Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Best Amazon Review Ever!
    #9893566 -

Link
Quote:
The Secret saved my life!
By Ari Brouillette

Please allow me to share with you how "The Secret" changed my life and in a very real and substantive way allowed me to overcome a severe crisis in my personal life. It is well known that the premise of "The Secret" is the science of attracting the things in life that you desire and need and in removing from your life those things that you don't want. Before finding this book, I knew nothing of these principles, the process of positive visualization, and had actually engaged in reckless behaviors to the point of endangering my own life and wellbeing.

At age 36, I found myself in a medium security prison serving 3-5 years for destruction of government property and public intoxication. This was stiff punishment for drunkenly defecating in a mailbox but as the judge pointed out, this was my third conviction for the exact same crime. I obviously had an alcohol problem and a deep and intense disrespect for the postal system, but even more importantly I was ignoring the very fabric of our metaphysical reality and inviting destructive influences into my life.

My fourth day in prison was the first day that I was allowed in general population and while in the recreation yard I was approached by a prisoner named Marcus who calmly informed me that as a new prisoner I had been purchased by him for three packs of Winston cigarettes and 8 ounces of Pruno (prison wine). Marcus elaborated further that I could expect to be raped by him on a daily basis and that I had pretty eyes.

Needless to say, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to this level. Although I've never been homophobic I was discovering that I was very rape phobic and dismayed by my overall personal street value of roughly $15. I returned to my cell and sat very quietly, searching myself for answers on how I could improve my life and distance myself from harmful outside influences. At that point, in what I consider to be a miraculous moment, my cell mate Jim Norton informed me that he knew about the Marcus situation and that he had something that could solve my problems. He handed me a copy of "The Secret". Normally I wouldn't have turned to a self help book to resolve such a severe and immediate threat but I literally didn't have any other available alternatives. I immediately opened the book and began to read.

The first few chapters deal with the essence of something called the "Law of Attraction" in which a primal universal force is available to us and can be harnessed for the betterment of our lives. The theoretical nature of the first few chapters wasn't exactly putting me at peace. In fact, I had never meditated and had great difficulty with closing out the chaotic noises of the prison and visualizing the positive changes that I so dearly needed. It was when I reached Chapter 6 "The Secret to Relationships" that I realized how this book could help me distance myself from Marcus and his negative intentions. Starting with chapter six there was a cavity carved into the book and in that cavity was a prison shiv. This particular shiv was a toothbrush with a handle that had been repeatedly melted and ground into a razor sharp point.

The next day in the exercise yard I carried "The Secret" with me and when Marcus approached me I opened the book and stabbed him in the neck. The next eight weeks in solitary confinement provided ample time to practice positive visualization and the 16 hours per day of absolute darkness made visualization about the only thing that I actually could do. I'm not sure that everybody's life will be changed in such a dramatic way by this book but I'm very thankful to have found it and will continue to recommend it heartily.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893636 -

Good set-up, excellent execution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893650 -

:rofl:

That's great


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893656 -

LMAO


--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893657 -

:rofl2:

good joke


--------------------


"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893666 -

:lol: What a superbly beautiful evaluation. I wonder if he still shits in mailboxes.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9893686 -

LOL


--------------------
From Song Meanings:
Response to Schism Lyrics:

see...the thing about maynard is his songs dont necassarily have some deep meaning...truly this song is about tetris... - Wrathic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon Review Ever! [Re: Silversoul]
    #9893789 -

:rofl:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Squeak the Mouse: Bonus Porn Section Added - 7 Aug. 2005. Adults Only and Not for the Squeemish
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,355 24 08/10/05 12:20 AM
by mjshroomer
* My book has just been reviewed by THE EROWID!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
Crystal G 3,192 39 01/25/08 06:59 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints ShroomyMcPot 1,993 8 08/13/09 09:16 PM
by joe666
* what would you get from amazon.com ? vampirism 953 6 09/30/07 10:05 AM
by Individual
* The Fastest Mailbox Standing Still !
( 1 2 3 all )
Mad Merlyn 3,140 51 01/23/09 04:39 PM
by Mad Merlyn
* Another drunken story (Cops... again, Police Helicopters... again, Gang fight... again)
( 1 2 all )
StrandedVoyager 5,347 22 07/23/05 04:10 PM
by TYL3R
* Legality of mailbox stuffing TheHappieHippies 3,499 16 09/05/08 12:21 AM
by johnm214
* Post/review the books you have read recently tomk 1,425 19 05/19/05 07:23 PM
by InsatiableThirst

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
609 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.