Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Dealing with insanity
    #10150802 -

As I get older and me and my friends become more and more drug addled and I meet & get shpongled with more people, I keep seeing more psychotic symptoms (or full on breaks) - albeit, they still are pretty rare.

For instance, one of my friends has had a drug induced psychoses from acid & pills & lots of ketamine and another one is a full on paranoid schizophrenic from a combination of sketchy events, involving bad trips and sketchy experiences selling pills.

The latter friend ate some random rc which was sold to us as Methylone on Thursday night (now believed to be TFMPP, thanks to Noviseer). We decided to go for a walk at which point he snapped. He couldn't see and had these horrific loops that he couldn't break, He kept repeating what I assumed to be things he associated with safety (i.e. warm, car, pussy) and got very temperamental and un-trusting of anything that wasn't me (I've known this guy since school) or female.

I was pretty fucking wasted when I had to deal with this and it was quite scary and frustrating at points, seeing that much fear in someones eyes. 

This isn't the first time I've had to talk someone down and I highly doubt it will be the last time I have to do so. Maybe I should start carrying an emergency stash of Olanzapine so that if the situation is beyond me I can just put the person to sleep.

Obviously I try to avoid these situations like the plague, but for some reason people always look to me. Just the other day my best friend (whom is pretty in control) ate a strip off the bat and had quite a sketchy one (so did I, cause my girlfriend pretty much broke up with me just as I dropped, but I only ate 3 hits of acid) and I had to rationalize him back down to security so that he could get on with it.

I guess my question is, how do you / would you deal with these sorts of situations? I don't necessarily mean bad trips, cause its much easier to talk someone down from a bad trip than a psychotic episode (although they exhibit pretty similar phenomena).

:shrug:

(yeah I know some of these people should just lay off the drugs, but people only ever listen to me afterwards =/).


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10150809 -

Yeah, I think the drugs are the culprit.

I have done my fair share of high dosing Acid
(15 hits at once is my personal record)
These days,  though, I can't stress how important it is to get the most out of low doses.

I wish I had better advice for you, but I think you were right in these people laying off the drugs; No one ever seems to listen to the guy who knows what he is doing.

Reminds me of City Work; Two guys watching, one guy working.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10150885 -

Your friends are mentally ill they had the latent mental illness, drugs don't cause mental illness they just bring it to the surface. Normal people do not get high every day or abuse drugs constantly it is mental illness to have/need to be drugged up all the time. Normal people don't need to be high all the time, drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10150891 -

^^ This.


The way I figure, I'm glad drugs brought all of my shit out now while I'm young. This way, I'm not 40 and married with kids having a psychotic break.

Glad all that shit's behind me, and I got to find my true self. :sun:

Very tired of hearing this "drugs will cause..." crap. :nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10150896 -

Quetzalcohuatl said:
Your friends are mentally ill they had the latent mental illness, drugs don't cause mental illness they just bring it to the surface. Normal people do not get high every day or abuse drugs constantly it is mental illness to have/need to be drugged up all the time. Normal people don't need to be high all the time, drugs are for people who can't handle reality.



STFU do you have any idea of what your saying?

Do you realize what a high dose of a psychedelic can do to you? Try a fucking 15 gram mushroom trip and come back and tell me that there is NOT insanity in there. Do you realize what board you are on?

Drugs can CERTAINLY cause "a mental" illness, I have been there first hand to become psychotic, yet nothing is wrong with me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: feifen]
    #10150897 -

Sources please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: feifen]
    #10150911 -

no, the insanity is in your head. If you can't realize that all that shit is just your brain being modulated by a chemical and isn't real you are crazy to begin with.

And you'd have to be a stupid crazy fuck to eat 15 g of shrooms. Hell I don't even do any of this shit, I'm just here to piss you off but even I know that is way too much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10150922 -

Quetzalcohuatl said:
no, the insanity is in your head. If you can't realize that all that shit is just your brain being modulated by a chemical and isn't real you are crazy to begin with.

And you'd have to be a stupid crazy fuck to eat 15 g of shrooms. Hell I don't even do any of this shit, I'm just here to piss you off but even I know that is way too much.



And what the fuck is your head? Oh wait, that happens to be mental. I used quotation marks as "MENTAL" illness, as you are not really SICK with something, but you had a psychotic break down... wtf where are all the psychonaughts?

Like I said, if you have never done 15 grams, you cannot say drugs cannot induce a psychosis, even if just temporary. You keep calling people mentally ill. I have great experiences with large doses of psychedelics as well. There is nothing wrong with eating that high of a dose if your prepared for it.

So before you even speak another word, what's your highest dose on a psychedelic, and if you were in control or not. Because you are oblivious to true insanity is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: feifen]
    #10150925 -

Sources please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10150931 -

I avoid people that are prone to that stuff like the plague.  I can't even handle regular crap like someone ranting about their issues when I'm tripping.  I want to make the most of tripping experiences by keeping them positive and insightful.  Sometimes its just unavoidable though when some situation pops up or somebody suddenly springs a psychotic episode on you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Adden]
    #10150933 -

I don't have sources, I am speaking first hand. Can you stop posting "Sources Please." I am not saying they go insane, but I am quite certain SOMEONE on this board of the Shroomery have had a clusterfucking high dose bad experience that made them go crazy for awhile.

:kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Ego Death]
    #10150937 -

This is why I hate noobs.

If they wanna be stupid with psychedelics then a psychotic break is what they deserve.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: feifen]
    #10150955 -

Sources plx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10150958 -

Quetzalcohuatl said:
Your friends are mentally ill they had the latent mental illness, drugs don't cause mental illness they just bring it to the surface. Normal people do not get high every day or abuse drugs constantly it is mental illness to have/need to be drugged up all the time. Normal people don't need to be high all the time, drugs are for people who can't handle reality.




I'm completely aware of this and you've completely missed the point of what I asked.

I knew some arrogant son of a bitch was gonna chime this in.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10150969 -

Cepheus said:
He kept repeating what I assumed to be things he associated with safety (i.e. warm, car, pussy) and got very temperamental and un-trusting of anything that wasn't me (I've known this guy since school) or female.



Same thing happened to one of my friends who ate a quarter of mushies.

He's a stable minded person, but under the influence of psychedelics, I think he was close to the brink of EGO death, and kept holding on to it, so he ended up talking in loops of certain things. It was a bitch trying to get him to calm down. We ended up driving to pick up some acid and we sat him in the back car with the child locks on :smile:

Thank god for child locks.

but yeah, tripping is fun :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10150986 -

I've seen people in near-unbreakable loops before, but nothing like this. We were walking trying to get him to his car so that he would feel safe and he would stop every 10 seconds and start saying "we need to get to my car" and at several points he got aggressive and nearly punched one of our friends who was trying to reason with him.

Its my personal opinion that thought loops are on the brink of insanity, i.e. not a function of healthy mind. If you don't eventually break the loop then I can see how it can easily get messy.

Its easy for you people who don't have any first hand experience with people who have some kind of drug induced (as in triggered by, not caused by) psychoses to simply shrug it off. Its completely different when you actually experience it first hand and it is definitely scary.

In this scene you will undoubtedly meet a whole array of people, some of them mentally solid as a rock, others mentally fragile and you will not know this until it happens.

My question, if you actually read my post, was how do you deal with this? Drug INDUCED mental illness is much more common than you'd expect, especially with the ready availability of a whole array of ridiculously potent mind melting chemicals, which are often taken completely out of context in a completely inappropriate environment. So many people just eat whatever they can get (and yes I am aware this is ridiculous and I do tell people this, but no-one ever listens until its too late).

I'm sure other people here have had to deal with this sort of shit, I mean I think I did a pretty good job, but my question is, how do you go about it?


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10151038 -

I tend to take dosing pretty seriously. I'd never let an unstable friend casually eat five hits, or a quarter of mushrooms, without at least talking to them about the repercussions. If I don't want to babysit someone during a trip, I tell them that beforehand. Honesty before tripping is a good idea. If they still go into psychosis... ugh. Take care of them, and let them know it was a burden, and that you will not be putting up with it again. Too much parenting on psychedelics isn't good for people either. It's a fine line.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Adden]
    #10151255 -

Dystopia said:
The way I figure, I'm glad drugs brought all of my shit out now while I'm young. This way, I'm not 40 and married with kids having a psychotic break.

Glad all that shit's behind me, and I got to find my true self. :sun:





:thumbup::thumbup:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: Cepheus]
    #10151272 -

You see the thing is, you are taking relatively new RESEARCH CHEMICALS, selfmade guinea pig. For all you know you'll all have cancer in 25 years


Kids these days, I tell ya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dealing with insanity [Re: John Nada]
    #10151293 -

Word, I took 2c-i one time and felt crazy for three weeks. The trip was fuckin' sweet, but I doubt I'd do that again.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Attention smokers! marijuana 'doubles mental health risk'
( 1 2 all )
Xionide 4,871 28 03/01/05 06:26 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Who has a mental illness? *group share time* ;-)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 10,693 83 05/13/20 09:38 PM
by deadwk
* the 4 classic temperaments- which one are you? Phishgrrl 962 10 08/17/04 12:04 AM
by BioSore
* Are we ALL insane??
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,015 20 09/06/04 08:29 PM
by silversoul7
* 4 Temperaments theory teknix 339 4 05/16/10 03:14 AM
by Bambi
* Salvia Psychosis Video
( 1 2 all )
FractalDust 5,297 31 04/07/05 05:19 PM
by browndustin
* Pot and mental health
( 1 2 all )
Discordja 4,822 21 11/27/02 05:24 AM
by mr_kite
* American Psycho excuse Burke Dennings 889 7 05/31/05 07:21 PM
by Redstorm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,249 topic views. 10 members, 44 guests and 247 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.