. They tend to hide everything, so all we have are little bits here and there that seem suspicous. Until they release things like the videos that taped the attacks on the pentagon, we can never know for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery
Loc: Teegeeack
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5509463 - 04/12/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

Ok, what does our founding fathers have anything to do with George Bush piloting planes into the towers in NYC? Of course our country was founded by a subversive act. Any elementary school child knows that. You'll have to explain to me how that has any link to your crazy plot to rile up the people for war.

obviously this conversation has gotten too long for you to follow. Or, you have no argument so you've resorted to nitpicking. It just goes along with the fact that this IS possible.

After failing to turn back the three ships in the harbor, local patriots led by Samuel Adams staged a spectacular drama. On the evening of December 16, 1773, three companies of fifty men each, masquerading as Mohawk Indians, passed through a tremendous crowd of spectators, went aboard the three ships, broke open the tea chests, and heaved them into the harbor.

does that fit YOUR definition of a conspiracy?

--------------------
buy the ticket, take the ride

Edited by sparks8 (04/12/06 07:08 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: chaospilot]
    #5509489 - 04/12/06 07:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chaospilot said:
the thing is, especialy when a large group of people, like our government, does something illegal, it makes it hard for someone to get the smoking gun. They tend to hide everything, so all we have are little bits here and there that seem suspicous. Until they release things like the videos that taped the attacks on the pentagon, we can never know for sure.

Actually, with a large group of people the truth usually comes out very quickly because there are too many individuals to keep shit straight and somebody lets something slip.

Practically every idea put forth by the conspiracy theorists has been thoroughly discredited. The only one that even makes me wonder and holds my interest is how WTC 7 came down.

Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

#5509502 - 04/12/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

what i meant was a large orginization. The word didnt come up when i was typing it, so i just said a large group of people. Only 4 people could of been involved in the attacks. Maybe not four, but you know what i mean, a small amount of people. And if these people are good at keeping secrets, then nothing would get out. If 4 or 5 people planned it, and then the pilots carried it out, who else besides the people who planned it would know? i dont think the president knew.

Edited by chaospilot (04/12/06 07:13 PM)

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
    #5509511 - 04/12/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Let us say even if the 9/11 was not planned, etc.

Why Iraq? Are there sources showing that Al Queda was being sponsored by Sadam Hussien? Are there sources of WMD, like Bush stated? Then he stated about wanting to give freedom to Iraqis by spending BILLIONS of dollars on war just for their freedom!!!

So, do I believe that? I am sorry, I don't.

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery
    #5509521 - 04/12/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Practically every idea put forth by the conspiracy theorists has been thoroughly discredited. The only one that even makes me wonder and holds my interest is how WTC 7 came down.

why were peices of flight 93 found 6 miles away?
where was all the aircraft-wrekage at the pentagon?
or is discredation whatever the talking heads tell you on TV?

the list of unexplaned facts goes on and on if one cares to research it.

--------------------

Edited by sparks8 (04/12/06 07:19 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: sparks8]
    #5509531 - 04/12/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sparks8 said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

Ok, what does our founding fathers have anything to do with George Bush piloting planes into the towers in NYC? Of course our country was founded by a subversive act. Any elementary school child knows that. You'll have to explain to me how that has any link to your crazy plot to rile up the people for war.

obviously this conversation has gotten too long for you to follow. Or, you have no argument so you've resorted to nitpicking. It just goes along with the fact that this IS possible.

After failing to turn back the three ships in the harbor, local patriots led by Samuel Adams staged a spectacular drama. On the evening of December 16, 1773, three companies of fifty men each, masquerading as Mohawk Indians, passed through a tremendous crowd of spectators, went aboard the three ships, broke open the tea chests, and heaved them into the harbor.

does that fit YOUR definition of a conspiracy?

What does this have anything to do with what the thread is actually about?

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5509532 - 04/12/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sparks8 said:
why were peices of flight 93 found 6 miles away?

Source please. And please make that source a reliable one. www.Bushdidit.com or some shit like that is not reliable.

Quote:

sparks8 said:
where was all the aircraft-wrekage at the pentagon?

The engine was found at the Pentagon.

Quote:

sparks8 said:
or is discredation whatever the talking heads tell you on TV?

Are your opinions formed by wacky conspiracy theory sites on the internet that have absolute no credibility?

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: novorua]
    #5509539 - 04/12/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

novorua said:
Why Iraq? Are there sources showing that Al Queda was being sponsored by Sadam Hussien? Are there sources of WMD, like Bush stated? Then he stated about wanting to give freedom to Iraqis by spending BILLIONS of dollars on war just for their freedom!!!

So, do I believe that? I am sorry, I don't.

I have a bunch of reasons as to why I think Iraq was invaded. I don't believe that is really relevant to this discussion however.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5509541 - 04/12/06 07:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
What does this have anything to do with what the thread is actually about?

I'm going to say absolutely nothing.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

#5509551 - 04/12/06 07:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I fell for all that crap too man. What set me straight was a popular mechanics article that actually attempted to seriously and scientifically go over some of the claims.
Article

You probably just watched one of those scary 911 conspiricy movies.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #5509554 - 04/12/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
You probably just watched one of those scary 911 conspiricy movies.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Is that the kid that hot blonde teacher fucked? Lucky kid....

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #5509556 - 04/12/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

There was one of these threads yesterday in which I posted why conspiracy theories actaully disempower those who believe in them, but all that aside

claiming that the revolutionary-federal period was a "conspiracy" is just plain false; its simply tacking a term one likes onto an historical process. the revolutionary/federal period is one of my areas of specialization for my phd. the revolutionary ferment was openly debated, discussed, disagreed with, publicized, preached about...ok i'll ask you one question, ever hear of the hutchinson letter affair? know what a committee of correspondence is? the republic of letters? consensual writing? /sigh

--------------------

Stranger

#5509568 - 04/12/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

He didn't just fuck her, he also got blowjobs on multiple occasions at her house and in the back room at school. And this is a crime :wtf: :confused:

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery
    #5509583 - 04/12/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

your debate consists of nothing but calling people crazy, redstorm and randall. and now your talking yourselves in circles.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5509584 - 04/12/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
He didn't just fuck her, he also got blowjobs on multiple occasions at her house and in the back room at school. And this is a crime :wtf: :confused:

Damn!  How did such a goofy looking kid get that?

If only I had been so lucky at that age.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5509588 - 04/12/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sparks8 said:
your debate consists of nothing but calling people crazy, redstorm and randall. and now your talking yourselves in circles.

Bwahahaha!

Let's recap shall we:

1. You made a false claim. You were called on it.

2. You attempted to make points and provided no evidence to back it up.

3. You accuse Redstorm and I of "talking in circles", yet you have provided absolutely nothing of substance in your debate.

Edited by RandalFlagg (04/12/06 07:48 PM)

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #5509591 - 04/12/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damn! How did such a goofy looking kid get that?

If only I was so lucky at my age.

Offlineminesstudent
Who knows?
Male

Re: 9-11, conspiracy? [Re: DarkFluFFy]
    #5509592 - 04/12/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Jet fuel could bring down the towers. The towers were designed using the outer walls for support and an inner collumn of support. The steel inside was fireproofed but the impact most likely blew it off. Jet fuel burns hot as hell (don't know exactly how hot). The plane were full of jet fuel. Heating steel to high temps makes it weak.
When the planes crashed into the buildings it ripped huge holes in one side and out the other. This took away an awful lot of structual support. The weight that those supports support has to be shifted to the remaining supports.
Now these remaining supports are in a raging inferno, holding more weight. The steel is weakened and other supports start giving out, shifting more weight to other supports. Eventually the rest reach their breaking point and the floor above crashes down on the one below. Like dominos it all falls down.
Personally I'm suprised the towers stood at all after the planes hit in the first place, let alone as long as they did.

--------------------
"The universe is the way it is because if it wasn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it"

Stranger

#5509608 - 04/12/06 07:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Seriously go give that article a read. You owe it to yourself.

Popular Mechanics Debunking 911 myths

Quote:

FROM THE MOMENT the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one simple and compelling question: How could it happen?

Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media. Blurry photos, quotes taken out of context and sketchy eyewitness accounts have inspired a slew of elaborate theories: The Pentagon was struck by a missile; the World Trade Center was razed by demolition-style bombs; Flight 93 was shot down by a mysterious white jet. As outlandish as these claims may sound, they are increasingly accepted abroad and among extremists here in the United States.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

In the end, we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate. Only by confronting such poisonous claims with irrefutable facts can we understand what really happened on a day that is forever seared into world history.--THE EDITORS

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale