Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: klodeo]
    #9825655 -

So I found some dirt cheap nettle and have been drinking it for a couple days now. I can't believe the difference it's made, I have been feeling pretty bad for the last couple months physically, I guess I had a huge build up of toxins in me or something. Two days of drinking this tea and my body made a dramatic turn around, blows my mind. I'm curious how I'll feel once this cold is gone too. I really believe that it cleans out your kidneys. I recommend people to at least try it for a couple days to clear the system. I'm going to try and drink it daily for a while to possibly help with allergies this spring.


I'm also most definitely picking a ton of it this spring and drying it at home and making some nettle soup!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: thedirtymac]
    #9825748 -

Awesome! Glad to hear it man. My wife and I are both blown away at what it has done.

And ya gotta love the price :wink:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: klodeo]
    #9825976 -

klodeo said:
thedirtymac said:
This is a great thread. Thanks for all the information everyone! I really want to try some nettle tea, I'm having a hard time finding it in the stores just loose. There are capsules and extracts, but I want the real thing. I think I might find some worth drying myself though, there is a ton of it around here.

Any brewing tips?



wouldnt bother buying it if theres loads of it about anyway. will probably be loads nicer if you pick them :smile: brewing tips, either dry a load and chuck it in water, or use it fresh by grinding it up in water and straining the gunk out. would recommend trying nettle soup as well. heres a link to a random recipe off google:
http://www.nettles.org.uk/nettles/activities/nettlesoup.asp




Do make a youtude of you picking them and after...I hope you ware some gloves...

Never mind some poor soul beat you to it..

google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=

:rofl2:


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: Brainiac]
    #9827494 -

ouch, thats pretty intense... why would anyone do that?

spring is starting to rear its head methinks, and the nettles are starting to come up again. woobwoob! :sun:
had my first sting of the year today while i was doing some shiitake logs at work.

my friend was saying that if you get enough stings in one go it really starts weirding out your head because of all the hystamines, no sleep for crazy nettle boy tonight :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: klodeo]
    #9827521 -

oh yeah, someone was telling me another use of stinging nettles today: plant 'em under your beehives (if you keep any that is) and it will stop animals from coming and pillaging honey :smile:

oh yeah, and also this from that 101 uses for stinging nettles book:

make a liquid plant fertiliser
brew an unusual beer
make a dandruff treatment
protect beehives
flavour an omelette
make friendship bracelets
repel flies naturally
make green or yellow fabric dyes
keep yourself warm in the winter
and much more ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: klodeo]
    #9827581 -

If your girl/boyfriend is into it she/he will like it..


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: Brainiac]
    #9828093 -

into what??
:what:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: whattheheck]
    #9828124 -

I bet the beer would do funny things to a person if it was brewed right. 

I'll make a double dosed tea that I let steep for a LONG time, and it will make me goofy.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: whattheheck]
    #9828146 -

Yeah, a real strong nettle tea makes me all tingly and feel funny.  I bet the beer would be awesome too.  This nettle thread is making me so excited for Spring.


--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: whattheheck]
    #9828284 -

whattheheck said:
into what??
:what:



To some pain is good...;)


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: Brainiac]
    #9831647 -

strangely enough, the blurb for this book (101 uses of stinging nettles) did say something about 'erotic uses', but the pain and pleasure one is the only one i can think of... maybe its an aphrodisiac of sorts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: klodeo]
    #9831686 -

just read in a book at work (field guide to teh butterflies & other insects of britain) that nettles are really important for insects as well, cos loads of them breed on and feed on nettles.
"The advantage of feeding on nettles is that most grazing animals leave the nettles alone because they are tough and will sting. In fact more than 40 species of insect, including aphids, bugs and beetles are either completely or partially dependent on nettles for food and shelter."
nettles rock :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: jazzillion]
    #9832659 -

jazzillion said:
Yeah, a real strong nettle tea makes me all tingly and feel funny.  I bet the beer would be awesome too.  This nettle thread is making me so excited for Spring.



Me too! Me too! It's so nice outside today too!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nettle Tea [Re: thedirtymac]
    #9833498 -

When I posted this I half expected people to make some fun of me and my nettles.

Who knew? :shrug:

I'm getting ready for my first cup today.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Weening off Heroin to Poppy tea to nothing... PopTop 2,248 5 05/23/07 01:27 PM
by Dark_Star
* Tea. penexpers 890 6 03/06/06 10:26 PM
by penexpers
* Still depressed? Silverwolf 1,203 8 03/01/06 05:48 AM
by Silverwolf
* Reishi tea Harmonic_Order 739 2 12/31/15 07:59 AM
by deff
* Just made a DETOX tea, check it out CptnGarden 1,214 17 03/27/08 06:57 PM
by LeftyBurnz
* tea tree oil for hypertrophic scaring. Tasty_Smurf_House 610 1 11/19/04 06:21 PM
by GnuBobo
* Mega Green Tea kronnyQ 411 0 01/21/05 03:49 AM
by kronnyQ
* Herbal Combinations for Health and Healing
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 9,377 24 09/30/14 08:08 PM
by foodsgoodtoo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,916 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.