Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Why is the Sierra Club so fucking stupid!!
    #2941905 - 07/29/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus Christ these people are morons!  They claim to be concerned about the environment but at every turn they ignore the facts and pursue their ridiculous political agenda.  What they really want is to stop all growth.

There is a freeway widening project underway here in Las Vegas.  Interstate 95 from downtown to the northwest corner of the valley is long overdue.  The northwest corner of the valley has grown a lot in the last 2 decades and now rush hour is mere gridlock on this stretch of road twice a day.

But in their infinite wisdom the Sierra Club has filed a law suit to stop the freeway expansion.  And what is their reason for wanting this work stopped?  They claim it will result in more pollution because more cars can travel on a larger freeway! :what:  What kind of moron believes that a bigger freeway brings more cars to town?!  Whens the last time you said "I gotta go get a new car to drive on that big freeway" or "Lets go to Las Vegas so we can drive on that big freeway!"?

The facts that the Sierra Club have chosen to overlook are simple.  The traffic will be here, freeway or not.  Traffic moving at speed means cars are on the road less time (and running more efficiently) then cars sitting in gridlock idling aimlessly.  Therefore...wider freeway will mean less pollution, not more!!

I'm sorry if any of you are affiliated with or have respect for the Sierra Club.  But if this is the case I would reccomend you re-think your affiliations.  I have had dealings with the Sierra Club on many levels over the years and I have never found these people to be either rational or truly concerned about a useful cause.  There are plenty of groups out there who do some good work, but there are way too many that claim to be "friends of the environment" while actually being nothing but a big political machine.  And the Sierra Club is one of the worst!!

Heres a link to the story in a local paper...

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineoDin
Re: Why is the Sierra Club so fucking stupid!! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2941966 - 07/29/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i agree the sierra club and I'll include PETA also

MORONS

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2941983 - 07/29/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that's the kind of thing that really pisses you off. along with having the total opposite affect of what they think it's going to have, it would also create some job oppurtunities too. it doesn't seem like there's anyway to rebel against their chafing isms either..

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#2942204 - 07/29/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I hope to god they don't win. If there is one thing we need to STOP, for the good of all americans (I don't know about other countries honestly..I have no facts), it's RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. I have real sympathy for the people that have to do that day after day. It's one of the worst things I can imagine.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #2942667 - 07/29/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Apparently none of those tree huggers have to deal with the speghetti bowl, those bastards.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2943045 - 07/30/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The world is full of idiots, whats new?

They should be thinking about creating a better public transportation system :wink:.

Its not like they can find the tax money in vegas... its not like they have huge facilities which rake in millions upon millions a day... o wait... they do. lol.

Seriously though, i can see your point, their need to be a middle ground. Obviously the sierra club has the environment in mind, well... maybe, but the main concern should be reducing the number of vehicles on the road and reduce pollution.

--------------------
What?

OfflineoDin
Re: Why is the Sierra Club so fucking stupid!! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2943179 - 07/30/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yah i wish, esp in the US west that they(gov) would invest in a public transportation system. while land is still relatively cheap. dont see that happening though.

Jump to top Pages: 1