Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
First Time Tripper
    #9679787 -

Hey i am planning to go to a grateful dead concert in april and i was going to get 2 hits of acid before the concert. I believe i know enough about the drug to control myself there. Ive never tripped before(on anything) Only thing ive done is ive smoked alot of weed. I was wondering if anyone had comments or suggestions..


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679799 -

Don't trip in public, at least not your first time, save it for your bedroom.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679806 -

His bedroom? Why would he want to sit in his bedroom for 12 hours? That is just retarded. If anything he should go outside.

OP: I say go for it. Maybe just take 1 hit because it is your first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679814 -

Well i really want my first trip to be a amazing experience in my life and if im just in my bedroom i dont think it would be as good.


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679832 -

Every time I trip I lay in my bed and keep my eyes closed, for the entire duration of the trip.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Edited by Shamanintraining (01/25/09 10:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679841 -

if you have never tripped before you have no idea what its like, regardless of all the story's you have herd and all the trip reports you have read. don't think for a second that you know how you will react. the biggest factor you have to take into account is environment. you cant hope to control the environment at a concert so how do expect to control your trip?


--------------------
we create realitys in our minds based on our own experiences, rather than fact. my experiences in life have been insane, so in reality i am in fact, INSANE...
-ME

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679844 -

No offense but that seems kinda wasteful. i mean you would still learn alot but for me..i want to be out doing stuff and learning new experiences.


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679859 -

I would seriously not trip my first time at a concert
get some acid and try it alone or with some friends
in a controlled environment first, then try it at a concert

my 2 cents


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679864 -

DeadHead420 said:
No offense but that seems kinda wasteful. i mean you would still learn alot but for me..i want to be out doing stuff and learning new experiences.



IME, when when you are laying down, with your eyes closed, and head phone in your ears, it is much easier to disassociate from reality.  Trips tend to be smoother. Not to mention the only time I've had a bad trip was the one I took with my eyes open for the majority of the trip.  You learn a lot when your mind is floating threw outer space.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679865 -

I'd say take both.
They probably aren't strong enough that you'll be overwhelmed.
You will also probably be with many people who can help you out, even if you don't know them.

Say you save it for a day where you can hang out at home and go for a walk, there's no guaranteeing that will do well for you either. The only way to find out which settings work is to be in them until you are more experienced. A Dead concert isn't exactly a risky situation to be tripping.

I say go for it, no question.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: niteowl]
    #9679867 -

Whats the worst that could happen.. haha i just want to have a kickass time


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679872 -

:shrug: Go for it man.

My first acid trip was at Bonnaroo '06 (2 geltabs).  I was the only one of my friends who tripped, and I had an awesome experience.

Then again I had tripped on mushrooms before, but acid is easier to handle anyway IMO.


--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679874 -

DeadHead420 said:
Whats the worst that could happen.. haha i just want to have a kickass time



A bad trip.  IMO, weed and molly are concert drugs.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679879 -

true. Im getting mixed anwsers and not quite sure if i should.


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9679880 -

DeadHead420 said:
Whats the worst that could happen..



You could end up on the floor, crying, running from demons

truth

Quote:
haha i just want to have a kickass time



Nothing wrong with that, just try the acid in a controlled environment first, before you start tripping in public.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679885 -

A bad trip can happen in your house, in your backyard, on a hike, on a rooftop.
Don't be so naive.
The chances of a trip going bad for the whole duration is slim to none.
The chances of a trip going bad at a concert, and not just any concert but a concert with music made by fucking acid heads with an audience full of people who will be on acid, is almost non-existent in my mind.

You guys could scare off the most experience tripper with talk like this.

How good is your connect/how big is your supply?
If you won't have a problem getting more I would say either trip this weekend to get an idea, or take one at the concert if you're really worried about it. If this were any of my friends I'd have them eat it at the concert.
Will you be alone? If not then I would honestly not even have the slightest worry.


--------------------
!

Edited by jewunit (01/25/09 10:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: jewunit]
    #9679905 -

I guess I just don't like crowds.  I'm pretty sure the crowds of a concert might induce a bad trip for me.  I'd much rather be freaking out by myself than around other people.  Plus, drunks give me bad vibes.


--------------------



"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679916 -

Well if you were to start feeling uncomfortable there's always somewhere to escape to.
If it's outside just go real far back.
If it's inside go to the halls or something, or just leave.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9679920 -

Yea, there are too many variables at a concert for a first time tripper IMO

If he has connections why not trip this weekend
then again at the concert
just to be on the safe side :shrug:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: jewunit]
    #9679923 -

My friend will be there with me and if all goes as planned he will be tripping also and he's more experienced then me.


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* day tripper or night tripper?
( 1 2 all )
psilibros05 3,054 23 02/09/05 05:29 PM
by notapillow
* Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Adamist 22,802 175 01/11/05 02:18 AM
by Turd
* The Awesomeness of Outdoor Forest Raves & Concerts! LogicaL ChaosM 1,508 5 06/04/09 06:49 PM
by Coaster
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom
* Monkeys love the Tripper's FAQ! Monkeys is Funny! RoseM 1,002 8 09/02/04 09:35 AM
by Rose
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,452 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Stoners, Trippers: The coolest god damn thing I've seen in a while
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 2,883 24 05/11/09 09:54 AM
by thirdeyeparable
* I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silversoul 6,380 84 01/19/15 04:29 PM
by fbi365

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,959 topic views. 4 members, 16 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.