Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I have a confession to make
    #9720107 -

I downloaded some Sonic Youth and My Bloody Valentine shit the other day to give them both a second chance.
After about a year and a half of chastising them for making shitty music, on the second go I think I might actually like it :ashamed:

This goes more so for Sonic Youth and MBV, I haven't listened to too much of them yet.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: jewunit]
    #9720219 -

SY is one of my favorite bands off all time. 

MBV has some good stuff....  But it only goes so far.

Sonic Youth had a bigger impact on modern music that Nirvana IMO


--------------------
Multiplied

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: Dickhead]
    #9720235 -

I tried to like sonic youth but i just couldnt get into their sound. Reading this post now im gonna go pull out some of their cds and give them a second chance.


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9720257 -
Log in to view attachment

Here...


--------------------
Multiplied

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: Dickhead]
    #9720261 -

i don't know sy and i can't stand mbv.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9720266 -

Down load that and welcome to the new sex.


--------------------
Multiplied

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: jewunit]
    #9720286 -
Log in to view attachment

jewunit said:
I downloaded some Sonic Youth and My Bloody Valentine shit the other day to give them both a second chance.
After about a year and a half of chastising them for making shitty music, on the second go I think I might actually like it :ashamed:

This goes more so for Sonic Youth and MBV, I haven't listened to too much of them yet.



hey, right on.

and it was just the other day that you referred to them as being fucking terrible.

check this MBV song out, it's my favorite from them.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: Dickhead]
    #9720308 -
Log in to view attachment

throy said:
Down load that and welcome to the new sex.



i don't know if catholic block would be the best song to introduce sonic youth to somebody who has never heard them.

but maybe i'm wrong..

the song i'd choose would be "titanium expose" off of their album Goo


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: jewunit]
    #9720323 -

I love them both.

I just kinda discovered the band Mogwai, I know they've been around a while but I just never listened.. pretty good stuff. Relaxing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: two_rivers]
    #9720356 -

i like that Swallow song you posted. its pretty different from the stuff i normally listen to, but its kind of soothing.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have a confession to make [Re: uber_aj]
    #9720545 -

Sonic youth is sooo good.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Valentines Day
( 1 2 all )
JesusGoneRogue 1,200 29 02/14/11 07:42 PM
by JesusGoneRogue
* The FUCK VALENTINES DAY thread
( 1 2 3 4 all )
nicechrisman 9,467 68 01/25/12 01:55 AM
by underfliptown
* This Valentines Day, I'm Going to a Strip Club on Acid...Any Tips?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LogicaL ChaosM 16,601 83 02/11/11 07:37 AM
by shroomzi8
* Hey, I don't have a Valentine. Herbus 1,536 16 02/15/08 06:55 AM
by Konyap
* Valentines day is just a bullshit commercial holiday, right?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mellowparty 4,680 61 02/15/13 01:52 PM
by jtv56
* Shroomery Valentines Day!!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
Magicman69 4,895 57 02/14/14 02:13 PM
by ShiVersblood
* Valentine's Day
( 1 2 3 all )
Lion 4,767 56 02/12/10 09:38 AM
by yogabunny
* Valentine's Day is bullshit.
( 1 2 3 all )
adrug 5,246 42 02/14/07 05:31 PM
by The_Red_Crayon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
437 topic views. 3 members, 12 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.