Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9915285 -

AmericanPsycho said:
1112r said:
If he can post on shroomery then I'm sure he can tell the authorities that his dad is being a piece of shit and stealing his medication.



We've gone over that, What can they do?  he's living under his roof.



http://www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov/APS/reportabuse.htm


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9915295 -

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to steal someone's doctor prescribed medication, regardless of whether or not they live in your house, and if he really is paralyzed and living with his dad that treats him badly, he can just report it and then live somewhere better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: lucid]
    #9915300 -

lucid said:
plz recommend a good anti-depressant?
something strong n effective
for people with horrible incurable illness



sunlight

:shineon: :sun: :sunny:

dose daily

:thumbup::thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: lucid]
    #9915301 -

In my experience, anti-depressants are good for two things:

1. Borderline personality disorder

2. People with mild to moderate depression.

Severe depression is often worsened by anti-depressants, as the chemicals are not enough to overcome your depression or anger, but give you a lot of emotional energy. This results in more energy being fed into your negative emotions, and can cause dysphoria.

I read psychiatric journals, and there was an interesting piece I saw last month that said St. John's Wort has the same effectiveness as traditional anti-depressants with a lower incidence of negative side-effects.


--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915302 -

1112r said:
if he really is paralyzed and living with his dad that treats him badly, he can just report it and then live somewhere better.



Who's gonna pay the rent???


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915319 -

Who's paying it now? Someone else, not him cause he's paralyzed. Who will pay it when he no longer lives with his dad? Probably someone else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915323 -

1112r said:
Who's paying it now? Someone else, not him cause he's paralyzed. Who will pay it when he no longer lives with his dad? Probably someone else.



His dad is.  But who will if he leaves?  He has no other family.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: lucid]
    #9915325 -

I'm taking welbutrin currently. In the past I've been on prozac, paxil, and zoloft. Of of all of those, welbutrin works the best with the least amount of side effects. Welbutrin is know as an atypical antidepressant where as the others I mentioned are SSRIs.

SSRIs tend to have some really craptastic side effects ranging from weight gain, sexual dysfunction (can't get it up or can't get off), and for me at least, they ruined my creativity. SSRIs also prevent you from feeling any extreme emotion. Like you never get really happy or excited and you never get really sad or upset... It' like everything is bleh and grey, but not depressing. For the most part, fuck SSRIs.

Welbutrin also has the added benefit of being a smoking cessation drug and it works pretty well for that. I've been on it for about 3 months and I smoke about 5-7 cigarettes a day now where as before I was smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day. Another thing I've noticed is that my rheumatoid arthritis had gotten better since I've been on welbutrin. Probably because it helps me manage stress levels and stress is what exacerbates the rheumatoid arthrits.

I do think for your condition you could benefit from antidepressants. Give them a try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: RandomHero]
    #9915327 -

RandomHero said:
I would say marijuana

but maybe that's not for you :justdontknow:



Marijuana tends to make depression worse. I've experienced that one first hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9915331 -

AmericanPsycho said:
1112r said:
Who's paying it now? Someone else, not him cause he's paralyzed. Who will pay it when he no longer lives with his dad? Probably someone else.



His dad is.  But who will if he leaves?  He has no other family.


He must live in a shitty place if the government won't give him a place to stay. I think most US states will provide a place to live for a person in such a situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: Gumby]
    #9915333 -

Gumby said:
RandomHero said:
I would say marijuana

but maybe that's not for you :justdontknow:



Marijuana tends to make depression worse. I've experienced that one first hand.


  Get better 'marijuana".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915342 -

1112r said:
AmericanPsycho said:
1112r said:
Who's paying it now? Someone else, not him cause he's paralyzed. Who will pay it when he no longer lives with his dad? Probably someone else.



His dad is.  But who will if he leaves?  He has no other family.


He must live in a shitty place if the government won't give him a place to stay. I think most US states will provide a place to live for a person in such a situation.



He lives in Canada


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915344 -





I dunno about you, but I call that pretty good marijuana.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: Gumby]
    #9915353 -

I actually really really really like Wellbutrin, the only side effect I ever experienced from it was a boost in libido, and I'm not going to complain about that.

But...I don't think that's really the issue.  Sounds like you need to find an advocate, I know that here in the US there are several organizations who have advocates for people with disabilities, to help them find homes/work/medical care/supplies, etc.  It would seem that Canada would as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9915362 -

You seriously think that lucid can't excersize just because his legs are paralyzed? I guarentee you he could get some right solid excersize building up his upper body. And then he wouldn't feel so helpless because he'd be more able to get around on his own.

And Canada has free health care. I don't know the particulars, but I'm that there are places a mentally-stable but physically disabled person can get room and board on the government's dime.  As I've said over a dozen times in his "whys my hooch on fire" and similar threads, this is something to talk to his doctor(s) about. They know what the options are, and would probably be willing to advocate for him to get him out of his situation... So far, he continues to ignore the advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: Gumby]
    #9915364 -

Gumby said:




I dunno about you, but I call that pretty good marijuana.


It definitely seems go have a good calyx to leaf ratio and seems to be in good condition. But I'll need better shots of the trichomes, a lot appear to be missing the heads. The pistils don't look unique, not a unique color or length. I'm guessing it has a lot of indica in it, or is pure indica. Can't tell very much from a picture though. What strain is it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9915371 -

AmericanPsycho said:
He lives in Canada


And that automatically means he's tried every kind of weed, or even a lot of kinds. Thanks for clearing that up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9915375 -

Kumara said:
But...I don't think that's really the issue.  Sounds like you need to find an advocate, I know that here in the US there are several organizations who have advocates for people with disabilities, to help them find homes/work/medical care/supplies, etc.  It would seem that Canada would as well.



Yup, but I'll let you in on a little secret... Lucid doesn't want to. He prefers his current cycle of feeling powerless, brewing toxic prison-hooch, his dad stealing his medication, and complaining about how hopeless his situation is on the internet.

Finding an advocate, finding what his options are, and getting the fuck out of the situation would be a pretty quick and painless process. Plenty of people have suggested it before. I'm sure plenty will again.

He's not interested. He wants you to feel sorry for him, not tell him how he could improve his situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9915376 -

Entropymancer said:
You seriously think that lucid can't excersize just because his legs are paralyzed? I guarentee you he could get some right solid excersize building up his upper body. And then he wouldn't feel so helpless because he'd be more able to get around on his own.

And Canada has free health care. I don't know the particulars, but I'm that there are places a mentally-stable but physically disabled person can get room and board on the government's dime.  As I've said over a dozen times in his "whys my hooch on fire" and similar threads, this is something to talk to his doctor(s) about. They know what the options are, and would probably be willing to advocate for him to get him out of his situation... So far, he continues to ignore the advice.


So this is a spam topic then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: recommend a good anti-depressant? [Re: 1112r]
    #9915378 -

Various strains, first one was a lot of sativa, second was probably about 50/50, and I'm pretty sure the last one was 100% indica. And yeah, a lot of the heads got knocked off. Most of the stuff we get in this area comes from other states so a lot of the trichs get knocked off during transport.

Here's a very detailed shot of some trichs, no clue on the strain:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anti-depressants and shrooms.... Asazman 1,164 16 09/27/04 09:14 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* Depression, myth thats called fact.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psilocybeingzz 11,160 69 11/07/05 11:09 PM
by Phluck
* Lonely and depressed
( 1 2 3 all )
rogue_pixie 5,672 45 07/30/04 01:07 PM
by rogue_pixie
* Antidepressants and SSRI withdrawl SoulSurfer 1,162 3 11/19/03 09:35 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Wich McKenna audio would you recommend...
( 1 2 all )
Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 4,560 29 12/18/04 02:35 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* I'm so fucking depressed
( 1 2 all )
Hawkeye3 8,387 22 01/05/06 01:47 AM
by pschumach
* hey, does spam ever go bad, im fucking starving and its all i gots. ZippoZM 4,383 13 08/08/05 04:52 PM
by Shroomism
* Junk email and spam JiminiCricket 1,464 4 11/25/02 06:45 PM
by djfrog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,302 topic views. 2 members, 27 guests and 202 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.