Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Hangovers are fucking stupid.
    #993107 - 10/25/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Comments?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Phluck]
    #993146 - 10/25/02 05:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, they are.

Offlinepsilorobbie
morning gloryhater :(

#993148 - 10/25/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes they are and so is tolerance otherwise id be drunk 24/7.

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #993299 - 10/25/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Monday morning:

"Time to pay for your two days of debachery you hungover drones." -Mr. Burns

I used to get the worst two day hangovers ever.  After 15 years of that shit I said enough and quit drinking.  Now instead of getting shitfaced every weekend I smoke weed every day and have convinced myself that I'm better off.  :crazy: 

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#993311 - 10/25/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am a master of hangover cure/prevention. CHUG water before you go to bed than get a glass of water and keep it by your bed to sip throughout the night. If you dont do this puking is the only cure followed by water. Did I mention water? :confused:

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #993755 - 10/25/02 09:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You my friend, couldn't be more correct. Water = very much key. My chemistry teacher last year explained why you get hungover, in science terms, so I'm gonna get scientific on your ass.

Your body creates energy by a cycle called the Krebs cycle. ATP is what your body uses for enery, ATP is made in the Krebs cycle. Water is needed to make ATP, and if you don't have enough, you run into problems. If you don't have enough ATP made(due to lack of water), your muscle cells will release lactic acid. Lactic acid in the muscles is the reason your body just aches all over when you're hungover. I've beaten many hangovers by drinking lots of water.

If any of my technical info was wrong, let me know, it's been about 2 years since I had biology.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Gumby]
    #993857 - 10/25/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Does this mean drinking lots of water during and after strenous excersise will reduce lactic acid build up in your muscles. What about when your tripping? Psychedelics definetely cause lactic acid to build up around your joints (especially your knees).

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Remy]
    #993923 - 10/25/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure about tripping, but I know it will help out a lot with exercise. Drink lots of water after you work out, you'll feel a little better the next day.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #994412 - 10/26/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

take a few hundred mg of thiamin & your acetaldehyde turnaround will be maximized (acetaldehyde is a fairly toxic ethanol metabolite... you gotta help your hepatic functionality out, cuz like the old saw sez: "the quality of life depends on the liver" :wink: ...)
durk & sandy (pearson & shaw), in their oversized book _life extension_ have a formula of vitamins, minerals, & amino acids just for drinkin... (book is at home & i am at work... maybe later...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: gnrm23]
    #994420 - 10/26/02 07:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The worst hangover Ive ever had was on the morning of September 11. I awake to this shit and contemplate if I had anything to do with this... :frown:

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

Offlinepezbomb
exploding pez

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Penguin]
    #994641 - 10/26/02 11:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had a hangover, though a few times of drinking ago I spent the entire night laying on a porch staring at a skateboard and puking on it. :tongue: :grin: 

--------------------
-------
The golden age was the age when gold didn't reign.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #994676 - 10/26/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was hung over all day yesterday...  I threw up three times and was in pain all day...  It ruined my Fridiay and I swore that I would never do that again...

So Ill stay away from hard drinks for like a month and drink less beer but Ill be back to my old self in a few weeks... :cool:

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #994808 - 10/26/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, I love convincing myself I'm never going to drink again.

Friday-
a)drink
b)terrible hangover
c)swear I'll never do it again.

Saturday-
a)+b)+c)

After drinking, I find weed makes things more tolerable.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: spliffguru]
    #997476 - 10/27/02 05:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I used to get hangovers easy. I would have a few beers, and a few hours later i felt like shit, no energy, headache. I also had hangovers after smoking herb. This was because, I wasn't drinking enough water. Now when i am drinking I drink water every once in a while. Weed and alcohol are diuretics, they make you lose water. Just drink lotsa water.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1000787 - 10/28/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The best advice given to me in high school was by my ex partying ag-ed (FFA) teacher. She told me to drink a glass of water and take two aspirin before passing out. This has worked for me everytime I could remember to do it. Water,water, water!! :cool:

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Remy]
    #1000839 - 10/28/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The accmulation of lactic acid in muscles is a result of anerobic celluar respiration, ie: lactic acid fermentation. It occurs durring excersise if/when cells do not get enough O2 to perform aerobic cellular respiration. This often occurs durring early stanges of a new workout routine, or strenuous ecersise.

Gumbydude, I am sorry to say that you were misinformed, or you have forgotten what was told to you. The Krebs cycle is a component in aerobic cellular respiration, but in no way makes the majority of ATP. Furthermore water is not needed in aerobic cellular respiration but infact, is a biproduct of the production of ATP as seen in the formula below.

C6H12O6 + 6O2 ----------> 6CO2 + 6H2O + ATP
(Glucose) (oxygen) (carbon dioxide) (water) (energy)

ATP is produced through the celluar respiration. Aerobic cellular respiration occurs in three steps, Glycolysis, Krebs Cycle, and the Electron Transport Chain and Chemiosmosis.

Glycolysis breakes down glucose into pyruvic acid. Durring Glycolysis, 2 ATP are produced, and 2 NADH are produced. In an intermdediate step between Glycolysis and the Krebs Cycle, the pyruvic acid gets transformed into Acetyl Coenzyme A. Durring the Krebs Cycle 2 ATP's are produced, 6 NADH's are produced, and 2 FADH2's are produced. Durring chemiosmosis, another 34 ATP's are produced from the NADH's and FADH2's.

You are sore durring a hangover more than likely because you are dehydrated.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1000929 - 10/28/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So in a very informative but long winded way you're saying water is key? Just checking.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Hangovers are fucking stupid. [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1000975 - 10/28/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A key to what? Cellular respiration, no. Preventing hangovers, yes. Water is a biproduct of cellular respiration, a waste if you will. It is formed from the hydrogens in glucose and the O2 you breathe in. Water is formed when the final electron acceptor (O2) in the electron transport chain is reduced by electrons in the form of hydrogen ions. Water is not needed for cellular respiration whatsoever.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale