Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10114424 -

I used to critique my roommates act for him when he did the whole open mike deal. If you want someone to seriously check it out for you just PM me.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (04/06/09 04:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Le_Canard]
    #10114673 -

ToiletDuk said:
Yes, post a video so that we may crush your hopes and dreams.



Yes. Post your video here so we can help.


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Merkin]
    #10114752 -

Doing a video then posting it would be good preperation to avoid choking. Im a performer too and nothign sucks like stage fright...thank fuck its been a few years


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: mr_kite]
    #10115275 -

if you can't even videotape yourself for a bunch of random people you'll never meet...well, good luck doing it on stage in front of a bunch of people who are staring you in the eyes.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Syle]
    #10115298 -

On the flip side a live crowd is (hopefully) going to be laughing at his jokes, whereas is he records it he will get crickets every time. I don't do standup, but I imagine it's not easy to go through a routine with no laughter.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10115324 -

I did standup a few times... it's kinda fun, but I realized in order to be successful you need to devote A LOT of time and effort.

I'm too lazy to even be a standup comedian. (that was one of my jokes) :smirk:

I took a $90 class at a community college about it. I took the class to learn about the writing aspects, and just to check out the scene. 80% of the class were absolutely unfunny people. Watching them do their routines in class was difficult.

But, everyone laughed at my stuff and the guy running the class booked a few of us at a sports bar. I did three nights, and by the third night I had my routine down and was even fucking with the audience... of like 30 people mind you.

Overall, it was fun but required too much time... And I never bombed only doing 3 shows. I hear the EVERYONE bombs eventually, and I'm not sure how my sensitive side might take it. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10116357 -

i figure i'll be doing this within the next 2 months.. if i bomb, i'm never doing it again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10116386 -

if your nervous drink a lil but not too much or youll ruin your act lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Konyap]
    #10116404 -

oh im definitely going to have atleast 3 beers before

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10116406 -

I did. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10116456 -

I had a psychiatrist tell me that I should do stand up.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10116462 -

like i said just make sure you can still pretend to be somewhat in a routine or sober thats what standups all about you cant be anyone else other then yourself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: composter]
    #10116474 -

composter said:
Post a video of it here so we can see it.




--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im gonna do standup [Re: Atheist]
    #10116488 -

Atheist said:
oh im definitely going to have atleast 3 beers before



are you a man or a woman?


--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Favorite Standup
( 1 2 all )
pottypatty 1,916 21 03/14/07 11:01 PM
by idiotek
* standup comedy kansas26 1,233 12 08/18/08 09:11 PM
by StrandedVoyager
* Not gonna sell 1 of my beer mugs YouEnjoyMyself 1,986 17 06/22/04 05:13 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Gonna buy a truck. Got any opinions? *update...decision made*
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 2,839 36 03/06/05 12:13 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Hurricane is gonna hit me :(
( 1 2 all )
LthirdSeyeD 3,328 35 09/10/04 03:42 PM
by LthirdSeyeD
* I KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO!!! YouEnjoyMyself 1,068 17 02/19/05 01:20 AM
by grphish
* gonna self pierce my ear(lobe) TODAY 4,204 13 07/11/04 12:40 AM
by 40oz
* Anyone gonna trip July 4th ? Hallucinogen 1,193 11 06/16/04 10:36 AM
by K20A2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,633 topic views. 3 members, 37 guests and 55 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.